Single Player bugs and crashes v35 plus (SVN) - After the 18th of August 2014

Do you have the PythonErr.log from that game? No matter if not as it wont take long to generate it.

I happen to have used the Balanced Resources Option for that Map. I usually use Standard. Might have a connection to the global define for 'balancer' being missing?

JosEPh

Building Alfred the Great unit screwed up the UI in a major way. After ending the turn, if there are cities that require new building orders, the new building options popup appears and the city screen is open in the background. It shouldn't be open before you choose the 'zoom into city' option is selected. Also, I couldn't promote Afred after he was built, I couldn't see his promotion options when he was selected. I managed to promote him next turn, somehow (I can't remember how.).

I'll provide you with the save if you want to check it out. The file size is too large to attach it to the post... :sad:

Edit: Updating to the latest SVN fixed the UI strangeness concerning the cities. Selecting Afred the Great still has some problems. Other units on the same tile aren't visible on the "unit row", above the function buttons. If I select the other units where Alfred is, Alfred is visible in the unit row.

7z/zip/rar usually is allowed up to 10MB, maybe you need more posts though.

Darn, I knew that, but got caught up with the "2 MB" max filesize issue. 10 MB allowed for compressed files, gotcha.

Here's the file as an attachment.

Attachments

• Antonius BC-3165.7z
    2.2 MB · Views: 32
Repeatable CTD.

Move the chaser on to the horse and the game crashes.

Attachments

• Cart.CivBeyondSwordSave
    940.2 KB · Views: 36
While exploring Nubia region with my Master Tracker, there is something behind that toucan, that when I try to uncover the fog of war in that region causes a repeatable CTD.
I'm uploading the file, but as I am never able to peer into the void (FOW) I am not entirely sure what the culprit is.
Causes:
(Aim of trying to be on the opposite side of the toucan)
- Attack the toucan. CTD
- Go South West around the Toucan. CTD
- Go South East around the Toucan. CTD

Conclusion:
Something in the plot South or South-West of the Toucan, is causing the CTD.

I won't be able to test it out more until I get my laptop back on Monday.
Hopefully the attached file helps.

I was playing around with a minor change in GEM, by opening up the Dardanelles strait allows the connection of the Black Sea to the Mediterranean Sea. Just curious as to how Europe develops and how this affects my avenues of expansion as a Hittite player. I did mod in a few Great People for myself just because I wanted to play around a bit with a few house rules.
Goal: See what Greece does when Anatolia is no longer connected by land to Thrace and its surrounding areas.

SVN:7905 [Should be known that it was occuring previous to this SVN, but life beckoned and I wasn't able to test it until this morning.)

EDIT: More clarification on what methods I've used to trigger the CTD and the SVN I was using doing so.

Attachments

• Acularius.7z
    1.6 MB · Views: 42
While exploring Nubia region with my Master Tracker, there is something behind that toucan, that when I try to uncover the fog of war in

First try to instal mod in Caveman2Cosmos directory instead C2C. Maybe this will help.

First try to instal mod in Caveman2Cosmos directory instead C2C. Maybe this will help.
The 'Caveman2Cosmos' Directory is set for V35 and 'C2C' is set for the SVN. I'll try this on Monday when my laptop is refreshed.
As in about 20 minutes I will be leaving to drop my laptop off on my campus.

Edit: I have the save backed up in my dropbox account so I will test it when I re download CIV and the SVN on Monday. I'll make sure to set it up as 'Caveman2Cosmos' although I suspect it won't change much.
Edit2: Although I have not tried, try editing the first line in the savegame file using Notepad ++ "Mods\C2C\", to however the directory you are using is called and in theory it should work.
Edit3: Couldn't get that to work. Will fiddle around on Monday.

Consistent CTD at end of turn.

Attachments

• Toni I BC-30750.7z
    580 KB · Views: 45
  • Logs.7z
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
  • MiniDump_7896.7z
    13.2 KB · Views: 34
Edit2: Although I have not tried, try editing the first line in the savegame file using Notepad ++ "Mods\C2C\", to however the directory you are using is called and in theory it should work.

That didnt work for me :(

Has there been any movement towards fixing the volcano bug? The one that results in some tiles having +60 food. I've been removing the event from the files myself but I have to do it again every SVN update. Thankfully my modified Barbarossa leader is untouched.

The 'Caveman2Cosmos' Directory is set for V35 and 'C2C' is set for the SVN.
Edit3: Couldn't get that to work. Will fiddle around on Monday.

That didnt work for me :(

Sparth is correct, is must be Caveman2Cosmos for the directory, and no other one or it will cause crashes and Maf's.

Top Bottom