1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v37 plus (SVN) - After the 24th of December 2016

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Dec 26, 2016.

1. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Quarries have been that way for a long time, even moreso if you build a Fort nearby.

We do not recommend playing with Storms On in BUG. Though you can still get Storm Events thru the event process.

With the New FPK files did you delete your cache? It holds onto old data and really needs to be cleared when the New FPKs come out. I suggest this for Everyone.

strategyonly likes this.
  2. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Storms also slow down game too

3. Raledon

Raledon Warlord

I haven't, where is the cache located? civ4 install folder?

4. Usul13

Usul13 Warlord

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\My Games\ Beyond the Sword\cache

Raledon likes this.
  5. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

This is because Tar Pit is a Terrain Feature not a resource. Improvements can only provide resources. It was put in when there was a limit on the number of resources you could have. Changing it is not trivial and will break saves. We should add it to our list of things to do the next time we want to break saves.

Raledon likes this.
  6. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Yeah, just delete all files inside the cache folder. I should've said that. :p

Raledon likes this.
  7. Raledon

Raledon Warlord

Something I just encountered- I took over a city using units with hidden nationality (stalkers), and it became a barbarian city.
    A turn afterwards, the city became a minor civiliaztion, spawned units, and remove my stalker from the game.
    For better or worse, attempting to reproduce this failed, but it seems that, at the very least, the stalkers should've been kicked out instead of vanishing (no combat has been activated).
    In addition, no gold has been granted from the initial pillaging, which is a bit strange.

8. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Do you have Hide and Seek enabled?
    Units can seemingly vanish out of sight under this option.

9. Raledon

Raledon Warlord

No hide and seek.
    I tried rotating the units, as they shouldn't be sleeping or anything. They never came out, so I came to the conclusion they were taken away (didn't see them around the city, either)

10. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

When cities change hands during revolts, some units are just destroyed in the process. I've tried to narrow in on why that's happening but it's a long long long standing bug (maybe not even a bug, just woefully underdeveloped as far as notification is concerned.) I tried setting up a generic unit removal notification system and that didn't work with my limited understanding of some things at the time.

This is a pretty intense thing to try to resolve. Certainly not a pre-release matter. Otherwise everything was as normal (HN units capturing a city will make it a Barb City) though it was interesting that the city became a minor civilization so fast.

11. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

AFAIK this is a Normal routine for a Civ with Start as Minors set to ON as well as Revolt with Revolutions On. As T-brd stated when your HN units take over a City it becomes barb. Then it sounds just like Normal Ol' SaM and Rev at work.

It happening in 1 turn, well a lot of code has been added and not really checked for how it interacts with Rev and all it's subset of Options. And it sounds like a perfect condition for these 2 Rev Options to act on.

12. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Start as minors doesn't really matter here. When Barbarian Civs converts a barb city to a civilization it still starts as a minor whether SaM is on or not.

13. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

If barb world or is it Barb civ is On.

14. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Barbarian Civilizations (the option is 'NoBarbarianCivilizations' so having it off allows them to emerge.)

15. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Official release Version 38, 16 Feb 18, 3:33 am

@DH a NEW SVN/Multi/non SVN is needed again thx . . .SO

16. Snofru1

Snofru1 Emperor

Upgrading all units of a kind by pressing "Alt" doesn´t work here anymore. Just select any of my cities and the symbol for upgrading the Atlatl to a Javelineer. If you press "Alt" nothing happens, only the one unit which is selected is upgraded.
    I am using SVN 9914 at this point together with Toffer´s Interface Overhaul Modmod.

Attached Files:

17. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

@Snofru1 Might be an issue in the modmod, I'll look into it.

18. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I thought I had a problem with that in my game today but then realized I'd run out of gold after a couple units had upgraded. No chance that's it in this case is it?

19. Snofru1

Snofru1 Emperor

Nope, I have a lot of gold left and it´s no problem to upgrade the units one by one.

20. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

In a game today I highlight all the same units in 1 city and upgraded them that way. I've never tried to upgrade every same unit in my empire before with the Alt key though. I generally don't have that kind of treasury!