Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 24th of February 2014

It seems that the problem is not caused by your recent change. I reverted CvMapGeneratorUtil.py to Rev. 7226, just previous revision of your change.
But kangaroos and llamas were still not placed. I tried other mapscripts and the results were same.

EDIT: I updated CvMapGeneratorUtil.py again and same result.

Turns out I forgot to remove some comments so my changes to the code don't do anything anyway. I am getting both llamas and kangaroos on huge tectonics map but only one of each so it may be that their probability is too low. I'll have a look.

Never played this way, ie how to do thx???????:dunno:

When starting a game just select multiplayer rather than single player. Use the IP version. Start New game. Setup the game just like a custom game would be setup but make sure to select AI for all other players. Without any other human players you can't get OOS errors and by accessing the ability for much of the AI to run as you're playing your turn (watch out for their units being able to move while you're taking your turn!) you'll greatly alleviate wait times between turns.

That easy.

I was thinking too... if you're in the middle of a well developed Size Matters game, the AI will take a few turns to go through a lot of processing it normally would be more up to date with as turns proceed. This will probably make the first turns appear rather taxing. It should smooth out as you go.

Let me know if after 3 or 4 rounds it continues to be problematic and I'll be happy to take a deeper look to see if there's some good ways to optimize the processing I've adjusted. I was testing on a dual map game so obviously I wouldn't have noticed the kind of changes to turn times that may be impacting much larger map games.

Thunderbrd,
thanks for the effort you put in to fix the current problems.

I addressed one issue with free buildings by wonders and also the fact that these prereq buildings do not show up in the statistics.

Thus you do not get the bonuses from wonders (they are disabled because the prereqs are not met anymore) nor can you build any wonder which has some prereq buildings.

I think i stick with rev 7196 for CvGameCoreDLL.dll untill this, for me the most important point, is solved.

And I'll hold off testing and playing any more until the Ai knows not to put out too many cities, thus breaking it's research.

Actually, until that is done I could still play if someone posted what tag to set on a building or civic (prefer building) to set a hard-limit to number of cities, and if it's possible to change it due to either technologies learned or resources gained, or both. Again, please?

Cheers

And I'll hold off testing and playing any more until the Ai knows not to put out too many cities, thus breaking it's research.

Actually, until that is done I could still play if someone posted what tag to set on a building or civic (prefer building) to set a hard-limit to number of cities, and if it's possible to change it due to either technologies learned or resources gained, or both. Again, please?

Cheers

I'm not sure what your set up is for this observation as it's contrary to what I'm seeing. I just claimed the overall lead in a 10 AI game on Monarch and I just hit the Ren Era. I still have 2-3 of the AI that are at the same level or still ahead of me in tech research. But since I've become the largest empire I am gaining on the leaders.

So I think your observation are dependant upon Game set up options activated or disabled, moreso than on the AI overbuilding.

JosEPh

Thunderbrd,
thanks for the effort you put in to fix the current problems.

I addressed one issue with free buildings by wonders and also the fact that these prereq buildings do not show up in the statistics.

Thus you do not get the bonuses from wonders (they are disabled because the prereqs are not met anymore) nor can you build any wonder which has some prereq buildings.

I think i stick with rev 7196 for CvGameCoreDLL.dll untill this, for me the most important point, is solved.
I'm not following you well enough to act on anything here. You're saying something was fixed but something else is not or did a new bug get introduced?

IF I'm following this post correctly, I THINK you're saying that some wonders are now unbuildable for some reason? The adjusted coding does enable the two buildings you mentioned in the save you gave... But somehow you're claiming that any wonder with any building prereq is not buildable at the moment? I need more information.

Cheers
There's no tag to set a hard limit on # of cities. As stated it will just take some time to look into what can be done to get them to respond more to increased # of city maintenance.

FYI 7234 gives me a blank screen with a Civ cursor indefinitely. Alt-tabbing out I get:
Artinfo: '' not found
followed by:
Artinfo: 'ERROR' not found
and Civ terminates.

I need more specific information which Art Info is needed.

I need more specific information which Art Info is needed.

All that means is that an old game he was playing is now missing one of the civs i deleted. I warned everyone about this.

Any ways after the YOUR current SVN i get these PINK btns and MORE?????

fixed

I'm not following you well enough to act on anything here. You're saying something was fixed but something else is not or did a new bug get introduced?
I'm a bit disapointed to get this answer.
Especially because it was me pointing out the wonders providing free buildings are broken. And i provided a save demonstrating my claim.
In addition i found out and told that the problem happened with the transition from build 7196 to 7198.

And the one who did the changes from 7196 to 7198 was Thunderbrd. ;)

I'm a bit disapointed to get this answer.
Especially because it was me pointing out the wonders providing free buildings are broken. And i provided a save demonstrating my claim.
In addition i found out and told that the problem happened with the transition from build 7196 to 7198.

And the one who did the changes from 7196 to 7198 was Thunderbrd. ;)

Ok, my understanding was that the bug was that buildings that required x# of buildings built throughout the empire were not being unlocked properly. I may not have deeply enough read the original point of your post.

You seem to be trying to say that wonders that give free buildings in all cities aren't doing so... is that right? I do have a way to test/fix that pretty quickly if there's something wrong there.

Ok I checked previous version of the SVN (before my changes) and bug with missing civilizations and Oceania missing icon was already there. Dunno where to look for these bugs :/

Cheers
I've taken a theoretical stab at this.

According to the code the AI won't build any more settlers if it's in financial difficulty. It defines being in financial difficulty as being required to be at 50% gold allocation on the slider (or rather 50% UNallocated towards research/culture/espionage).

With your adjustments, this might mean that they take a much bigger hit from a new city than this safety threshold would allow them to compensate or benefit from enough to not starve themselves out economically.

So although this may not be the BEST solution as it does not directly make the AI compensate for an enhanced maintenance adjustment, I'm adding a Global Variable so that you can adjust that 50% financial difficulty tolerance level. I'd probably prefer it if the AI thought itself in trouble far before falling to half the sliders unallocated to compensate for its expenses anyhow so I've increased it to 60 as a default in that variable as well. (personally if I dip beneath 100% research I start doing whatever I can to get back on top of gold! This isn't really the best approach for the AI in particular though.)

This also might help the AI in other ways but may make the ai a little less aggressive and a little more cautious with growth and war.

I'm also making some adjustments that will hopefully improve the AI's will and ability to bring Rams and other siege weapons to their efforts to invade cities.

Ah... ok, so I went back and READ this post (which I hadn't because I was really only following the bug regarding the # of Buildings in empire prerequisite). Yeah, this will be something I can probably solve pretty easily but just to clear up any confusion, I had not ATTEMPTED to solve this one because I wasn't paying enough attention to the text of this post when I grabbed the save to try to resolve the other matter.
I think we have a bigger problem, at least i do.

The wonders providing free buildings, e.g. Hammurabi's Stele of Law, are broken.

Hammurabi's is supposed to provide a free courthouse in every city.

With 37 cities in the attached save you would think you find 37 courthouses build while you have a look at your statistics.
Or at least some 33 with your cities min pop of 6.
But you find 0 courthouses.

Which is some problem, i need courthouses for district courthouse and supreme court.

Same with Hadrian's Wall, Gobekli Tepe, Flavian Amphitheatre and so on.

Maybe worth a look.
I just followed you here and went to get the save. Sorry for not reading deeper.
Take my save above.
Reverting to your pre-code-adjustement allows you to build the District Courthouse and the National Mint which both haven't been available with the latest CvgameCoreDLL.dll.

So this is next up to bat. Should be a quick fix.

EDIT:
I apologize but I cannot utilize your save since I didn't keep the removed civilizations.

However... this SHOULD be repaired already. When I last checked my fix (posted yesterday) against your save I was able to build the District Courthouse and the National Mint. The problem with their prereqs had been resolved entirely.

Furthermore I just checked the claim that there was a problem with wonders that give free buildings in all cities - it's working exactly as intended according to my tests.

There IS a slight possibility that in some prerequisite situations if a building has been unlocked that can replace (upgrade) a prerequisite building, the new upgrade building becomes the actual prerequisite - however, I've tried to keep that from happening too and I haven't seen an indication that it is.

So how about we start back over here on this discussion. With the current SVN version do you have any further problems?

Also... make sure to recalculate - the fix would to unlock those wonders would only apply if the cities are reset.

You seem to be trying to say that wonders that give free buildings in all cities aren't doing so... is that right? I do have a way to test/fix that pretty quickly if there's something wrong there.
Exactly.
i should have written this in first place to avoid any confusion.

