1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 23rd of September 2013

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by strategyonly, Sep 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

At the moment there's nothing to tell you that another civ has potentially already reached that tech first and it's the FIRST to reach a normally religion granting tech that gets the prophet only. So I suspect it's not actually a bug. Yes, some work needs to be done to let you know when the religious tech has already awarded it's free prophet to the first civ to reach it.

If you KNOW for sure no other civ could've reached the tech before you then perhaps there's something to look into. There shouldn't be any conflict with the other two processes though as they don't take place anywhere near each other in code.

One bug we noticed the other day though: 4 generals were suddenly born in one barbarian city on the same turn for some reason... is this somehow intended design?

2. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Actually you can tell if a religion has been founded but it was a lot easier before we had the religion techs. If the tech icon has a prayer symbol on the religion symbol then it has not been founded otherwise it has. Standard BtS behaviour. You used to get the religion icon o the tech if it was not founded and the tech icon if it was.

3. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Escaped Lunatic

Is it common for posts here to get ignored? I'm not saying that in an antagonistic way, I'm just asking if you generally respond to bug reports or if you fix them without having to comment. It would be more reassuring.

4. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

5. Mouthwash

6. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

It depends on if anyone is working on that area or not. For example the start date for ancient is set in the eras infos (iirc). It is a single number and is a % of the total turns in the game for that game speed. The game then turns that into a date. I think it gave a reasonable start date when I tried on snail.

Also I am still not back to modding yet RL is too busy but getting less so.

edit usually if we fix it we also comment.

7. civilpl2

civilpl2 Chieftain

Any progress? IF You can fix it, can I continue this game? There is a need to apply new version or sth?

Meanwhile I back to Civ1 :D

8. masaykh

masaykh Prince

Mouthwash - you use svn?

i got svn and i dont see things you talking about :)

9. strategyonly

2 errors in latest SVN commit

10. SargontheGreat2

SargontheGreat2 Modder

I uploaded those with the wonders. I guess Hydro accidently didn't add the trade resources.

11. Mouthwash

No, I don't. Did you start in the ancient era? Did you start at 40,000 AD with a deer archer?

12. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Yes it's fixed. See SVN thread. You need the latest version from the SVN though, so your options are:

1) Move to using the SVN version
    2) Wait for the next release to incorporate th fix (which will be V34, probably in about a month)
    3) Take the SVN version's DLL and just replace your existing DLL. This is not 100% guaranteed though, but it'll PROBABLY work. If you want to try this you can just browse he SVN repository in a web browser on sourceforge to get the DLL only (https://sourceforge.net/p/caveman2cosmos/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/Assets/CvGameCoreDLL.dll).

13. strategyonly

Python error with Revolutions (should be next turn??)(GEM Map) no rev's should even be around yet??? DH is doing RL so will NOT be able to help, so need someone else to try, thx. . . SO

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "BugEventManager", line 363, in _handleDefaultEvent
    File "Revolution", line 624, in onEndPlayerTurn
    File "Revolution", line 1070, in updatePlayerRevolution
    File "Revolution", line 2318, in checkForRevolution
    File "Revolution", line 3656, in pickRevolutionStyle
    File "Revolution", line 4116, in chooseRevolutionCiv
    RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception

It has happened about every 10 turns or so, so far 4 times:mad::mad: (I am only on turn 65)

EDIT: OK 85 turns in about 10 times now, and it seems to be happening when i get a NEW tech??

EDIT EDIT: Tried a re-load and CTD (mini from that),
    also when did we start getting :gold: for religions? See attached (last pic)

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Now i get a repeatable CTD, i knew i should not have tested GEM, 28750.

14. ThomasBrix

ThomasBrix Chieftain

Reproducible crash when processing next turn. Tested with current svn (r6247).

Attached Files:

15. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

So far I am unable to reproduce this. Just loading the save and hitting end turn reproduces it reliably for you? Any unusual options set? Running with full latest SVN (assets and DLL both)?

16. ThomasBrix

ThomasBrix Chieftain

Yes I'm just hitting end turn. It is the full svn. I cleared the cache and now it crashes while recalculating the save game. I will try downgrading wine tomorrow.

17. The Boss

The Boss Chieftain

I got a CTD loading the main screen after last SVN upgrade (today 08 october 2013); cannot reach the initial screen asking if I want upgrade the dll before starting a saved old game.
    Yesterday all was OK, now while loading POOF....CTD.
    Please, help!!!
    My sistem: Windows XP 32 bit 4 GB RAM /3 GB switch on, viewport on, enable_dynamic_unit on

18. Faustmouse

Faustmouse Deity

I can't attack the Mali Capital: Hittite.
    Even when I lower their defense by removing high Walls, Castle Keep etc via WB or making a revolt start with spies.

NVM, just saw there is a Fort south of it.

Forts should not be able to be build next to a city.

19. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Wait what's wrong with it? It worked for me when I tried it out in my game. :confused:

20. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

There was a brief period between the uploading of the wonders and then later the bonuses. I noticed because I had the same error because I updated and got the wonders but not the bonuses:lol:. later I got the bonuses too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.