1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v35 plus (SVN) - After the 18th of August 2014

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Aug 17, 2014.

1. eel

eel Chieftain

Haven't found this mentioned but it's in the game for some time.

When you capture enemy fort and destroy it, the borders still remain as if the fort was still there.

2. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

I did not save the mini dump but in a recent game I had a CTD where when I put my Horseman to sleep in enemy territory.

3. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Are you using the latest SVN version? I have not had time to test the latest Maned Wolf graphic yet and it was the only one causing problems when I tested them.

That is because the fort gave culture to the plot, a new feature with Super Forts. A different mechanism to Fixed Borders. Not sure if the culture disappears over time or not or even if it should.

4. Harrier

Harrier Deity

My take on this is: if you leave the fort unoccupied by military units - there should be no change in culture (as opposing/enemy civilians may still be living there or in the area).

After all a fort is not only a millitary building, but it protects not only the people who live within the fort boundaries, but also the surrounding villages etc. as well.
    If you station a unit to occupy the fort, enemy culture should degrade - and your's should increase. You are effectively oppressing the civillian population.

Just my thoughts. :)

5. kormer

kormer Chieftain

Does this also apply to the +LOS lookout post type of buildings?

6. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

If you occupy an enemy fort (palisade up) the culture should flip to yours. However, I think what you suggest is actually what is happening which is why if you destroy the fort the plot reverts to previous owner.

No.

7. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

The unit that defeats the last defender enters the fort but does not change the ownership of it. Only if another unit allied to the attacker also enters - that's when ownership of the tile changes.

This could be why, if the first attacker to enter razes (pillages) the fort, the culture of the tile never flips.

8. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Can someone PLEASE figure out what the heck is going on with "Alfred the Great", he moves but you cant use any of the action btns except the pause????

I tried redoing the nif/kfm, but it still didnt work>>?:(

9. Sparth

Sparth C2C Team Member

try to change his art data to this:

Code:
    			<NIF>Art/Units/unique/gothic/Huskarl/swordsman.nif</NIF>
    			<KFM>Art/Units/Swordsman/Swordsman.kfm</KFM>
    			<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/unique/gothic/Huskarl/swordsman_fx.nif</SHADERNIF>

Thanks to this change we can check if there is the problem with model/animation files or with XML bug.

10. strategyonly

That worked, but it doesnt look correct now??

11. Sparth

Sparth C2C Team Member

Yep this is different model and animation. Buf with wrong buttons is probably linked with wrong animation file. Original Alfred the Great model using his own animation and hard to say what is wrong with this KMF file. After checkin all BTS models and animations only two of them looks similar. Inca Quecha ( <KFM>Art/Units/Unique/Inca/Quechua/IncanQuechua.kfm</KFM>) or Native American Dog Soldier ( <KFM>Art/Units/Unique_NativeAmerica_DogSoldier/Dogsoldier.kfm</KFM>). You can check these KFMs on orignal, Alfred model.

12. Crusader2010

Crusader2010 Chieftain

Had a crash right after the turn was done for the AI. I've attached all relevant files. Build was 7890 (i think). It seems to crash each and every time after ending my turn (i'm just killing some animals with the master hunter, and butchering other animals that are active in the cities).

EDIT: i've tried upgrading to build 7894 and trying to load the autosaves; the crash still occurs like above.

If you have any ideas on what is causing it please let me know

Attached Files:

13. strategyonly

OK will check them out, i didnt even have the slightest idea about those kfm's you mentioned above, at least there are 2 choices now, thx.

14. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I am getting the flashing triangles from the Egyptian Master Hunter but only when attacking from the south side of a river in jungle or forest:crazyeye:

15. Sparth

Sparth C2C Team Member

Ok I check him today. If cannot find anything I change his model to something different.

16. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

SVN 7898, Lakes Map is not playable anymore. Gives several Python Exceptions.

Can not get the last exception pop up to close. See Screenies.

JosEPh

17. Hydromancerx

Hydromancerx C2C Modder

I got a random CTD. Here is the minidump.

18. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Do you have the PythonErr.log from that game? No matter if not as it wont take long to generate it.

19. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

It seems Guard Cats have Flies To Move, they blithely saunter around on Ocean tiles (unless this was fixed recently...).

20. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Not Files but Naval. I will change it to Foot.