1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 29th of March

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alpha29

alpha29 Chieftain

Yay, that workaround helped! Thank you.

I've played about 10 turns with that important information in every popup :crazyeye:

2. BlackDragon2026

BlackDragon2026 Chieftain

I noticed that when I got the sedentary lifestyle tech first, it asks me to choose a free tech.

However, when I try clicking on any tech, a red message appears that said you have already chosen your free tech(s), even though I haven't and the tech I just clicked to grab for free is on my research roster.

3. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Need more info as most ppl do not have this problem.
    Ex:
    Are u using the Official V29 release?
    Or the SVN? If so was this from a recent update?
    What Options do you have set up?
    etc.

Also save game and screenshot would be very helpful for that Modders.

JosEPh

4. Ashnazg

Ashnazg Chieftain

Version 29
    CTD (reproducible, happens after clicking "end turn" in the attached savegame):

Tried back-tracking by 2-3 autosaves, still seems to crash in this exact moment.

Minidump also attached

EDIT: Nevermind, the latest patch has resolved the issue. Leaving the savegame in case you want to take a look anyway

Attached Files:

5. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

6. Johnny Canuck

Johnny Canuck Warlord

Rev. 5355:

I've been generating Fractal maps (Large or Huge), and I've noticed that there are never any Diamonds, Jade, Rubies, or Sapphires placed anywhere on the maps. I've looked at them via Worldbuilder, and those resources are nowhere to be found. This is over at least a dozen such maps, so it seems to be a pattern.

7. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Interesting. The negative should not be counting there...

@Koshling: As I recall you attempted to remove a redundancy in the city defense modifiers. Could that have something to do with this perhaps?

8. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

To repair during freeze:

5:
    Code:
    Assert Failed

File:  CvGlobals.cpp
    Line:  4998
    Expression:  stricmp(szType, "NONE")==0 || strcmp(szType, "")==0
    Message:  info type CIVIC_MUTUALLY_ASSURED_DESTRUCTION not found, Current XML file is: modules\ori\Events\tarpit_CIV4EventTriggerInfos.xml

----------------------------------------------------------

9. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

OK i took care of all BUT the last one, i cant find it anyplace in modules or core??

Can you either delete what i took care of or put in spoiler thx.

10. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Ok.

I profiled your save, SO, and the crash is apparently not repeatable. However, I do suspect it may have something to do with the missing art reference so by fixing that you may have fixed the crash problem.

There's also a LOT of interesting asserts in running through a turn on that game that could be comprising quite a list of bugs to resolve. There's a lot of those asserts that are only coming up because of the uses of assets that we have that violate what rules they were expected to maintain - but some of them are really bugs.

@Koshling: I'm a bit curious about the happiness/unhappiness asserts in there. They seem to very much indicate we have some bad programming in the good happiness etc... portions. Those functions should only ever come up with a positive since the negatives should be counting as UNhappiness. I could evaluate that a bit deeper but I wanted to see if you come up with the same conclusion that this does mean there is a real problem there. A number of AI asserts there that I imagine you will understand the implications on as well. Worth taking a look.

11. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

There are a ton of 'dubious' asserts in the code inherited from ancestor mods and BTS itself. Some of them likely are 'real' and indicative of bugs we do no know about, but many are crying wolf over non-issues. SOMETIME I want to spend a consolidated amount of time having an assertion-fix-and-cleanup drive to determine the cause of each one that is commonly seen, and either modify/remove them or fix the causative issue as appropriate.

However, for now you just have to live with hem unless you are sufficiently motivated to investigate causes. There are about half a dozen I routines 'ignore always' when they occur because I know they happen a lot, but haven't had time to investigate the cause for. The happiness/healthiness ones going off on city capture is one such case.

FYI All - I'm currently somewhat bogged down in some speculative performance work (more experimental investigations than an actual enhancement as yet), and have been since Sunday. I don't expect to get out of this mode until at least next weekend, so until then I am not in a position to look into/fix reported bugs.

12. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

It might simply fail to place them because of the specific requirements that are specified for these resources in the XML: Only on grass with jungle and restricted to one area.

13. misterhamtastic

misterhamtastic Chieftain

Ok. I think I have nailed down my personal issue with the "failed to... video... line:341" thing.

My rig is an i53570k with 16gigs of Ram. Vid card is GeForce 660 Ti.
    Running windows 8.

I'm trying to upload the save-it's .7z.(can't upload after all-can I send it by email to somebody?)

The game gives me the failed video error every few turns, almost always involving a cpu player trying to init diplomacy. Russia is the most frequent crash, but it has happened on others. This is not to say that I can't do diplomacy, this only happens when the init after I "end turn".

I'm going to try telling the "problem" people not to contact me. I'll let you know how it works out.

14. misterhamtastic

misterhamtastic Chieftain

So far-have told Rome, Russia, Italy not to contact me. Egypt and Navajo have contacted me, but not asked for anything special, and the turn went through. Even Italy asked for my help after being told not contact. My suspicion-this is an error with advanced diplomacy somewhere.

15. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Helps to know. My wife was wondering why her gamebreaking bug was being overlooked. I had a feeling you might be a bit distracted with something on that front. It's one I wish I could fix but it's over my head. :(

16. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Remind me which one that was...

17. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

Nothing you can do about that except use viewports. If you ARE using viewports then that probably indicates an asset issue with some graphical asset. Can you confirm firstly that you are using viewports? If so then chances are some unusual building or units is instantiated in your game that most people do not see - that would imply a rare culture-specific unit or else that you are quite late in the game, out where few people have explored sop to speak! What era are you in?

18. Johnny Canuck

Johnny Canuck Warlord

Is it something as simple as using different map settings? Also, where are the files that define placement of resources located?

19. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

Some map scripts have a separate implementation of the bonus (resource) placement algorithm (though they follow the same rules).
    The placement rules are defined in "Assets\XML\Terrain\CIV4BonusInfos.xml".

20. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Spoiler :

I'm sure she'd appreciate your help if you can find a moment for this one. Bear in mind that the game is being run as a single player under direct IP rather than the standard single player game and that may well be why she's encountered a bug other games have not. But the speed enhancement in turn times she's getting going about it this way has proven to be extremely valuable. Being able to suggest to others to play in this manner if they are getting frustrated with turn times can be very supportive for c2c. Furthermore, I'd assume that a bug like this one, if dependent on this play method, would emerge in any multi-player game even if we did have OOS errors sorted out effectively. Anyhow, she was really enjoying this game and she can't get past the crash and I haven't been able to find a way to fix it either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.