1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes - After the 29th of March

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Mar 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whisperr

Whisperr Warlord

I was not able to get to the start of the next turn, it crashed before any diplomacy/tech screens come up.

I enabled viewports and I was able to get through the diplomacy screen and tech screen, and when I select from the city build screen it now crashes.

2. Nakkimunakas

Nakkimunakas Chieftain

V29

My elephant riders vanished and can't be used anymore when I walked them to the square in the picture one by one. My units have been walking trough that spesific tile the whole game without problems.
    Civ4ScreenShot0094.jpg
    Save: View attachment bug2.rar

Edit: Apparently they reappeared when I walked more units to the tile one turn later.

Edit: Disappearing and reappearing keeps happening in the nearby march tiles. The units reappear when I walk another unit to the tile where the disappering happened.

3. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

minidump please

4. Nevets_

Nevets_ Warlord

Getting a crash as soon as I end this turn (SVN 5375). New York has Temple of Ah Cacao queued up to start building next turn and removing it from the queue avoids the crash.

Attached Files:

5. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Does anyone know where this PINK btn is from??

6. Nevets_

Nevets_ Warlord

In the crash I was getting the button for the Temple of Ah Cacao was pink.

7. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Looking at your screenie, it appears it might be the Balloon Rides button?

8. strategyonly

Should be fixed now.

It cant be because the btn is on the right . .

9. rwglaub

rwglaub Prince

That may be because there is bad weather in the area. I discovered that rain or storms in a square causes the units to be hidden.

10. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

What, on the city bar? hmm... perhaps it has an issue with an alpha channel? The one on the bar doesn't look to require the alpha channel but the pink one might. I haven't looked much at the city help panel there... on any other city doesn't it normally show the button of the building you are constructing in that slot where the pink is coming up?

11. strategyonly

that is definitely true.

12. Nakkimunakas

Nakkimunakas Chieftain

Ok. I just didn't see any graphics or notification anywhere so it seemed weird.

13. strategyonly

I am in the Indus Era, and now when i click on the NEW "Go to City" CTD

Try using any Agent that is ready for use.

Minidump and savedgame in ZIP, SVN 5377 No VP

14. stachnie

stachnie Theorist

v. 29 and at least some earlier versions: checking the option to freeze unit and tile animations on (at least with Medium and Low graphic settings) makes many units to display improperly - e.g. Rhinoceros looks like some armoured horse unit, Orangutan like Berseker etc. The display may change to a proper one e.g. when the unit is attacked or selected.

v. 29: some enemy units have 0.0 HP and cannot be attacked, so I cannot move my own units to this field (irritating especially if it is the last defender in attacked town). Maybe it is associated with the vanishing Hunters bug?

S.

15. MD.Greg

MD.Greg Chieftain

16. Vaya

Vaya Chieftain

@Koshling
    I am playing somewhat older SVN (about 2 weeks old, not sure which version) but I think all recent AI fixes were already included there. It has been some time since AI conquered a city in my current game and If you could please check out the attached save I would be grateful..:

Khmers have enormous army in Quezon city(their western border). They are at war with Italians, who have little defensive capabilities yet they don't attack. I was at war with Khmers too, a few dozen turns ago and they already had that army there(or at least half of it) which overpowered me and they did not attack me either. They have been conquering cities on regular bases before one of the latest AI fixes though. Could you have a look at it? Thx.

Attached Files:

17. Koshling

Koshling Vorlon

It may be the best part of a week before I have chance, but I have downloaded the save and added it to the list.

18. Vaya

Vaya Chieftain

ok, thanks

19. Whisperr

Whisperr Warlord

@ Koshling

I did an update today and my game seems to be working ok now. I had started a new game and the Temple of Ah Cacao was causing a CTD, but this has been fixed now and that game is working ok as well.

I am happy to be able to keep playing without viewports on, my game runs slow and jerky with them on, it's like I'm playing on my 10year old laptop.

20. jketch

jketch Chieftain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.