Btw, i always clear the cache and do a recalc after CvGameCoreDLL.dll changes.

The result of the recalc with your latest changes (btw, it took 14 minutes) was the same as before, the wonders were still broken. :(

@Thunderbird
Thanks, going to go SVN for a bit to get this then and keep playtsesting in the coming week. Takes a while as I always test on larger maps and Eternity.

Speaking of balancing variables: Culture Thresholds, in the few games I've gone further, need updating by about 25% higher, or a global reduction of 20% culture output if numbers should be kept down.
Just saying as I'm the one that adjusted them way back and they've gone awry again since.

Cheers

I uh, just updated C2C to 7231 last night and started playing for the first time in a while...

* Not sure if this is a bug or a side-effect of something else, or if it's supposed to be possible - but I was researching Sedentary Lifestyle and around six turns remaining I get the message that the Barbarians researched it first?? :eek:
View attachment 373167

I hope this is the right thread to ask this ^^;

A bit of a side-note, I thankfully no longer seem to have anti-archery units trying to attack melee units incorrectly when attacking in a group, so I think that was fixed? (Didn't see any mention of it in the Bugs or SVN threads, unless I missed it)

Exactly.
i should have written this in first place to avoid any confusion.

Btw, i always clear the cache and do a recalc after CvGameCoreDLL.dll changes.

The result of the recalc with your latest changes (btw, it took 14 minutes) was the same as before, the wonders were still broken. :(
hmm... when I made the changes I did on this last update and I tested your game those buildings were working fine. Very odd that you find they still aren't. I'll have to look again I suppose.

On the debug dll it took so many hours to recalc that I had to let it go overnight. lol

To do any further testing it looks like I'll need to update to get SO's latest.

@Thunderbird
Thanks, going to go SVN for a bit to get this then and keep playtsesting in the coming week. Takes a while as I always test on larger maps and Eternity.

Speaking of balancing variables: Culture Thresholds, in the few games I've gone further, need updating by about 25% higher, or a global reduction of 20% culture output if numbers should be kept down.
Just saying as I'm the one that adjusted them way back and they've gone awry again since.

Cheers
The global variable inclusion hasn't been made yet and with Sparth's renewal of art files again it may take nearly all day for me to get it in place. In otherwords... be looking for the announcement that it's been updated to the SVN in the SVN thread first.

I uh, just updated C2C to 7231 last night and started playing for the first time in a while...

* Not sure if this is a bug or a side-effect of something else, or if it's supposed to be possible - but I was researching Sedentary Lifestyle and around six turns remaining I get the message that the Barbarians researched it first?? :eek:
View attachment 373167

I hope this is the right thread to ask this ^^;
It is and... that's very odd. Haven't looked into barb tech code for a while but I do think that's possible but rare. Very rare. Perhaps the barbs have a LOT of cities in your game? I dunno... it'd take some real digging to see if anything's wrong there.

It is and... that's very odd. Haven't looked into barb tech code for a while but I do think that's possible but rare. Very rare. Perhaps the barbs have a LOT of cities in your game? I dunno... it'd take some real digging to see if anything's wrong there.

Hmm... Well I started a game on PerfectWorld script, with seven AI and Barbarian World enabled... Started on Chieftain and turned on Flexible Difficulty (It's been since upped to Noble when I got that message)

I was surprised by this message since I wasn't aware the Barbarians would actively research techs on their own! Or if an AI beat me to Sedentary Lifestyle somehow but the Barbarians got credited for it instead. I wonder what tech they picked for their being first to discover it? :lol:

I can post the savefile if it'd be of any use. I didn't touch anything in the World Builder except for spawning a couple of units for myself because I was frustrated at this barbarian city nearby. (A few Javelineers and two locusts just because having animals to play with is fun!)
I saved the turn after I got that message though. Could revert to an auto-save and see if I get it again.

*Edit* Might have to revoke what I said about the combat 'bug' from earlier. Just had a streak of three straight loss where my Anti-Atl unit kept being put on the side while other units got sent in to their deaths instead. Combat says 80 ~ 90 % when sending a stack in, and the combat log will say 10 ~ 20 % instead and the best unit just sits back and watches.
Will have to be more careful when fighting until its fixed then ^^;

Top Bottom