1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 24th of February 2014

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Feb 22, 2014.

1. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

More PINK stuff??

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

While trying to fix some bugs my wife is telling me about one someone posted something about earlier and according to HER map my suspicions are supported.

This is one I cannot address and is really game breaking.

Apparently the +1 Food that tiles pick up when adjacent to an erupting volcano are now cumulative and are no longer limited to just the +1 no matter how many times the volcano erupts. She's showing plots next to a volcano with 50+ food. So either it's the modifier from the one eruption that's WAY off or it's multiple eruptions adding up greatly.

Either way, this needs to be addressed (fixed) asap please.

3. Maxima7

Maxima7 Warlord

He might have meant a pure fusion bomb. The first hydrogen bomb was tested in 1952, btw. The Nagasaki and Hiroshima bombs were fission only.

You don't want to go bigger with a composite bomb because of the fallout.

4. C2CPlayer

C2CPlayer Chieftain

So after redownloading my game off svn, for some reason accesing my cities and pressing building buttons seems to take on average 30-40 seconds for each city/building, anyone know why?

5. strategyonly

Also 2 more PINK units??

6. Sparth

Sparth C2C Team Member

Tnx for feedback SO. Ill track these missing icons today and remove bugs.

7. strategyonly

My 1st CTD since 26 Mar and i play like 6 times a day

8. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Seems like some systems might be having more trouble with some improved prerequisite evaluations than others. I may be able to streamline some of it still. I can also pull back on some of the improved evaluatory accuracy.

I noticed this delay only when playing on the debug dll so figured it shouldn't make much of an impact on a non-debug dll run and for me it didn't but my computer's pretty good for C2C and I don't always experience some of the frustrations I did with previous systems so I can be a little blind to them until feedback rolls in. I'll try to see if I can improve on that portion and it might help with SO's turn time issues.

Again, not sure what could be taking up time with the units. What do you mean by starting a unit from the minimap and jumping around exactly?

I'll be glad to look into this. Soon as I can.

9. strategyonly

See red above and thx.,

10. Sparth

Sparth C2C Team Member

Ok I looked for these two units and couldn't find this bug. I presume you playing Zapotec civ yes? When I start playing this civ Arsonist and Agent have correct icons.

11. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Of course there is, that is part of the changes made by Koshling to the graphics display to reduce MAFs etc. However if you do it a second time it is not so much delay.

CTD or delay which would you prefer :D

12. strategyonly

:hmm: crash, wait No delay:rolleyes:, is there any others choices, i like choices :p;)

13. strategyonly

Correct, but i am getting this on the NEW unit build not the screen pedia area, see attached/

14. Rwn

Rwn King

Trade routes are not the reason: I got the problem before any trade route appeared.

I've seen something odd, though. With only one city producing 12.60 :science: (in the city screen) and no trade route or other source of :science:, my total :science: sometimes reaches 14 on the main screen. So I assume there's something wrong in how civ-wide :science: is calculated by adding :science: from each city.

15. BlueGenie

BlueGenie Emperor

The :science: is due to global modifiers, not at all a bug.

Cheers

16. Sparth

Sparth C2C Team Member

Please attache yours Zapotec_CIV4ArtDefines_Unit.xml ok?

17. strategyonly

Its the same as the SVN.

18. rwglaub

rwglaub Prince

Here the save game where I was playing the Amazons. Two turns later I get the CTD. Save game and MiniDump file attached. Latest download version.

It seems that because I uploaded save game file to another forum, the system won't let me reupload it to here.

Attached Files:

19. Rwn

Rwn King

Global modifiers are not applied individually in each city?
    In any case, this would mean that they might be the cause of the bug as every few turns, the total :science: is is equal to the :science: produced in the city.

20. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

What's an SSD?

Well that sounds like the normal delay you get when you switch your view on the minimap - the processing to graphically update every new element you see there takes time but it's how Koshling managed to keep our processing down. I can't think of any other particular reason that a unit would itself take more time except that it's probably waiting for the rest of that processing to catch up before it can be moved. (In translation: I don't think I can do anything about this.)