1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v35 plus (SVN) - After the 18th of August 2014

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Aug 17, 2014.

1. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

We know that some of them are fine. The problem is that some were added without enough testing time before release.

Ones that I have not verified as good are:-
    • Africanelephant- fairly sure this one is OK
    • Babirusa- fairly sure this one is OK
    • Cuscus- fairly sure this one is OK
    • Ewolf- fairly sure this one is OK
    • Fennecfox - fairly sure this one is OK
    • Manedwolf - causes CTD
    • Mtapir - fairly sure this one is OK
    • Mttapir - fairly sure this one is OK
    • Numbat - fairly sure this one is OK
    • Opossum - fairly sure this one is OK
    • Possum - fairly sure this one is OK
    • Pygmyhippo - fairly sure this one is OK
    • Thylacine - fairly sure this one is OK
    • Wombat - fairly sure this one is OK

edit I am going through and examining now. As you can see my initial testing only shows the Maned Wolf to be a problem.

2. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

Tried to fix the Maned Wolf again and put it on the SVN. Apparently these models have not just one but two skin partitions. So I keep missing the 2nd one.

Note that there are 3 types of models I get. Type A are from ZT2 and its expansions which typically have no problems. Type B are mods of existing units which are either re-skins or altering the existing meshes, which rarely have problems. And Type C are mods where they make the models from scratch. This is where I run into problems. However its a toss up if a unit will have a problem or not. And most of the time its because of a skin partition, or in this case 2 skin partitions.

- Africanelephant = Type A
    - Babirusa = Type C
    - Cuscus = Type B
    - Ewolf = Type B
    - Fennecfox = Type B
    - Manedwolf = Type C
    - Mtapir = Type C
    - Mttapir = Type B
    - Numbat = Type C
    - Opossum = Type C
    - Possum = Type C
    - Pygmyhippo = Type A
    - Thylacine = Type C
    - Wombat = Type C

Note its hard to tell 100% what is type B. But I know for sure all Type A's since they are from the main game.

3. kormer

kormer Chieftain

Still (likely) getting the experimental animals crashes as of 7883. Sorry I don't have crash logs, I wanted to test a couple of turns after deleting the experimental folder to confirm and next thing I knew it was 500 turns later.

4. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "BugEventManager", line 363, in _handleDefaultEvent
    File "PlatyPingWonders", line 239, in onBuildingBuilt
    IndexError: list assignment index out of range

EDIT: Also since the last maininterface change i get this error??

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 1371, in forceScreenRedraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 1504, in redraw

File "CvMainInterface", line 2028, in updatePlotListButtons

File "CvMainInterface", line 2117, in updatePlotListButtons_Common

RuntimeError: unidentifiable C++ exception
    ERR: Python function forceScreenRedraw failed, module CvScreensInterface

5. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Have 3 different errors/bugs

1. Entertainer for Native Am (Indus Era) action btns do not work except for the pause????pic 1

2. Same entertainer has ranged and bombard btns, WHAT:eek: pic 1

3. Pioneer (settler) also has ranged and bombard btns and actions btns do NOT work also?? pic 3

6. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

2 & 3) They must have a combat class that enables it like from bows or something. There's a tag to disable by combat class that should thus be applied... I'll look into it.

7. alberts2

alberts2 Emperor

The second error could also be caused by my recent dll changes but i never saw that error before:confused:

8. sirrogue2

sirrogue2 Chieftain

Here's a new one:
    Got a Great Spy early on in the Ancient era, and I noticed the option to build Scotland Yard (its great building) was available. The option's mouseover description did state that Scotland Yard required a population of 13 and one of two buildings (Skyscrapers or Office Buildings.) Now, this is still an Ancient Era game so there's no way I have those items yet.

I tried to build Scotland Yard anyway... and the game let me. I now have Scotland Yard in a city of grass and stone huts. :eek:

Screenshot attached.

Also, what is up with the Pretribemaint automatic building that kills maintenance costs? The last couple times I ran across this new mechanic my maintenance costs jumped horrendously and sent my economy into free-fall! Could we see about letting the maintenance costs slowly rise over time instead of getting slammed once we learn how to build mud roads?

Attached Files:

9. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

What building are you referring to? Could help. We're not all omniscient regarding everything in the mod ourselves as its too large for any person to be. Someone here probably knows what building you're talking about but I'm a bit lost there.

However, the Scotland Yard matter has been a bit of a thorn bugging us for a while now. For many good reasons, many building prereqs are ignored for unit building generation missions. This is one of them. We've talked about numerous ways to address this and I think I liked DH's proposal to have a SET of buildings replace the one the best.

10. sirrogue2

sirrogue2 Chieftain

The building is called "Pretribemaint." It's sorted under the Wonders tab if you look in the city screen. It's only available if you have the Anarchy civic, and it gets built automatically when you found a city. The only effect it had listed was "-90% Maintenance Costs."

11. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

During the Summer a new "special" building got introduced. It is built in at least the first city at it's founding. Pretribemaint as in "maintainance before tribalism". It reduces maintainance 90% I think. IMO this should be handled by the civics instead.

12. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

It is only built in only the first two cities and is part of the attempt to balance things for the AI expansion. The way it has been done is the only way that could be figured out to achieve the desired outcome.

13. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

He makes a good point though. Once eliminated it will hit too hard. There needs to be a way to gradiate its removal perhaps.

14. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

The problem is you leave the civic and the building becomes inactive. Boom up goes the maintenance.

15. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

It's BG's special building. I pointed this out already and posted how maint for each new city after the initial City started climbing when you left Anarchism for Chiefdom. (From the "just a little clarification" Thread)

Each successive city the cost continued to rise. This of course got me into trouble again. I had a whole series of screenshots showing the rise but after the that I said to myself, Meh... not worth the hassle, let them figure it out.

JosEPh

16. nanovirus

nanovirus Chieftain

Hi

i'm getting CTD durring my play turn and not durring "end turn" time.
    this is on SVN 7889.

The save i'm uploading it happens for me every time but not on the same time.
    Sometime i can play 1-3 turns before it happens again.

Could you have a look ?

Attached Files:

17. alberts2

alberts2 Emperor

That building gives -90% maintenance in two cities maybe this is to much now without unit maintenance costs for Anarchism.

18. alberts2

alberts2 Emperor

Another crash inside the exe meaning another problem with Art files.

You could try to delete the "Assets\Modules\DancingHoskuld\Subdue_Animals\z_experimental" directory because some of those animals already caused problems.

19. nanovirus

nanovirus Chieftain

Thanks, that did work for me.

20. Rodnok

Rodnok Prince

Same here and deleting the folder also solved it, thanks. Not sure what animal was there - I deleted the whole folder.
    But it is enough to move the ship (last unit) in this save NW to get the CTD.

Attached Files: