1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 24th of February 2014

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Feb 22, 2014.

1. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Why Hop/Stick and Flag? Those were nice??

2. Rodnok

Rodnok Prince

in SVN 7093 I got a non-fatal warning during load "current assets are missing Jump Rope class building - any instances will have been removed". Same for Stick combat, hopscotch and capture the flag. I assume either it wasnt removed in all files or someone (not me) has built it in some city, so its a warning about a removed building.

3. Rodnok

Rodnok Prince

edit: nothing, my fault.

4. Arminia

Arminia Chieftain

My Great General as a field commander has earned enough experience to gain a promotion. But there is nothing available.
    Download V34 with both Combat Mods enabled.

edit: the promotions popped up after reload

Attached Files:

5. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I'll look into your crash at some point here SO.

Yeah, don't know why we'd have removed those buildings (except for the redundant Excrement Holes)... really liked those.

The reason for the general issue was ? but maybe it doesn't hit a check for 'canPromote' after it receives xp from a commanding source and something else has to get it to trigger to see if it can.

6. JanusTalaiini

JanusTalaiini Prince

Playing v34, and the "newly discovered animal resource" event is still firing ridiculously often. I haven't reached sedentary lifestyle yet, and I've "discovered" 4 tiles of parrots and 7 tiles of elephants around my starting city.

7. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

We actually have someone willing to review the events and do coding. They are doing it for release v35.

8. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Repeatable CTD. Just end turn.

9. C2CPlayer

C2CPlayer Chieftain

Is it possible that a restart of a computer can clear some MAF errors?

10. C2CPlayer

C2CPlayer Chieftain

Nvm tried it and still get the same errors, Jesus, i cant even play any of my games due to constant MAF errors, and im only in the ancient era.

11. strategyonly

You should NOT be getting any, UNLESS you have an OLD :old: 32 bit PC.

12. Stormwind

Stormwind King

Not really true. While graphics paging has reduced or even eliminated MAFs/crashes related to the size of the map itself there are still enough causes left. Some are Civ4 related, some are in combination with other factors. This is a list of things I have encountered so far:

1) MAF/Low Graphics Memory message chances are increasing with higher civ4 graphics settings and watching streams (like Youtube, Netflix, Hulu etc). Most browsers also use the graphics card for rendering.
    2) Frequent switching between Civ4 and other programs can result in MAFs or non repeatable crashes.
    3) When still exploring the map the occasional MAF still crops up. Especially from Large map size onwards.
    4)Non-repeatable crashes that most of the time seem to be starting around late medieval/early renaissance and playing more than ca. 30 turns in one go. After reloading the game I usually have 10+ AIs waiting to contact me. Either there is a problem loading all the leaderheads or the calculations for the diplomacy itself are somehow causing a crash.

After the latest unit skins where added I had a string of MAFs/video memory errors which I only could solve by reducing the graphics yet again.

13. strategyonly

No offense to anyone, but that means your playing a little beyond the scope of your PC.:mischief::blush:

If you play over 15 civs (actually this is too many also) to begin with thats too much, and anything over Gigantic is too much also. And nothing above the Snail speed also will eliminate this stuff.

14. Stormwind

Stormwind King

If taking my settings/PC and your statement into account no one could play more than a large map with 10 AIs, barbarians not turning into civs, on marathon with the lowest graphics setting Civ allows. And then why even allow/bother with larger maps/slower speed if even good PCs can not handle this.

15. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

If you guys want those buildings back, I can just take out the comment code. However I felt they were just excessive/pointless.

EDIT: Ok I reactivated them.

16. strategyonly

I agree, but as with the other things with C2C, what does C2C have more than anything for everyone, "OPTION's"

I am just saying if you play on those HIGHER end things, dont expect to go to the end of the tech tree or end a game, "I'm Just Sayin.":p:D You can only push so far, before it breaks.

17. Slarki

Slarki Warlord

The Revolution mod is disabled, even when I untick "no revolution". Any way to enable revolutions?

18. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

@stormwind:
    I usually get to play through Giant maps without "MAF" troubling me too much, but somewhere in the last version cycle of C2C the MAF problem got more pronounced.
    If you turn on viewport it is possible to play gigantic maps without MAF although it introduces quite a few visual glitches.

19. alberts2

alberts2 Emperor

That is the same crash as thé one strategyonly posted, it comes from the removed buildings. But i think the game should not crash because of this, i see what i can do to avoid it.

Edit:
    Found and fixed the problem there but i can't commit the fix today .

20. ChaoticWanderer

ChaoticWanderer Warlord

when meeting the amazons for the first time under her pic is AI_DIPLO_FIRST_CONTACT_LEADER_MARPESIA_1