1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v35 plus (SVN) - After the 18th of August 2014

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Aug 17, 2014.

1. BigSmac

BigSmac Chieftain

First I wanted to say thank all of you guys for all the effort you put in making this game into what it is. Been playing your mod for a long time now and it's brilliant!

As I read that you are almost ready to launch the next version, I updated my SVN version on sunday and started this game with Celtia. After founding a city I got a ton of gold from not being able to carry [hammers] overflow. It made no sense to get those hammers overflow. Other part of what happened is that I made A build que and all was built in 1 turn at the same time I got the ton of gold.maybe it has something to do with me using a custom game with conflicting settings, although it may be a bug. I haven't seen it on previous versions of the SVN though.

I put an attachment with a gif file of what's happening.

Keep up the good work!

Attached Files:

2. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

It looks like there may be a limit on the number of buildings or units that the overflow of production allows. I have seen such happen unexpectedly when the queue changes from one type to another eg unit to building, building to wonder etc. This is especially true if I insert something I need urgently at the head of the queue and it takes less that one turn to complete.

3. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

So you installed something wrong? Get my worldscenario UEM - Ultimate Earth Map 2.3 if you want (link in my signature), test this if that dont works something is wrong with your installation, my scenario is working with a correct C2C installation.

4. BigSmac

BigSmac Chieftain

I'll delete my mod and redownload it from the SVN. See if the bug is in my installation.

5. BigSmac

BigSmac Chieftain

Strange thing was that I built this city, then the first thing I did was made a que of hammer producing buildings. Next turn all buildings were created and I got like a ton of gold from the overflow.... It was only buildings I made and there was no building I put in front of the que at some point. And as the city was 1 turn old in prehistoric/ancient time, there were no 1 turn buildings yet... but as I will try a new clean install of the SVN version and see if that fixes it.

6. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

Maybe it can be a game speed problem, never had that on eternity game speed. As there buildings need enouth time to build... also never happend when i build 1 turn buildings and have a overflow in my back.

7. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Carpenter's Workshop probably replaces another building and by doing so increases the overall production to a much lesser degree than it would if it were built in a city that didn't have the building it replaces. The total projected calculations take the loss of the previous buildings into account.

Sure this isn't OR rather than AND? I would think it should be OR but Hydro did set up a number of buildings to only be possible under stringent circumstances to create a set of rare benefits.

This is a patch. There have been discussion on how we may be able to go about getting wonders to give tourism after they've been obsoleted. In the meantime, it's very bad for cities of the AI to be getting so much crime from early tourism.

It already is fixed.

Don't put toooo much faith in Actuals. It's an estimating tool that isn't as accurate as it actually is in effect.

They do have an inability to capture based on a tag use on this unit but it doesn't stop the mechanism where they turn units into captives on combat victories. Eventually some work should be done to clarify the text for that tag.

This bug is known to me. My wife experienced it too. However, there is little to no theory that explained why she (and you now) got a HUGE amount of initial production when the city was placed. We wondered if it might have something to do with an adjacent volcano. But other than that, there's no other current theory. It appears to be a rare bug and unless it's repeatable and we can get a save from before the city is planted, we'll have a tough time zeroing in on the cause.

8. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I had to remove the Demand mod because actuals are not actuals. They are an estimate of what you will get only. It does not necessarily take into account all the things replaced by the building getting built especially the autobuild buildings.

9. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

The carpenter workshop does not replace any buildings.

10. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

Carpenter Workshop has just the actual display bug as other buildings have.

Yes i told you the bug and you fixed it, i suggest that you dont lower the new gold income to mutch or any, because the AI can generate enouth gold now and this will make the AI to survive better and play better.

Then maybe better reduce the crime effect of the tourism instead disrupting the good working tourism system.

11. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

@TB: After a quick test of fix attempt 3; everything seems to be in perfect order. Bravo.

12. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

Bug: Tomol unit, fix the ocean and water plots it cant enter.

13. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Won't be a priority as sea, trench, and such is not yet in the game, except custom maps.
    We will get to the cultural units in due time; I believe the tomol is not supposed to ever enter sea tiles.

14. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

All other sea units have changed for these new terrains, "Cant enter deep sea, Continental shelf" and so on, tomol hasnt. Ok, if its not needed now.

15. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

I guess I could fix it before v36, shouldn't take long.

16. fluxywild

fluxywild Chieftain

Any reason i can't occupy cities anymore?

I'm in the transhuman race and for some reason i cant seem to take over cities of civs i'm at war with. what could cause this?

17. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Crime on the 1st 5 Tourism levels was cut in half. Crime in Preh is Easy to handle with all the changes in now. But as you progress thru the Eras It should become more of a challenge. Crime Diffusion has reduced 25% Before you started becoming a pest over it from your scenario. How about since Crime diffusion was lowered by 25% I raise it back to the level Hydromancerx originally had it?

Your main problem is your Game Speed you chose for your Scenario. And some of the conditions you placed In your Scenario.

Non scenario games are not exhibiting what you carry on about. Below is a screenshot from my Capital city on a Game I started last night, Emperor level Normal Game speed large Map 9 AI. You will see that both Crime and Disease coming out of the Preh into Ancient Era are both in the "negative" range. The scrn shot is from the turn that I finished Researching Sed. Life and enter Anc. Era. My Capital is size 5.

Your clamor over Crime is making you "all wet" as your claims do not fit a normal game.

JosEPh

18. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

If you don't provide a savegame and some details about your game how can we help you?

JosEPh

19. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

I would argue that crime is even easier to handle on eternity than normal game speed.

20. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

TB

after latest SVN "autosaved games" do NOT work now?? saved games work, but not when you go into the auto area???