Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 29th of March

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an issue where it there is a list of things missing or something but the game works but the list stays on the screen. This is where usually updates were given in rise of mankind were if somebody wanted to trade or something. Any ideas on how to remove this because the missing errors or whatnot just sit there and I cant really see what's on my screen.

I have an issue where it there is a list of things missing or something but the game works but the list stays on the screen. This is where usually updates were given in rise of mankind were if somebody wanted to trade or something. Any ideas on how to remove this because the missing errors or whatnot just sit there and I cant really see what's on my screen.

A screen shot so I can figure out what it is that you are talking about would be good;)

• Combat odds are sometimes calculating promotion bonuses against the unit that has them, reloading fixes this, not sure if it's just the display or if the actual combat odds are broken as well. Screenshot here.
  • Units with one movement point sometimes lost no movement when attacking, allowing them to move after combat. This is without any bonus movement terrain or roads one either the attacker's or defender's tile. EDIT: Seems to affect units with any amount of movement, not just one. Only seems to happen when attacking a stack of enemy units.
Those are interesting. I'll take a look at those soon then. Not sure what changes would've brought that on... @Koshling: Did you simply revert the changes I'd made to the combat modifiers segment or did you try something new in general? I haven't had an opportunity to review that section...

Those are interesting. I'll take a look at those soon then. Not sure what changes would've brought that on... @Koshling: Did you simply revert the changes I'd made to the combat modifiers segment or did you try something new in general? I haven't had an opportunity to review that section...

Reverted because as I mentioned, I xoldnt see a case where the original code was wrong, and none showed up as problematic in my testing.

Btw - the routine were talking about is not involved in creating the breakdown in the image posted with this bug, so it cannot be connected.

It is actually very closely linked. All those combat modifiers are denoted into the structure variables there and are then referred to for the displays in the text manager. This is why I'd once wanted to add more categories into that structure but any attempt to do so leads to a crash since the structure needs to stay exactly as it is for the sake of the exe (as you explained to me).

If you reverted the changes to exactly what it was before I started messing with anything then that does have nothing to do with it and that's what I needed to isolate. I don't think this is purely a display issue as the calculation looked correct and the final odds value will reflect the independant calculation done in the code rather than a calculation taking place in the text manager. So if the display is all that's wrong then the display won't match the given odds at all.

I admit there's some noted errors in where and how some modifiers are displaying there that I've been trying to figure out but my real concern here is that according to that screen shot he's right. The attacker's CC modifier is actually working against himself. I wonder if this is always taking place or if its conditional in some way.

If its always taking place then there's something wrong in the section I'd tweaked and possibly something was reversed there. But since you say you just reverted that change... Is it possible this has been calculating this way for a very long time here and this is only the first time we're noticing it???

The other option is that its taking place conditionally and that would be just... odd. But at least it could probably be discovered if a proper save was delivered showing this kind of evaluation. I might be able to get some playtesting here to reveal the issue if its more easily replicable.

It is actually very closely linked. All those modifiers built into the struct there are called upon for the display stuff.

If you reverted the changes to exactly what it was before I started messing with anything then that does have nothing to do with it and that's what I needed to isolate. I don't think this is purely a display issue as the calculation looked correct and the final odds value will reflect the independant calculation done in the code rather than a calculation taking place in the text manager. So if the display is all that's wrong then the display won't match the given odds at all.

I admit there's some noted errors in where and how some modifiers are displaying there that I've been trying to figure out but my real concern here is that according to that screen shot he's right. The attacker's CC modifier is actually working against himself. I wonder if this is always taking place or if its conditional in some way.

If its always taking place then there's something wrong in the section I'd tweaked and possibly something was reversed there. But since you say you just reverted that change... Is it possible this has been calculating this way for a very long time here and this is only the first time we're noticing it???

The other option is that its taking place conditionally and that would be just... odd. But at least it could probably be discovered if a proper save was delivered showing this kind of evaluation. I might be able to get some playtesting here to reveal the issue if its more easily replicable.

I don't really know. I'd say most likely it's a long standing bug. I'd someone posts a save that exhibits it well be able ro find out. Screen shots are not that much use really without the corresponding save though.

Referring to my problem before here his a photo of the text I was referring to that does not leave. Screenshot didn't work so I took this photo its right in the middle of the screen.

Attachments

• civ.jpg
    civ.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 83
Referring to my problem before here his a photo of the text I was referring to that does not leave. Screenshot didn't work so I took this photo its right in the middle of the screen.

You do know, that all you needed to do was click on the keyboard button "Print Screen" right?? It will then send a screenie to your Beyond the Sword screenshots area in My Games/BTS.

No I did not. Here are some screen shots.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 44
I don't really know. I'd say most likely it's a long standing bug. I'd someone posts a save that exhibits it well be able ro find out. Screen shots are not that much use really without the corresponding save though.
Well, as I said, saving and reloading fixes the issue, so providing a save isn't quite that simple.

hmm... I don't know if it can possibly be a consistent issue given that just the other night my wife showed me the modifier coming into play on her game correctly. And I sure didn't notice it being wrong in my test game. So something is either extremely recent or very oddly applying a conditional bug. Yeah... without a save it'll be tough to find, that being the case!

That only happens if you go into the pedia before starting a game. We are not sure why it is happening and we thought we had somehow fixed it as it stopped happening.

Yup, it works, when I load game.

1.Is this a somehow displaced city array? :hmm:

View attachment 346778

2.Ambushers, Rogues, Assassins etc. are going in the pause resp. skip turn mode (as yellow), after they caught a civilian unit like a gatherer, so its easy to forget to secure them in the nearest city.

Pack Mule is missing strategy and pedia text. All it shows is their tags where text should be.

They aren't even the correct structure in the unit definition they don't have the _PEDIA or _STRATEGY suffixes. Nor do the text for them with the suffix exist. This unit is in core so anyone can fix it.

@Hydromancerx did you notice the text error mentioned in the multi player bug thread in one of your folders?

With rev. 5160 - Subdued Onager is missing a Civopedia entry.

that is because once it is subdued it is a donkey. Llamas have a similar problem with the wild one having a different name to the subdued one.

I just did a recalc and all my units got enough exp to get a promotion. I have the trait that requires extra exp to get promotions and it seems not to be working after a recalc.

They aren't even the correct structure in the unit definition they don't have the _PEDIA or _STRATEGY suffixes. Nor do the text for them with the suffix exist. This unit is in core so anyone can fix it.

Well can someone fix it then?

@Hydromancerx did you notice the text error mentioned in the multi player bug thread in one of your folders?

Nope. Seen. Shall fix!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom