Single Player bugs and crashes v35 plus (SVN) - After the 18th of August 2014

Rev 8581:
Jade Death Mask Carver has the icon of a World Wonder but shows in the normal building part of the UI and can be build in every city.

Rev 8581:
Jade Death Mask Carver has the icon of a World Wonder but shows in the normal building part of the UI and can be build in every city.

It should be a world wonder. It is not a wonder but you need South American culture to build it.

I am not sure if we should turn it into a wonder like the stone vessels, Nok sculptures and so on. Or do we have Olmec Jade Masks as the wonder?

There's a bug with Colonists: I researched Colonialism and with my existing 3x settlers, I upgraded them into 'Colonists' no issue. After about 10 turns later I tried to build a colonist, but the only settler type I could build (even in capital proper) was a 'settler', by both name and type. I cannot outright build a 'colonist'. Instead, I have to build 'settlers' and them upgrade them to 'colonists' which works even out of city, in domestic territory.

Cheers!
-Liq

There's a bug with Colonists: I researched Colonialism and with my existing 3x settlers, I upgraded them into 'Colonists' no issue. After about 10 turns later I tried to build a colonist, but the only settler type I could build (even in capital proper) was a 'settler', by both name and type. I cannot outright build a 'colonist', instead, I have to build 'settlers' and them upgrade them to 'colonists' which works even out of city, in domestic territory.

Cheers!
-Liq

That is correct. The Colonist and Pioneer units were a player cheat, ie something that the player could do but the non-player AIs could not. I am in the process of fixing the problem but there is no need for those two units with the fix. Removing the units may break saves or maybe not so I have not removed them just made it so you can't build them.

It should be a world wonder. It is not a wonder but you need South American culture to build it.

I am not sure if we should turn it into a wonder like the stone vessels, Nok sculptures and so on. Or do we have Olmec Jade Masks as the wonder?

It also gives 6 Death Masks per building, an amount which is usually reserved to wonders so I was curious about it :)

Less than a turn after updating to 8573, this:

There's no getting past it, every time you click OK it comes up again (or possibly it ignores me, hard to tell...).:(

So what do you need?

Can DH or someone please at least comment on this bug...

Got another repeatable EoT CTD.

View attachment 395483

This was also when using my two modmods (civics, promotions), but I haven't checked if it happens without them...

We had reports of the same crash before it happens then a Wise Woman is upgraded to a Healer. But at the moment i have no idea why this happens because all other upgrades work.

Code:
AI_Update for unit 122909 of owner 8
    Wise Woman at (119,84) upgrading to Healer
    Greek Empire spends 2 to upgrade Wise Woman to Healer, unit AI healer
Unit Wise Woman of player Greek Empire killed
Greek Empire's Wise Woman (122909) died at (119,84), mission was -1

We had reports of the same crash before it happens then a Wise Woman is upgraded to a Healer. But at the moment i have no idea why this happens because all other upgrades work.

Code:
I see, at least it's not my modmods causing it, but it's somewhat disconcerting that an unit upgrade causes CTD.... Hope someone can figure it out.

The whose situation is just frustrating.
A set of changes a few years ago caused those issues and i don't even want to think about how messed up things where before those changes. Someone must have noticed the effects of those changes right after they where made and the issues we have now should have been fixed right away. But i quess all the requests to add new stuff where more important and i understand that because adding new things is alot more fun as trying to fix endless bugs..

Code:
Could it be the art on the healer? Or something stemming from the build up changes?

Can DH or someone please at least comment on this bug...

Yudishtira,
Looks like the bug from Naming Plots/Tiles.

Maybe you should stop naming tiles for awhile, just sayin'.

EDIT: Suggest Updating to 8580, then see if you can progress.

JosEPh

The "Gladitorial School" is still in need of corrected spelling ("Gladiatorial School") and there are two Mosaic Working audio-quotes, one which is synthesised and one which is mine.

Less than a turn after updating to 8573, this:

There's no getting past it, every time you click OK it comes up again (or possibly it ignores me, hard to tell...).:(

So what do you need?

I have also had this error. It occurred when I had a unit selected and upgraded all of those units ie alt and the upgrade unit button. I had to abandon the game. I did report it here also. It seems to be part of the same problem that causes the same error if you have no unit selected and press the alt key eg when you want to make a screen shot.

The "Gladitorial School" is still in need of corrected spelling ("Gladiatorial School") .

fixed

game goes CTD when i end turn every time. SVN 8583, tried to update to 8585 did not help

savegame attached. I have no idea why it happens

Attachments

• AutoSave_AD-42920.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.3 MB · Views: 79
I have started having a non-repeatable CTD, but they seem to occur when I am attacking or being attacked by a tapir. A different one each time so far.

When you use a Great Engineer to create Tradition - Work Ethic, it should populate to all your cities. It does not.

When you use a Great Engineer to create Tradition - Work Ethic, it should populate to all your cities. It does not.

It takes one turn, I think. Either that or you need to end the turn of the units in a city if you want to them to get the promotion. I did test it and it worked in all cities for me.

"Tradition - Work Ethic" is a city effect, which should appear in the Properties section (unless I'm very much mistaken). In my case, it only appears in the city properties of the founding city.

In addition to there being two Mosaic Working sound files, it seems that my Surveying quote has also gone to the great Audacity in the sky. I've reattached it below.

Attachments

• C2C Surveying.zip
    270.2 KB · Views: 43
Top Bottom