1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v37 plus (SVN) - After the 24th of December 2016

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Septimius

Septimius Chieftain

Settler is down from 5400 production price to 852 production on nightmare eternity. This is about a third of what it cost before the current run of production tweaks.

A spearman costs 725 production and a town watchman 1146.

A size 25 city city is around 250 production per turn.

All in all costs have gone down a great deal, which I suppose is fine. I'll have to start a new game in order to see what influence it has on a game through the ages.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  2. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I would strongly suggest clearing the cache before you do start a new game. In fact clearing the cache on your current game and then doing a, after the cache is cleared, Re-calc will help settle things into the new way.

3. Usul13

Usul13 Chieftain

SVN 9909
    I had a Subdued Wild Boar sitting in my capital. In a suprising event it's got lost on the sea.
    Spoiler :

Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG

4. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

5. tmv

tmv Chieftain

I bet they do. :lol: What kind of superstitions are started that way?

6. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

I'll look into it again.

7. Raledon

Raledon Chieftain

The AI still keeps his armies out of the cities, for absolutely no apparent reason.
    It has numerous units around, but they are spread out. I'm pretty sure it actually got them OUT of the city when I came close.
    The units are not even in my direction- they are away. Now if it wants to take the city back, I get the defensive bonus instead, which makes no sense.
    Spoiler :
    upload_2018-2-12_23-0-16.png

8. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Koshling set them up to do that. It's a major project intended for the fairly near future to divide up the types that will do that from those that just root themselves in the cities. Certainly no pre-38 project that. That's a whole version focus project.

9. Raledon

Raledon Chieftain

Just seems like an extremely strange behavior, that shouldn't happen. I suppose if it's a WIP feature, it will be ironed out in time.

On another note, are apple orchards supposed to be better than the others? They grant 2 health instead of 1.

10. Noriad2

Noriad2 Chieftain

I think the recent graphics fpk thingy must be checked for completeness because the stone thrower still throws pink blobs to an enemy attacking it from the north west.

11. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Wouldn't be an issue with the FPK so much as a flat out missing file or bad reference being called to a skin file on that unit. Has anyone recently attempted to change this particular graphic?

12. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

You'd have to ask @Hydromancerx that one I think.

It's probably accurate. An Easter Egg so to speak. An apple a day keeps the doctor away?

13. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

Missiles are a different graphic to the unit because they go from one unit and hit another. Arrows and so on. It is another of those "attachments".

14. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Yes and all graphic files are either where they were or merged into the FPK without any file paths changing unless they were part of a project she worked on. Thus, if it's a problem now, it was a problem before. Either way, not one anyone on the current team knows how to resolve. Or chooses to take any responsibility for it anyhow.

Where do you find the reference to the skin file?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  15. Morlark

Morlark Chieftain

I can say with certainty that this was not the case. Stone Thrower projectiles graphics were working fine prior to the recent FPK updates, and are pink blobs now. To be specific, I first observed the problem after updating from r9870 to r9896. The big FPK update was in the midst of those revisions, so it's likely that the bug was introduced at that time.

16. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Ok, we found something strange happened so we're working on a fix. I didn't think that the procedure used would've made it possible to have missed some files but apparently I'm wrong.

17. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Warlord

Finding faults in "clerical" procedure is always good because it can be fixed :D. On a side note they never appear until a crucial point. Murphy makes sure of that. :lol:

18. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Thanks to your... erm... spelling challenges, I'll trust you as an expert in that subject ;) That said, we ALL make our healthy share of 'well' timed oopses. By 'well', I mean absolutely worst possible, of course. Whisperr has been here cursing me out for volunteering her for this job. We referred to the art file from the revision right before hers and found that some respelling of the stone thrower art folder had caused a bit of an oversight during the process. Should be the only stuff that was overlooked.

19. Whisperr

Whisperr Chieftain

This SHOULD be fixed now.

strategyonly likes this.
  20. Raledon

Raledon Chieftain

It seems possible to build quarries out of your borders

Spoiler :
    upload_2018-2-13_21-54-38.png

It seems strange that tar can only be gathered by a nearby (2 tile distance) city, and not by an improvement.

Storms cause some strange phenomena where people and objects are cut in half.
    In the picture, we can see both the amber (top right of the tile) and an atlatist (two tiles below the city) being cut by a knife.
    Spoiler :
    upload_2018-2-13_22-5-8.png

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018