Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 23rd of September 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I suspect it may be more. That reference is talking about a goody ISLAND result of a STONE THROWER so I suspect that has something to do with the mechanism I think DH was working on that replaced the stone thrower result on islands with canoes or something to that extent. Is that still working? Is this error an indication of a problem in that section of code? I figured DH would see that and take a look...

It is part of the whole goody hut stuff we need to look at. The code builds up the text string from the result and then uses that string to find the language code as normal.

So to get TXT_KEY_AUTOLOG_VILLAGE_RESULT_STONETHROWER it takes the result UNIT_STONETHROWER removes UNIT_ and adds it to the end of TXT_KEY_AUTOLOG_VILLAGE_RESULT_ to get the text.

This text is going into the autolog so the TXT_... is just as good as any translated text for debugging purposes.

I got sth else than crash - but it stops game anyway.

When I am a turn from discovery Optics the game in the phase "Waiting for other Civilizations" just stop - there is a "waiting" mouse icon but nothings happen - I try to wait even 5 minutes - for nothing. I've back to the autosave and start over - but with the same result - the game stops on the one turn before discovery optics - and the computers turn never finishes.

I attach autosave. I really appreciate this mod - but i cannot enjoy it in my game :(

Attachments

• AutoSave_BC-3525.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.6 MB · Views: 57
not bug but questions

neanderthal warrior CANT be upgraded...why?
i see possible building (if you turn off "show trainable units only" ) Insect manipulation lab
at prehistoric start (50 000 bc) isnt it...strange?

Tried taking over enemy city and poof CTD. latest SVN assets.

Can I have the save please - it's definitely a DLL problem, but I can't figure out the cause from the minidump alone - I need to reproduce it.

I got sth else than crash - but it stops game anyway.

When I am a turn from discovery Optics the game in the phase "Waiting for other Civilizations" just stop - there is a "waiting" mouse icon but nothings happen - I try to wait even 5 minutes - for nothing. I've back to the autosave and start over - but with the same result - the game stops on the one turn before discovery optics - and the computers turn never finishes.

I attach autosave. I really appreciate this mod - but i cannot enjoy it in my game :(

I am unable to reproduce this. Here is what I am doing:

1) Load provided autosave
2) End turn
3) For all city build popups choose the recommended building
4) For all diplomacy popups terminate immediately without agreeing anything new
5) As soon as units are ready just end turn without moving anything
6) Repeat steps (3)-(5) until Optics is researched

Can you confirm that the same recipe still hangs for you. If not what steps do you take? If possible please provide a save from the turn it hangs so that all that is necessary o reproduce it is to load the save and hit end turn. BBAI logs from the hanging turn also might reveal something.

I am unable to reproduce this. Here is what I am doing:

1) Load provided autosave
2) End turn
3) For all city build popups choose the recommended building
4) For all diplomacy popups terminate immediately without agreeing anything new
5) As soon as units are ready just end turn without moving anything
6) Repeat steps (3)-(5) until Optics is researched

Can you confirm that the same recipe still hangs for you. If not what steps do you take? If possible please provide a save from the turn it hangs so that all that is necessary o reproduce it is to load the save and hit end turn. BBAI logs from the hanging turn also might reveal something.

I've done everyting You had mentioned, but without result. I made newer safe - after this turn the game stops in the phase "Waiting for other civilization..." and the walking soldier appears as a mouse icon and nothing happens.

BBAI logs? Where can I find them? There is no crash - the game just hangs, i cannot open menu, i cannot do nothing - just minimalize game and close it from the menu alt+ctrl+delete .

Attachments

• Andrzej BC-3475.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.6 MB · Views: 69
Missing units???

I found them, i must have missed them when i transferred DH's FPK :blush:

On this i am doing alot of the FPK, also trying out splitting up the Units FPK into 2 FPK, dont know if it will work or not, so you might want to keep the Units.FPK that is presently there, thx

I've done everyting You had mentioned, but without result. I made newer safe - after this turn the game stops in the phase "Waiting for other civilization..." and the walking soldier appears as a mouse icon and nothing happens.

BBAI logs? Where can I find them? There is no crash - the game just hangs, i cannot open menu, i cannot do nothing - just minimalize game and close it from the menu alt+ctrl+delete .

Thanks - it reproduces for me from this save - I'm working on it now...

...and fixed in latest SVN.

CTD when trying to take empty enemy city??
Cherokee, mini and BBAI in zip

Your previous hang (about 5 posts up) plays through OK for m now (with the fix to the hang that was reported just before by civilpl2). Is that save also working ok for you now too?

Regarding this crash - if I load the game and select the stack of helicopters and tanks NE of the city and just move in (with the entire stack selected) the city is captured (without a CTD), but partisans appear all around (including in the sea which is not a legal place for them to be!). It might be that the partisan stuff is behind the problem, but it's hard to say since it doesn't crash for me. Can you confirm that simply loading, selecting that stack, an ordering it into the city is enough to cause the crash for you (if not what do you do differently)?

Your previous hang (about 5 posts up) plays through OK for m now (with the fix to the hang that was reported just before by civilpl2). Is that save also working ok for you now too?

Regarding this crash - if I load the game and select the stack of helicopters and tanks NE of the city and just move in (with the entire stack selected) the city is captured (without a CTD), but partisans appear all around (including in the sea which is not a legal place for them to be!). It might be that the partisan stuff is behind the problem, but it's hard to say since it doesn't crash for me. Can you confirm that simply loading, selecting that stack, an ordering it into the city is enough to cause the crash for you (if not what do you do differently)?

Yes the other one works fine now, thx.

And again yes, thats all you have to do is TRY to enter the city and i have tried 4 times now and POOF CTD, i dont get the partisans, nothing just CTD.
I need to continue this game, so if you can get it to work, pls post, this is the furthest i have ever gotten in 3 years, so pls post thx.

EDIT: Attached is a different mini after enemy captured one of my cities, and poof CTD??

EDIT EDIT: Its a repeatable CTD also, BBAI is inside USA zip

Yes the other one works fine now, thx.

And again yes, thats all you have to do is TRY to enter the city and i have tried 4 times now and POOF CTD, i dont get the partisans, nothing just CTD.
I need to continue this game, so if you can get it to work, pls post, this is the furthest i have ever gotten in 3 years, so pls post thx.

EDIT: Attached is a different mini after enemy captured one of my cities, and poof CTD??

EDIT EDIT: Its a repeatable CTD also, BBAI is inside USA zip

Any non-default BUG or main menu options? (e.g. - stack attack, etc.) ??

Edit - your latest save is also not crashing for me, so I think we must have some different option selected somewhere, but I'm not sure what.

Edit 2 - It was me that had stack attack on!! It crashes when I turn it off - working on it now...

Yeah, i dont play with hardly any extra options on, besides i dont like stack attack!

Also WHEN you have time only, can you check on this, it stil does nothing??

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=12803182&postcount=42

Sure. I'm testing a fix for your CTD now - it should be on the SVN later today.

Edit - in regard to your auto-hunt thief - he attacks fine for me when I load the game and hit end-turn! Do you have the auto-hunt min odds set to something high in your BUG options? (it defaults to 50% I think - at least that's what mine seems to be set at)

Edit - in regard to your auto-hunt thief - he attacks fine for me when I load the game and hit end-turn! Do you have the auto-hunt min odds set to something high in your BUG options? (it defaults to 50% I think - at least that's what mine seems to be set at)

I never change anything that is not on by default, otherwise i am not playing like others that d/l it, that dont know where or how to use the BUG stuff.

Btw is HE attacking or are the animals attacking HIM?? I bet its the animals . . .

I never change anything that is not on by default, otherwise i am not playing like others that d/l it, that dont know where or how to use the BUG stuff.

Btw is HE attacking or are the animals attacking HIM?? I bet its the animals . . .

He is attacking the cheetah to his immediate south when I run the turn. Animals don't attack him because he is invisible.

Ancient starts apparently begin at 40,000 AD, and the starting military units are deer archers, which obviously shouldn't be the case. I think that these should be easily reproducible (I'm not at home right now so I can't post a save).

I am using the Divine Prophets option. I think it's supposed to give you a Great Prophet when you discover a religious tech. If I get a Great Person from Wonder &c GPPs the same turn, the Great Prophet doesn't appear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom