1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 24th of February 2014

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Snofru1

Snofru1 Emperor

The Capitol Records Building Wonder can never be built. It needs the Recording Studio as a prerequisite. But the Recording Studio needs the Phonographs resource. Phonographs are built by the Phonograph Factory. But the Phonograph Factory goes obsolete at Mass Media. And the Capitol Record Building is only available at Mass Media.

An easy solution would be to not have the Recording Studio need Phonographs which isn´t realistic anyway (something more modern than Phonographs like tapes or hard discs should work, too).

Similar thing: To build a Local Radio Station you need Phonographs, too. But to build the Internet Radio Station you need a Local Radio Station. But at this time Phonographs will be for a long time obsolete and you can´t build new Radio Stations.

2. C2CPlayer

C2CPlayer Chieftain

So, i set everything on the very lowest quality and i turned off all other excess programs, and yet i still get MAF errors and crashes every turn. This is becoming unbearable, i just want to enjoy my yearly C2C campaign.

3. C2CPlayer

C2CPlayer Chieftain

Hopefully someone can gleam info from this. I would really apreciate if i can play my game again.

Attached Files:

4. ChaoticWanderer

ChaoticWanderer Warlord

not sure if this is related to the disappearing signs. if you click the resource on for the map to show the resources. then save and restart with it still showing resources the resources are not showing and clicking on it does not show resources. if you save turn off the resource view restart and click it it comes on fine. seems to only be a problem if you leave the game while its on.

5. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I don't have enough time to give this a proper look through so I'm going to communicate what strikes me here to Alberts and hopefully he may be able to find the problem before I can find the time to look.

Immediate observations: the file size is ginormous. It probably doesn't even load right? I've seen this kind of thing before and it happened for me when I didn't bracket a CvPlayer read/write sequence correctly which led to every player (of an infinite chain of definition taking place when going to save) being given a definition for the tag. I'm not aware of any changes there recently however and when I'd made this mistake it affected ALL games which this one doesn't seem to do. But this save does indicate that we may have a similar problem lurking in the read/write wrappers somewhere. I can't imagine without looking much deeper into it where such a game conditional problem would exist though. Also striking to me is that you (and others who are reporting the same) are getting MAF errors in the game itself. This may suggest an entirely different problem.

Perhaps it has something to do with a messed up map definition or civ or leader that isn't occurring in all games. This is going to be very difficult to find and fix if the savegames themselves are all basically corrupted by this infinite data saving loop and are thus completely unopenable. There may be some easy ways to diagnose but I'm not aware of the tools we'd need to use for that.

6. C2CPlayer

C2CPlayer Chieftain

Alright thanks for the info, I hope your team can isolate this MAF error people are having so it can make peoples games be able to play again. Also in one of my other games my file saves was about 10 Mb.

7. ChaoticWanderer

ChaoticWanderer Warlord

i get certain memory allocation errors but when looking at logs i see a lot of resmgr.log errors. is this because my comp cant handle things or is it problems i should post. a lot of failed to load then a failed to load i/o error

8. C2CPlayer

C2CPlayer Chieftain

So every turn results in MAF or ctd. And right clicking on buildings result in an MAF or ctd. Well seems like my 30 hours of gameplay is ruined.

9. alberts2

alberts2 Emperor

The size of this save is fine and the save loads. The game is played in Enormous Mapsize with alot AI's maybe this is just to much.

10. C2CPlayer

C2CPlayer Chieftain

It used to play perfectly fine until a couple weeks ago, about after 8000 bc or so, then this started happening like every 6 or 7 turns, now it just wont let me Update peramiters, or all that jazz without a MAF or ctd. Also how are you getting it to work for you, are you able to update without a MAF, and access the world builder?

11. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

5 gig is an ok save? Sheesh!

12. Faustmouse

Faustmouse Deity

I don't think Hydro will find this post here, so I will repost it in the building review thread. IIRC you found some other issues like this (which is really great! :goodjob:). You probably want to make a new thread for such things (Building Chain Bugs?) so they can be solved easier?

13. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

-Giant (works now due to graphical paging/memory fix)
    -Gigantic (can be played with viewports enabled)
    -Enourmous (Probably can't be played by anyone anytime soon, perhaps even never)

14. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

I agree, and i think we need to get RID of it??

15. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

I read this thread too. :p

16. Faustmouse

Faustmouse Deity

Ooouups. Sorry! Is the issue with the Nanobots fixed?

17. Snofru1

Snofru1 Emperor

Thanks, I think I will post these things in the future in the buildings review thread as it seems to fit best.
    AFAIK all the issues I have posted in the past are fixed now, including the Nanobot issue (I will come back to it if not).

18. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

C2C's recommended number of AI is less than 24 AI on a giant or bigger map. Reduce that even more (GENERALLY BY HALF) IF the Options REV, Barb Civ or Barb World are turned On.

I think C2Cplayer over did it and now is paying the consequences of his actions by poor set up numbers.

JosEPh

19. alberts2

alberts2 Emperor

5 gig? the áttached save was 5mb or did you mean another one.

20. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

His AutoSave_BC-3745.CivBeyondSwordSave file is showing a size of 5,285,296 in the jZip window... it displays differently than I suspected it should so misread it, sorry. I'll be avoiding THAT mistake in the future. lol

Yeah, he probably just did set it up too intensive to begin with. Only Deep Blue could play the largest mapsize for long.