1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v35 plus (SVN) - After the 18th of August 2014

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Autosaves work fine for me on SVN 8784.

Edit: Might have spoken too early; on round 312 in the game I started on rev 8783 I suddenly started getting failed to compress save data error message at the beginning of each turn (autosaves being made).
    These autosaves were of course totally corrupt.

When loading an autosave that worked (round 311) the issue was non repeatable though.

Edit2: What I wrote in the first edit might not be related to the recent changes as I've experienced that happening many revisions ago too, might just be a quirk due to (alt+tab)-ing too much.

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

That's very good news :D
    Someone else, DH I believe, had also brought up a historical modelling issue with Tourism coming in so early. Tourism wouldn't have existed before a certain age anyhow. It would've only been after writing at least but it seems even more reasonable that it would've begun around the classical era and Classical Lifestyle seemed a graceful place to put it. It also helped game balance as well as the historical model to make this shift.

There was a bug a while back that created this but if you're saying this is happening on the latest SVN, a save will be necessary.

Old autosaves won't. As noted in the SVN thread, an update that fixed the ability to load autosaves from hotseat games broke autosave compatibilities for all previous autosaves. Someone had changed the location of the autosave action from the original Firaxis placement without realizing the impact it would have on hotseat and since it was apparently safe on other games must have went on thinking the shift in position was OK. It's unfortunate but moving it back makes all autosaves from before that version incompatible. New autosaves on the current SVN and from here on out should work just fine.

3. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

this wasnt an old auto save, i just got it this morning?? from a NEW game i started after the svn change.

4. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Strange... was it an initial gamestart autosave or one of the normal ones that take place every now and then during play?

5. strategyonly

i have it set to every turn and what happened was i had revolutions ON before, but then i went into the options area and changed it to NO rev, about 5 turns before this, and then a Rev still happened, and it took my Capital, and i started with a NEW player someplace on the map, and i didnt like that, so i tried to use AUTO save and it STALLS, and i have to alt/ctrl/del just so i can re-start my PC, otherwise i cant get rid of Civ IV at all??

6. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I would be willing to bet that changing the game option mid-play destabilized things and had something to do with the game not saving quite right. Rev is another one that isn't safe to change mid-game.

I could be wrong. Keep an eye out for other problems with autosaves.

7. strategyonly

OK thx, i kind of figured that, but i asked just to make sure, btw, do the Trackers/Hunters/<aster Hunters etc etc, get exp pts, because i know i killed over 400 animals with the Master Hunter and no promotions ever came up?? Also i had 1 MH with a General attached and he didnt go up on promotions either??

8. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Yeah they should be getting xp but you won't get xp from barbarians including animals without the Barbarian Generals option being on.

Joe has informed me that it appears our camel rider UI bug that was solved a while back has returned. This should delay things until Sparth or whoever it is that can resolve it takes another look at how to get it working right again. From what I recall it had something to do with the animation settings on the unit.

So please, whoever can help with this issue please do so ASAP so we can get this thing released without this bug - this was one of the most frustrating bugs we've seen this version cycle.

9. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Here it is in all it's Glory! Not! :sad:

This game was started yesterday with SVN 8781 and updated today with 8784.

Last screenie is one of the 1st to show. Then the other 3 are in order.

The save did CTD once hence the Minidump.

JosEPh

10. BigSmac

BigSmac Chieftain

I loaded the autosave from the turn before the city was created, although now with a clean install from the SVN version instead of the updated version I had when I started this game. The bug didn't occur this time. I guess updating the game messed up some settings somewhere and the clean install fixed it. If I encouter it again after version 36 is released I'll post a savegame here.

11. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

Yep it has to work with my world scenario, so maybe changes needed, but provide the save please, i want to check how your AI is doing now with your latest changes.

12. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I too have seen this happen but not on the camel units in C2C; in pie_at's Ancient Med mod and in another mod probably Total War. In all cases I thought I had pressed the wrong key or combination of keys.

Not enough of it is there to be certain but it looks like it may be part of the "build in all cities" queue which defaults to what is in the nearest city but allows you to add units or buildings in before or after the current queue in each and every city in your nation.

I did not realise we had mad your map part of the official Caveman2Cosmos. I was under the impression it was still an add on. Which would mean that your scenario must work with C2C not the other way around:mischief:

13. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

We fixed this a number of pages back and when we did it was determined that it had to do with a bad animation setting on the unit. With the recent FPK packing I'm wondering if something went wrong here again.

14. strategyonly

So has everything needed to be done, done?? Or are we still testing the latest SVN??

15. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

This was what happened last time we had this issue and from my recollection of game testing, it had in fact cleared up the problem.

So... Sparth... where are you!?! We need this repaired again apparently.

16. Sparth

Sparth C2C Team Member

When I packed files to FPK, I saw that someone put again old Camel Rider model (with scimitar). I remove him becuase Camel Rider is way before there is no Iron Weapons available in his times. Spear is much better but he uses wrong animation. Maybe Toffer can re-animate :) Camel Rider to this new weapon?

17. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

It works, but the AI dont works, so if needed i modmod the scenario so it works, i keep gaming in eternity speed for sure. Adding soon a map only version maybe, also the gamer can custom the scenario to another game speed, but this largest earth map is best on eternity speed and C2C mod is designed for eternity game speed as told in the loading screen. I dont still think the AI will work in Josephs save game with current crime setting, also not on other game speeds, if he want to provide the save of his game i can check it. You can use my map and scenario in C2C release but you dont need to, both ok for me. ;) But will be ok for you to use the scenario without modmods in C2C release, will work with C2C normaly, but the AI will suck then, if you balance crime later better it will fix itself. Otherwise better tell players to dont use eternity game speed in C2C, then i provide a eternity game speed modmod for the scenario as optional add on.

18. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

Eternity, like Normal, is an extreme gamespeed for C2C. The 'recommended' gamespeeds are Snail and Marathon.

Balance issues introduced due to extreme gamespeeds and other extreme options or option combos (as well as modmods and scenarios), tend to be a long way down the modders' list of priorities, especially when other debugging issues exist elsewhere (which is pretty much all the time;)).

19. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

This could take 2-3 days to do, as I don't have too much free time this week.

If there is a quick fix for the UI issue, maybe we should consider it instead.

20. Pit2015

Pit2015 Emperor

I add a map only version in some minutes. ;) This you can use with every gamespeed and custom options you want. But scenario works fine on eternity game speed and it still reconmed for the scenario, only problem is AI will suck a bit and go bankrupt with the current crime setting but as said i think this still will happen on other gamespeeds also, if joseph can upload a save then i can show you if the AI works or not in other gamespeeds.