Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 24th of February 2014

Double movement on terrain funtions of promotions don't seem to work except Desert and Tundra line.

Double movement on terrain funtions of promotions don't seem to work except Desert and Tundra line.
What version? I recently 'fixed' these so are you on the current SVN and there's still an issue here or is it just stock v34?

I think he refers to the fact that the guerilla and woodman promotions do not provide any movement benefit to the terrain.
This has been separated a long time ago.

Still you get movement bonuses on terrains with the desert, arctic and wetland line.

What version? I recently 'fixed' these so are you on the current SVN and there's still an issue here or is it just stock v34?

Latest SVN.

I think he refers to the fact that the guerilla and woodman promotions do not provide any movement benefit to the terrain.
This has been separated a long time ago.

Still you get movement bonuses on terrains with the desert, arctic and wetland line.

I should've clarified more. Wetland Combat, Rugged Combat, Fieldsman lines are the promotions which have the problem.
I guess they work properly for you since you say wetland line as an example. It seems the problem only occurs in my copy? :crazyeye:

Latest SVN.

I should've clarified more. Wetland Combat, Rugged Combat, Fieldsman lines are the promotions which have the problem.
I guess they work properly for you since you say wetland line as an example. It seems the problem only occurs in my copy? :crazyeye:

Those would be terrain movement modifiers, a different set of tags - there could be something newly reported to look into there. I'll try to remember to take a look when I can.

is there a solution for the graphics mismatch bug?

Do you mean where the wrong icon is being displayed in the city bar and in messages? then no. I had this before a long time ago for some reason the index to the icons is wrong. It is happening in the XML "store" somehow. Last time it was because the order the units was being loaded was not consistent in some cases.

Give me a break... it's not like we don't fix everything we KNOW is a major problem before release. (we do let some known bugs slip when they aren't too critical and are beyond our ability to fix in any kind of timely manner or at all)

Saying this is like saying we should omnipotently know of not only every bug that's been exposed but all bugs that will be exposed. It's often the players who download the version that end up letting us know where the problems lie. And we're not looking to perfect previous versions but the overall game as it's coming together so trying to repair just one version of the game as it's frozen is really counterproductive. The mod itself is a constantly ongoing evolution and many 'new features' are actually the means by which old bugs are being fixed - you know how it goes... well, while I'm working on fixing THIS I might as well take it the rest of the way and implement this long intended plan here... that sort of thing. Sorry to those who want the game to simply freeze in development and just get whatever problems are in that particular release fixed but I hope it can be understood that we're not going to concern ourselves with that kind of retroactive polishing at every release level.
I understand and even appreciate that. However, you still have to admit that it is a bit disingenuous to say a bug got fixed after (or even by) something new got added that a player may not wish to have in their version. It was really just an observation and not a complaint, and I was just trying to make you (plural you) aware of it.

Missing kfm.

Code:
RESMGR: Failed loading file Art/Units/Unique/Greek/Cavalry/Companion_Cavalry.kfm. Error message: A file I/O error occurred.

Two minor annoyances, persisting for a long time, including the current SVN:

1. Set worker automation options get saved incorrectly or do not get saved at all.

2. After updating the SVN, the game presents the choice of recalculating the modifiers. If I play the game for a while, save, exit and reenter the game, the game will once again present the choice of recalculating the modifiers, like this hadn't already been done. After the 2nd recalculation, the game registers it and there are no further prompts.

Two minor annoyances, persisting for a long time, including the current SVN:

1. Set worker automation options get saved incorrectly or do not get saved at all.

2. After updating the SVN, the game presents the choice of recalculating the modifiers. If I play the game for a while, save, exit and reenter the game, the game will once again present the choice of recalculating the modifiers, like this hadn't already been done. After the 2nd recalculation, the game registers it and there are no further prompts.

Just like saving the User Settings from BUG, you have to save twice on the same turn. To where it asks you if you want to overwrite the save file. Then the saves "stick".

JosEPh

That's not been my experience though.
What I have noticed, or think I have noticed, is that after you'd changed any settings in BUG there is a rather large chance that it reverts back again IF the game crashes on you during that session, i.e. if you don't exit it the way it's supposed to be by using the "Exit to Desktop" or "Exit to Main Menu" options.

Cheers

Is anyone else having a problem with workers not being able to build a mine or quarry on a peak? The attached picture shows only have a watchtower and a tree nursery as the only options. This is not the only peak that I am having trouble with, there is one in another city also.

Please don't tell me the solution to the problem is to upgrade my workers to animal workers, because if that is the case I am done with C2C.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0011.JPG
    247.3 KB · Views: 64
There are some improvements that earlier workers can't build that later ones can this is to be expected. However there are no differences between workers and the various animal workers as far as I remember. Except that the normal worker can do some hang over stuff the gatherer could do.

<check unit XML>Yep a normal worker can do 8 improvements more than an animal worker. The mountain mine is there for both so you should be able to build a mountain mine.

I can't see anything in the terrain XML either. Just leaves the build XML - no nothing I can see wrong there either.

I'll check it all again.

Top Bottom