Single Player bugs and crashes v35 plus (SVN) - After the 18th of August 2014

Unforunately i have to second Liquidated, but it does not depend on fight or flight or any other of the combat mod options.
Alberts, wíth your changes to the DLL you brought back an old problem.
One of it is not counting the number of needed buildings for e.g. building a wonder (not only those which grant free buildings) and in addition you can build the same wonder at the same time. Once you start a wonder it shouldn't be available for the same player in other cities.

I've got an issue with combat odds in my game (using current SVN) where attacking with a stack would correctly display the odds of the most fitting unit in the stack against the enemy stack, but upon attacking it doesn't choose that unit.

Pre-attack shows 85% combat odds, combat log confirms it picked a unit which had a 1% chance.

I've got an issue with combat odds in my game (using current SVN) where attacking with a stack would correctly display the odds of the most fitting unit in the stack against the enemy stack, but upon attacking it doesn't choose that unit.

Pre-attack shows 85% combat odds, combat log confirms it picked a unit which had a 1% chance.
I've seen this too. Hopefully TunderBird will return soon and investigate the issue. :)

Ok, so it appears in SVN that any wonder or building that grants a free building for all Cities means that anything that requires them counts your total as zero and you are completely unable to build them, unless you head on over to the World builder. It appears that this bug only appears on national and great wonders.

This is not a text error or anything of the like, free buildings count for nothing when meeting requirements and cause one unable to build said master building.

Another edit (beats spamming posts!): It only appears that only Wonders, both Great and National, that require more than one of such building to build (8 on a huge map) have the bug where free buildings do not count. For normal buildings that only require say a courthouse in the city, said checks out fine and one is able to fulfill the request.

Cheers!
-Liquidated

One of it is not counting the number of needed buildings for e.g. building a wonder (not only those which grant free buildings) and in addition you can build the same wonder at the same time. Once you start a wonder it shouldn't be available for the same player in other cities.

I have to look at this it's possible i brought back those issues because they where hidden behind the other bug i fixed.

By "not counting the number of needed buildings" you mean actual buildings not buildings under construction right?

By "not counting number of needed buildings" i mean the number of buildings you find in the statistics; so this would be finished and existing buildings.

Another problem i just found: pressing F1 does not longer open the Domestic Advisor.:(

Stack attack resolves many combats at once, each with its own set of combat odds. How can you expect the odds the mouseover gives you to be the same as those of the first combat resolved?

Could it not be that, in order for the stack to get those 85% odds, some units have first to be sacrificed at 1% odds?

Furthermore, what does that 85% represent? I suggest it is more likely to represent the entire stack's odds against the top defender, than the odds to clear the enemy tile!

And that's why I stopped using stack attack about the same time I stopped playing on Chieftain level.

Less than a turn after updating to 8573, this:

There's no getting past it, every time you click OK it comes up again (or possibly it ignores me, hard to tell...).:(

So what do you need?

Attachments

• 2015-06-13_00001.jpg
    2015-06-13_00001.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 71
Ok, so it appears in SVN that any wonder or building that grants a free building for all Cities means that anything that requires them counts your total as zero and you are completely unable to build them, unless you head on over to the World builder. It appears that this bug only appears on national and great wonders.

This is not a text error or anything of the like, free buildings count for nothing when meeting requirements and cause one unable to build said master building.

Edit: it appears with fight or flight on, when a cloaked unit (e.g. ambushers) flees or is trapped, their nationality is stated in the script.

Another edit (beats spamming posts!): It only appears that only Wonders, both Great and National, that require more than one of such building to build (8 on a huge map) have the bug where free buildings do not count. For normal buildings that only require say a courthouse in the city, said checks out fine and one is able to fulfill the request.

Cheers!
-Liquidated

Unforunately i have to second Liquidated, but it does not depend on fight or flight or any other of the combat mod options.

I have to look at this it's possible i brought back those issues because they where hidden behind the other bug i fixed.

By "not counting the number of needed buildings" you mean actual buildings not buildings under construction right?

By "not counting number of needed buildings" i mean the number of buildings you find in the statistics; so this would be finished and existing buildings.

Another problem i just found: pressing F1 does not longer open the Domestic Advisor.:(

I can't find anything in the code that would explain why my recent changes would cause those issues:confused:. The code to check if you have the number of needed buildings has nothing to do with what i changed. I don't know if beeing able to start building the same wonder at the same time in more then one city is a real issue because i think you should know what you want to build and what you build in other cities.

But maybe saves could help.

Edit:

I just tried to build the same wonder in a second city but it's not possible so i can't reproduce it.

Less than a turn after updating to 8573, this:

There's no getting past it, every time you click OK it comes up again (or possibly it ignores me, hard to tell...).:(

So what do you need?

If this happens after upgrading a bunch of units with ALT, then you have to close this window a lot of times.

Alberts2,
i'm now at my laptop and aside from the Domestic Advisor:( everything seems fine.:)

Stack attack resolves many combats at once, each with its own set of combat odds. How can you expect the odds the mouseover gives you to be the same as those of the first combat resolved?

Well this problem appears when having multiple units selected when attacking without the "stack attack" option activated. So it resolves only one combat, but it still uses the worst unit in your stack first, in some instances.

So a stack is selected, the stack is made to attack where the odds says that your best unit will win against their best unit, but your worst unit attacks their best unit and dies. Then your stack can attack again in the same turn, repeat rinse until all units in the stack have attacked. And you can finally end your turn having lost a couple of units that you should not have lost. I usually load when this bug happens. ^^

Could it not be that, in order for the stack to get those 85% odds, some units have first to be sacrificed at 1% odds?

Furthermore, what does that 85% represent? I suggest it is more likely to represent the entire stack's odds against the top defender, than the odds to clear the enemy tile!

And that's why I stopped using stack attack about the same time I stopped playing on Chieftain level.

This is not when using the "stack attack" option. The intended behavior of attacking with more than one unit selected has always been that the unit with the highest odds gets chosen to attack, thus eliminating the need for micromanaging a huge stack (and instead just focusing on strategically picking the units and their promotions in that stack).

The odds displayed now ARE of the unit with the highest odds in your stack - finding that unit within the stack and using it to attack does give you those odds and does have the expected results. The bug right now is that the attack itself picks the first unit in the selected group rather than the unit who's odds were displayed.

I can't find anything in the code that would explain why my recent changes would cause those issues:confused:. The code to check if you have the number of needed buildings has nothing to do with what i changed. I don't know if beeing able to start building the same wonder at the same time in more then one city is a real issue because i think you should know what you want to build and what you build in other cities.

But maybe saves could help.

Edit:

I just tried to build the same wonder in a second city but it's not possible so i can't reproduce it.

Here's the save my test run to kick the tires of the new version, so very much has changed.

Try building the Forbidden in the town to the south 'Ribe', notice that it has a free courthouse just like every other town, because the building is free from the wonder Hammurabi Stele of Laws.

It works the same way, denying The Olympic games simply because of the free Colosseum's that one wonder gave.

Keep in mind that this was bugged before you posted your changes alberts2

Edit: finally uploaded the save, just barely under 2 mb zipped.

Cheers!
-Liq

Attachments

• Liq BC-5278x.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 52
Here's the save my test run to kick the tires of the new version, so very much has changed.

Try building the Forbidden in the town to the south 'Ribe', notice that it has a free courthouse just like every other town, because the building is free from the wonder Hammurabi Stele of Laws.

It works the same way, denying The Olympic games simply because of the free Colosseum's that one wonder gave.

Keep in mind that this was bugged before you posted your changes alberts2

Cheers!
-Liq

I think you forgot to post the save, but did you start that game before rev8573?

It could be possible that what you see in your game is one of the side effects of the bugs that i fixed and not a new bug. All existing games started before my recent changes in rev8573 are corrupt in some way because of the things i fixed and there is no way to fix those existing games. Try it in a new game and if there are still issues of that kind i have to see what i can do.

If this happens after upgrading a bunch of units with ALT, then you have to close this window a lot of times.

I can't afford to upgrade any units, I'm just moving mine.

Could something in my user settings (which I merged across from my previous SVN 8508) be causing this?

This is not when using the "stack attack" option. The intended behavior of attacking with more than one unit selected has always been that the unit with the highest odds gets chosen to attack, thus eliminating the need for micromanaging a huge stack (and instead just focusing on strategically picking the units and their promotions in that stack).

The odds displayed now ARE of the unit with the highest odds in your stack - finding that unit within the stack and using it to attack does give you those odds and does have the expected results. The bug right now is that the attack itself picks the first unit in the selected group rather than the unit who's odds were displayed.

Ok you're not using stack attack, you're selecting a stack and attacking. While it is worth making the distinction, I don't know what else to call it. And all my comments remain valid. It is possible that your "intended behaviour" was never intended.

The odds displayed now ARE of the unit with the highest odds in your stack - finding that unit within the stack and using it to attack does give you those odds and does have the expected results.

If this is true, this is the fix for your 'bug', the only one it is likely to get for a long time.

Hi all, thanks so much for this awesome mod!
I'm getting a CTD on last rev, when discovering Sedentary lifestyle as the Neanderthal Civ.
I've attached the Savegame (just finish the turn and it crashes every time), the dump and logs.

Attachments

• CTD.zip
    896.9 KB · Views: 58

It's due to the attack from behind 'feature'. I've not looked into it deeply enough to determine if there's a bug option to turn off attack from behind but it was setup as an option of some sort and should have a toggle switch somewhere.

The Mining tech is still playing Leonard Nimoy's voice (which doesn't match the actual text displayed), instead of the quote that I recorded that does.

It's due to the attack from behind 'feature'. I've not looked into it deeply enough to determine if there's a bug option to turn off attack from behind but it was setup as an option of some sort and should have a toggle switch somewhere.

No it can't because it wasn't used in C2C and i removed it some time ago.

Top Bottom