Single Player bugs and crashes v37 download - After the 24th of December 2016

The first thing to try is to turn on quick combat options in the main game options screen. If that doesn't work, you should then try to get the latest SVN version. If it's still crashing, we can look into it.

The first thing to try is to turn on quick combat options in the main game options screen. If that doesn't work, you should then try to get the latest SVN version. If it's still crashing, we can look into it.
I already use all quick options, so the best way to try to fix it is get the beta version?

I already use all quick options, so the best way to try to fix it is get the beta version?
The chance that it's been fixed is high and if I were able to fix your game after finding the flaw still remains, I'd still have to issue that fix via the SVN version anyhow.

Here the minidump file(some screenshoot are in the rar for allow the site upload it(it was getting the empty file error)

Attachments

• minidump.rar
    27.3 KB · Views: 140
I've looked at the minidump and it's a little inconclusive. It suggests a memory corruption if I'm reading it right. The game, during the spawn routine, initiated a new selection group for the unit that was being spawned and that group came up as a null after initiation. From there things went a bit haywire it looks like.

@Spirictum: this would be a good one for you to investigate further as this is kinda your wheelhouse since we worked on that unit ID issue. You might be able to do what I cannot and determine better if this is basically just a MAF, or some deeper error in the ID generation system that could have a hope of repair. This issue, btw, continues being one after we've updated to the latest assets.

@Soulinor: I suspect we'll need to see the game save. I see why this issue isn't perfectly repeatable but it should, with some patience be easily retriggered with the debug dll in action and that can sometimes show a lot the minidump can't and correct some impressions the minidump can at times erroneously give.

My ultimate best guess diagnosis is that on v37 stock we had some issues still where some units, mostly the criminals, were way overspawning and as a result could have pushed you into a memory bind from which even an update cannot resolve because the overspawned units are still flooding the map even if you did update. You may be able to recover your game by going into the worldbuilder and removing any barbarian units from all cities and letting the game naturally recalibrate the criminal spawns from there. More will come up to replace those you removd but there are now limiting factors to keep too many from overwhelming system memory and gameplay. This was a pretty major flaw in the v37 release.

Map icon of suburbs looks like few straw huts which doesn't fit at all into the modern looks of cities at the time when suburbs become active. It seems that suburbs icon does not take the age at hand into account at all.

Civ IV Steam version, updated.
C2C v37 downloaded.
Everything seems to work fine except I can't see (small) religion icons on the scoreboard nor on the civic panels or 'pedia popups and in general in most places where I would expect a small religion icon to appear (e.g. the string "Cities with [RELIGION_ICON] Construct Buildings +15% faster" appears just as "Cities with Construct Buildings +15% faster" with absolutely nothing in between).

About the scoreboard, I checked BUG's configuration and the R is in the line. Just to check I tried moving it to a different position but no luck.

I remember this also happened with previous versions of C2C. It works fine with Vanilla BTS.

Thank you for your help, let me know if you need anything more.

Neanderthal Cities seems to have trouble with Cities Start With One Tile. I've had a Neanderthal City just outside my civilisation, and in the time it's taken me to progress about half an era it hasn't grown beyond one tile. Do Neanderthal cities not get any cultural buildings? If so, they should probably get a single addition of enough culture to get the first expansion when they form if CSW1T is on.

Also, there seems to be a minor graphical glitch. Either that or the Neanderthals are way more advanced than I thought :)

The Official v37 release had some Graphical issues with some of the New Options and the NPCs associated with them. Most have been resolved on the Current SVN version of the Mod.

The information of how to get these latest versions are Posted in the 1st post of the SVN Changelog thread. Found here, https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/c2c-svn-changelog.429816/

Hello,
I have problems with aircrafts and bombers - I cant recon or bombard cities or improvements with them - everytime I tried it the game crash. But I can strike enemy units.

Hello,
I have problems with aircrafts and bombers - I cant recon or bombard cities or improvements with them - everytime I tried it the game crash. But I can strike enemy units.
v37 had this issue. With the current SVN version, you should be fine but unfortunately, the animations were disabled to correct the crash.

Not sure if my version is for v37 thread or svn one (downloaded that "v37.5" patch from one of the threads)

Cities don't seem to recognize having poultry in city vicinity. Egg Thief is not available to build, even when I have poultry right next to my city.

Also, one of my cities, when selected, always make a noise like if I'm selecting a naval fleet.

Not sure if my version is for v37 thread or svn one (downloaded that "v37.5" patch from one of the threads)

Cities don't seem to recognize having poultry in city vicinity. Egg Thief is not available to build, even when I have poultry right next to my city.

Also, one of my cities, when selected, always make a noise like if I'm selecting a naval fleet.
Vicinity requires a route connecting to the city and a proper accessing improvement. Currently the Egg Thief is completely unconstructable for this reason because those things are impossible for a while longer. I have it on my game plan here in the very near future to give a second vicinity qualification option that doesn't require routing and improvement on the plot, just actual vicinity. At that point we'll be able to fix it for our little egg thief.

There's a number of places where audio is a bit funny. None of us really delve much into audio and sound effect matters. I personally don't play with sound on at all so wouldn't know the places where snakes moo like a cow and things like that. We might need a team member that works on that side of the mod.

Oh, got one more thing, not a bug per se but,

The culture Aka needs potato and culture - African. But there's no potato in Africa on the Earth map.

Oh, got one more thing, not a bug per se but,

The culture Aka needs potato and culture - African. But there's no potato in Africa on the Earth map.
I suggest posting this on the thread for the map if there is one.

I suggest posting this on the thread for the map if there is one.

lol!

I think he's talking about the lack of potatoes in out of game Africa :D

I believe there is a chain called cultures where you could post this Ahengle. It's not the only culture that has some strange resource requirements. My favorite is scottish demands hills and sea lions... :rolleyes:

Yeah OK, the point was made by another here but it's good of you to confirm that's what you meant. Some of that stuff is actually under review right now by Rmi here: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/culture-database.623095/ This sort of note would be useful for him there.

My two Earth maps (SEM+ and LEM) are pre-columbus. So no new world crops etc. are in the old world. You have to wait till you can sail to the new world and then either trade or found/or capture a city that gives you that resource.

This includes Potato, Corn, Chocolate, Tobacco and much much more. As in real life.

Then use the Great Farmer to plant them near your Cities. To get the culture bonus. (i.e. Belgium and Chocolate.)

I must admit I have not looked at these maps for a very long time. So they need updating (adding SEA tiles etc.). Will try to do so over the coming winter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom