Single Player bugs and crashes v37 plus (SVN) - After the 24th of December 2016

@TB: If septimus is not playing with "animals stay out" game option, then it would seem that there is a small issue here. I would appreciate if you look into ways to improve the spawn code for areas within cultural borders.
I'm merely petitioning you to ponder on how to increase those spawn in a reasonable manner; or on how to give us new ways to influence it in the spawn info xml.
No rush. ^^
Ways to address that we already have:

1) Create a second stage spawn info for later game to give the same spawn but with a better chance of spawning, something that takes over from the original to reflect the age of reduced biodiversity due to humankind's natural expansion.

2) Another method would be to increase the degree of iAnimalIgnoresBorders. Remember the stages I set those up at... stage 0, cannot enter or spawn in borders at all, stage 1, can enter and spawn in borders but not on improved tiles, stage 2, can enter and spawn in borders and improved tiles but cannot enter and spawn in cities, stage 3 can spawn anywhere any time, as long as it can share the tile with units there. You can even give some animals bBlendIntoCity to make them completely able to harmonize with humans (like pigeons perhaps?)

The stages are defined by the total of iAnimalIgnoresBorders (on the unit info) and iAnimalIgnoresBordersChange on the unitcombat. Promotions can add to this too but that's not going to help them with spawning.

In my current view, this is all addressable in the XML as it is, but we could eventually do some more later to improve on some of this.

I'm seeing a completele shutdown of spawns by now. It's really awful gameplay that you run around with hunters for ages and then at some point they're just reduced to highly upgraded scouts. Should I just send them back home and forget all about them? A third way into the game, part of what makes C2C fun, mostly just stops. It's like having your Pokemon taken away...

Also I don't see the logic behind your statement at all... Animals are everywhere, whereas humans really only inhabit very little of the planet (around 10% according to some studies - go back in time, before industrialization and that number drops to maybe 2-3%). So even a well cultured area would see vast tracts of land that was mostly empty, unused or unusable. Even farmland is full of life.

What we have done is reduce biodiversity drastically, the number of actual animals remain mostly constant, because while some species cannot survive modern man, others thrive.

And I haven't even reached medieval times in this case... So yeah, culture borders shouldn't be a great limitation on animal spawns. Improvements should reduce it, but not make it go away completely.
Understand this, we had a lot of solid boundaries in the code to overcome to allow animals to enter (and spawn within) borders at all. And as we went forward in doing this, it was against the advisement of Dancing Hoskuld, and many other players, who would have preferred animals never be allowed to enter borders ever. So we've been rebels to allow some spawning inside borders at all. As a result, I felt it was wise to do so very sparingly. That said, when I setup the system structure, I then handed it off. Toffer and Harrier have largely been the ones to establish the XML on these factors and perhaps I have not been clear enough on how it works or perhaps they feel we need some additional stages of gradient but I didn't oversee too closely how animals were setup to apply to these new features. So there's also some first draft essence to what you're playing here as well. So... feedback taken at least.

2) Another method would be to increase the degree of iAnimalIgnoresBorders. Remember the stages I set those up at... stage 0, cannot enter or spawn in borders at all, stage 1, can enter and spawn in borders but not on improved tiles, stage 2, can enter and spawn in borders and improved tiles but cannot enter and spawn in cities, stage 3 can spawn anywhere any time, as long as it can share the tile with units there. You can even give some animals bBlendIntoCity to make them completely able to harmonize with humans (like pigeons perhaps?)
Ah, I had forgotten about that, I'll review it for the animals, check if it's applied adequately.
In my current view, this is all addressable in the XML as it is, but we could eventually do some more later to improve on some of this.
Sounds good.

Ok,

Hi,

I have a problem with the game...

The game goes out to windows without any message when is the turn change (241 A.D to next turn) I installed the last patches...
renaissance era, noble, marathon speed, standard rules (without tech trade and brokering)

"Please follow the guidelines for bug reporting in the first posts in the Bugs and Crashes threads in the Bugs and Crashes sub-forum here. Aka, I need you to upload the save and verify the version you're working on etc... 'the latest patches'-does that mean you're running on the SVN version?"

I've uploaded save... I wanted upload minidump file but yours forum does not allow me... minidump_9396.... About version, I'm playing on v37, SVN - ? I don't know what that meaning, but if meaning about the modifiers be recalculated (popup window) then I recalculated my game always if this message appears.
About exact version, sorry but I don't know where I may check it.

About CTD...this appear when I'm waiting for other civilization, immediately after this turn (from my uploaded save)

WIN7, 64-bit, 4GB ram, 2,2GHz CPU

If I should give more information please write (Sorry, my english isn't very good)

Attachments

• prob21.CivBeyondSwordSave
    2.5 MB · Views: 63
I've uploaded save... I wanted upload minidump file but yours forum does not allow me... minidump_9396.... About version, I'm playing on v37, SVN - ? I don't know what that meaning, but if meaning about the modifiers be recalculated (popup window) then I recalculated my game always if this message appears.
Use 7zip to compress the minidump file.
The forum allows .7z files as attachments.

You are probably using v37.
If you are using the SVN you can find out what revision you have by looking at the SVN log:
Right click SVN folder → TortoiseSVN (in the context menu) → Show log

@JosEPh_II: Bug report.
I had a look at the marathon calendar, and there is something wrong there.
The date for the time victory is set to year 612.91 AD.

Spoiler Picture :
Marathon.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, there is 2 digits that are flipped and so the number of turns for 1 segment is wrong. When I reverted I failed to pick up on that as I had corrected it before the 200,000 start date. Which by the way I'm not liking very much. But it is what it is. All GS are going to go thru changes to each iTurnIncrements as the end date was discussed to be around 10,000AD. Again just an arbitrary number for date scaling. 3,000AD, 5,000AD, 7,000AD, and 10,000AD tentatively set for the new Eras.

I've not done much over the past week because I'm fighting health issues.

Ok,

Hi,

I have a problem with the game...

The game goes out to windows without any message when is the turn change (241 A.D to next turn) I installed the last patches...
renaissance era, noble, marathon speed, standard rules (without tech trade and brokering)

"Please follow the guidelines for bug reporting in the first posts in the Bugs and Crashes threads in the Bugs and Crashes sub-forum here. Aka, I need you to upload the save and verify the version you're working on etc... 'the latest patches'-does that mean you're running on the SVN version?"

About CTD...this appear when I'm waiting for other civilization, immediately after this turn (from my uploaded save)

WIN7, 64-bit, 4GB ram, 2,2GHz CPU

If I should give more information please write (Sorry, my english isn't very good)

raffi v37 has some issues that slipped thru. To always find out what version you are playing just place you cursor over your flag in the bottom right of the Main screen. The info will show up on the left side of the screen.

You state renaissance era. Is that your current era in the game? Or is that the Era you started in?

Also standard rules? Play Now set up? Or is this a Custom game?

Yes, there is 2 digits that are flipped and so the number of turns for 1 segment is wrong.
Ok, I'm guessing the 5'th entry should have been for 610 turns and not for 160 tuns. (3050 years instead of 800 years.)
I've not done much over the past week because I'm fighting health issues.
I'm sorry to hear that, hope you'll get better soon.

Ok, I'm guessing the 5'th entry should have been for 610 turns and not for 160 tuns. (3050 years instead of 800 years.)
<snip>

No. 800 years is correct time frame for Med Era as is the 160 turns. Mistake is in 2nd segment.

EDIT: I will adjust 1st 2 segments soon to get Ancient back to ~6000BC (actual 5,980BC)

EDIT2 : Done and Committed. Still much more to come over the coming weeks.

Last edited:
I upload zip file of minidump,

version (bottom-right menu): v37, bull 1.3 [build 219], c2c build 9396, RoM v2.92, Rev DCM v 2.80 pre-release, unofficial 3.19 patch v1.50+

I've started from prehistory,

standard rules, hmm. I don't remember (start about month ago, I don't have a lot of time for play), but I've choosen request complete kills so I think that is a custom game

What you want else?

Attachments

• MiniDump_9396.zip
    14.7 KB · Views: 43
another CTD when just trying to start C2C, mini and save in zip .. .(again is old save to proceed)

also a txt error (see pic)

Attachments

• MiniDump_9528.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 48
  • txt.JPG
    txt.JPG
    189.7 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
The Lascaux Cave Paintings wonder has been changed to give a "Lascaux Caves Effect" to all cities, instead of a free Cave Paintings.

The Lascaux Caves Effect does not give the same bonus to sacrificing subdues, "Add this tale to your cultural heritage," as the Cave Painting itself. Unless the Cave Paintings building has been nerfed, I'm sure this is not WAD.

Edit: And the Lascaux Caves Effect replaces Cave Paintings

Last edited:
The Lascaux Cave Paintings wonder has been changed to give a "Lascaux Caves Effect" to all cities, instead of a free Cave Paintings.

The Lascaux Caves Effect does not give the same bonus to sacrificing subdues, "Add this tale to your cultural heritage," as the Cave Painting itself. Unless the Cave Paintings building has been nerfed, I'm sure this is not WAD.

Edit: And the Lascaux Caves Effect replaces Cave Paintings
Yep. I have not finished the Effect. I need to reduce the bonus from caves and introduce one from the effect.

The problem was that some cities were getting bonuses to the action and others weren't because they did not have caves in the vicinity which made the wonder not a wonder.

edit a fix is ready to be uploaded to the SVN with my next set of changes

edit2 There is text missing for BONUS_NEANDERTHALS - just look under T in the pedia Index

Last edited:
I upload zip file of minidump,

version (bottom-right menu): v37, bull 1.3 [build 219], c2c build 9396, RoM v2.92, Rev DCM v 2.80 pre-release, unofficial 3.19 patch v1.50+

I've started from prehistory,

standard rules, hmm. I don't remember (start about month ago, I don't have a lot of time for play), but I've choosen request complete kills so I think that is a custom game

What you want else?

I can play your game. I did not update it to current SVN but kept it at the dll version you are using, SVN 9528. I played 4 turns. Your cities are Full of :mad: citizens. Many cities are in the +1000 to +1800 Crime levels. You keep trying to build Patrols but you've Neglected to build the basic Happiness giving buildings (and some of the basic Health as well). Your Civic set is very subpar for all the religions you have founded but instead are using None as in No State religion. So all the :) and :health: you would get from at least using Free Church if not State Church is not available for you to use. Secular Civic is doing nothing for you, because your State religion is No State religion.

I did not try to update to the latest SVN because it is playable as is, well kind of playable. :p Your CPU at 2.2 Ghz could be an issue for you. My CPU is 3.8Ghz.

another CTD when just trying to start C2C, mini and save in zip .. .(again is old save to proceed)

also a txt error (see pic)
I'll get on this as soon as I can.

@T-brd,
Guards and Patrols when you build them and during play do not display their Anti-Crime values like the earlier LE units do. So many players think that Patrols and Guards are somehow Recon units in that they are defense only (which of course they are) but not really for Crime control because of the missing data in their hover over. Also with out the Ant-Crime data showing no one knows how much they reduce crime when stationed in a City or even out on a city adj. tile. I myself find it hard to figure out how effective they are or are not in this regard. Hopefully they have More -crime per city tile and adj city tiles than their previous counterparts. Hopefully!

@T-brd,
Guards and Patrols when you build them and during play do not display their Anti-Crime values like the earlier LE units do. So many players think that Patrols and Guards are somehow Recon units in that they are defense only (which of course they are) but not really for Crime control because of the missing data in their hover over. Also with out the Ant-Crime data showing no one knows how much they reduce crime when stationed in a City or even out on a city adj. tile. I myself find it hard to figure out how effective they are or are not in this regard. Hopefully they have More -crime per city tile and adj city tiles than their previous counterparts. Hopefully!
Hmm... I've not seen this in-game. Can you give a screenshot where it should be showing for the hover but isn't? In the XML for the Town Watchmen (which I assume is showing correctly) :
Code:
           <PropertyManipulators>
               <PropertySource>
                   <PropertySourceType>PROPERTYSOURCE_CONSTANT</PropertySourceType>
                   <PropertyType>PROPERTY_CRIME</PropertyType>
                   <GameObjectType>GAMEOBJECT_CITY</GameObjectType>
                   <RelationType>RELATION_SAME_PLOT</RelationType>
                   <iAmountPerTurn>-6</iAmountPerTurn>
               </PropertySource>
               <PropertySource>
                   <GameObjectType>GAMEOBJECT_PLOT</GameObjectType>
                   <iAmountPerTurn>-3</iAmountPerTurn>
               </PropertySource>
           </PropertyManipulators>
For the Patrols:
Code:
           <PropertyManipulators>
               <PropertySource>
                   <iAmountPerTurn>-8</iAmountPerTurn>
               </PropertySource>
               <PropertySource>
                   <iAmountPerTurn>-4</iAmountPerTurn>
               </PropertySource>
           </PropertyManipulators>
For the Guard:
Code:
           <PropertyManipulators>
               <PropertySource>
                   <iAmountPerTurn>-10</iAmountPerTurn>
               </PropertySource>
               <PropertySource>
                   <iAmountPerTurn>-5</iAmountPerTurn>
               </PropertySource>
           </PropertyManipulators>
And for the City Guard:
Code:
           <PropertyManipulators>
               <PropertySource>
                   <iAmountPerTurn>-12</iAmountPerTurn>
               </PropertySource>
               <PropertySource>
                   <iAmountPerTurn>-6</iAmountPerTurn>
               </PropertySource>
           </PropertyManipulators>
Am I overlooking some obvious thing that would cause a problem or for one of them to not have their property manipulators not function properly? The display code is so generic that it really shouldn't be capable of showing one and not another. Not saying I don't admit anything is possible but if it's there that's going to be... very hard to figure out why.

Repeatable CTD. When trying to load my most recent save, the game crashes before the loading screen can even fill the bar. (Sorry for the three minidump files. I'm new to this. I don't know which one you need.)

I had a similar problem before. I tried updating the SVN and loading again, with the same results. And then I tried an earlier autosave and I was able to continue the game, past the year/turn of the problem. This first occurrence actually began as a CTD from in-game, and the crashes repeated when trying to load an autosave. However, the crash I'm reporting now is my save, with no problems before trying to load.

I don't know how to check what my SVN version is... (I had it on my clipboard when I updated but lost it). I last updated sometime this morning EST.

I'll try updating SVN again, and seeing if the crash persists. I'll edit this post with the new version number if it helps. Update: Yep, happened again at revision: 9562

Attachments

• Cam BC-12654.7z
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Top Bottom