Single Player bugs and crashes v37 plus (SVN) - After the 24th of December 2016

what the heck is going on??? I am in the Information Era, and like over 85% of the cities are at pop 1??? and my :rolleyes: (green) and :mad: 9red) in the cities are crazy(pic 1), 90% of the buildings since last era add :rolleyes: to every building being built(pic 2), kinda hard to get them to go DOWN and the red also, is there anyways to get buildings with a -50 green or red like in the pollution etc stuff??

Attachments

• 1 pop.JPG
    1 pop.JPG
    265 KB · Views: 104
  • green.JPG
    green.JPG
    317.6 KB · Views: 65
what the heck is going on??? I am in the Information Era, and like over 85% of the cities are at pop 1??? and my :rolleyes: (green) and :mad: 9red) in the cities are crazy(pic 1), 90% of the buildings since last era add :rolleyes: to every building being built(pic 2), kinda hard to get them to go DOWN and the red also, is there anyways to get buildings with a -50 green or red like in the pollution etc stuff??
I cant say I understand everything going on here but it appears that numeric integrity has completely collapsed due to hitting an integer overload. In short, you reached our current game limit. Some work needs to be done to resolve those soon.

I cant say I understand everything going on here but it appears that numeric integrity has completely collapsed due to hitting an integer overload. In short, you reached our current game limit. Some work needs to be done to resolve those soon.
The last time SO posted a game it was in Modern and already in that Era things were why out of hand. His Gold/Treasury was building at an astronomical rate and now he has 34 Million and making 91K a turn with research at 75% and Culture at 25%. I was afraid of this happening. And pepper still isn't done with his adding to the buildings for the late eras.

@SO, your 2nd screenie of Osaka shows a pop of 108 in the city screen, does it show 1 on the main game screen? Like the cities in your 1st screeine? Please SO post a savegame Please!

@T-brd,
Do you think perhaps we need to cut off the later eras till these problems are under control? Temporarily stop game play at end of Modern or Information Era? And I put a hard restriction on the later Eras, Ren up thru Info for gold generation? Looks like SO's game is on Epic GS.

I got a game to right before the Modern Era and I wasn't having those kinds of problems yet (Eternity GS, Prince Difficulty). I stop having to worry about gold at all sometime in the ancient era (in that game and the current one I'm playing with the same settings).

Also I have that repeatable infinite turn thing yall were talking about earlier, just hit end turn and it never gets the turn done. Its updated to 9621, I started it in 9619 or 9618 I can't remember which.

Attachments

• Pit BC-0200.CivBeyondSwordSave
    10.2 MB · Views: 45
I got a game to right before the Modern Era and I wasn't having those kinds of problems yet (Eternity GS, Prince Difficulty). I stop having to worry about gold at all sometime in the ancient era (in that game and the current one I'm playing with the same settings).

Also I have that repeatable infinite turn thing yall were talking about earlier, just hit end turn and it never gets the turn done. Its updated to 9621, I started it in 9619 or 9618 I can't remember which.

Would Please post that other game? Thanks

The last time SO posted a game it was in Modern and already in that Era things were why out of hand. His Gold/Treasury was building at an astronomical rate and now he has 34 Million and making 91K a turn with research at 75% and Culture at 25%. I was afraid of this happening. And pepper still isn't done with his adding to the buildings for the late eras.

@SO, your 2nd screenie of Osaka shows a pop of 108 in the city screen, does it show 1 on the main game screen? Like the cities in your 1st screeine? Please SO post a savegame Please!

@T-brd,
Do you think perhaps we need to cut off the later eras till these problems are under control? Temporarily stop game play at end of Modern or Information Era? And I put a hard restriction on the later Eras, Ren up thru Info for gold generation? Looks like SO's game is on Epic GS.
Might be a good idea for now.

I dont blame peppers buildings or his works. This potential has been here for a while. Mafs were previously what were keeping folks from hitting this wall.

It will take a long time to address though. Ill be looking at building stats firsr but we probably will need some extensive coding to enable yields and commerces to get a second int to expand what they can store.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I tried that but I must be doing it wrong because it split the files and I can't upload the second part because it says its not an allowed extension.

Might be a good idea for now.

I dont blame peppers buildings or his works. This potential has been here for a while. Mafs were previously what were keeping folks from hitting this wall.

It will take a long time to address though. Ill be looking at building stats firsr but we probably will need some extensive coding to enable yields and commerces to get a second int to expand what they can store.

Okay. I can comment out all Eras after Information Era. And then see what I can do to tighten Gold up more than I had previously. I just hope the New Math allows me to get the control back I had before. I have to say I have my doubts though. We shall see.

Just hope SO posts his savegame too.

Do you have a save from the turn before things started going wonky?
sorry , never really paid attention to everything, was zoning in and out, and this one has taken about 2 months now . . .

You'd think it would be pretty quickly obvious when you get all your cities suddenly dropping to 1 population... that's the strange effect I really want to see what happened with. I've not seen an int overload cause that so it's only pure theory that it could've had that effect. Without being able to see how this happened though, I could be dramatically mis-diagnosing a much more dangerous problem.

Dont know again if this is anything, but NOT a repeatable one, and i have moved on, its just a CTD . .
This is an issue with an AI unit trying to merge into a group. It has some sort of problem with the group's head unit definition but to fix this I'd need to see a repeatable case as to how it became an issue to begin with.

We've been having a lot of little problems with issues like these so I must have done something I wasn't aware you shouldn't do somewhere. Haven't found an underlying cause.

You'd think it would be pretty quickly obvious when you get all your cities suddenly dropping to 1 population... that's the strange effect I really want to see what happened with. I've not seen an int overload cause that so it's only pure theory that it could've had that effect. Without being able to see how this happened though, I could be dramatically mis-diagnosing a much more dangerous problem.

I played his game for 2 turns. The cities dropping to 1 are not his. But AI civs that are in seriously bad Unhappiness revolts and have starved down to 1 pop. 1 of those cities Aiken I think, in his screen shot has 624 red faces vs 124 :) And Crime is over +1600. Another had +2300 Crime and No LE units at all but was instead filled with 20+healer type units.

There are police units with barb flags holding most of those cities as well. And this is not the only AI civ having this problem. Some civs are doing better but even Aska who is #2 to SO has a 18 pop Capitol of Delhi and he had over 350 LE units in his Capitol + other units.

You really need to look at this savegame T-brd. From just the past hour looking at it thre are myriad other prblems as well but the main thing is the many of the AI just can not control the usage of LE units Or the building of building/wonders/etc that give Happiness.

And SO is making 92K in gold /turn but this total city Maint costs are less than 5K, but the list of income producing buldings etc runs off the page.

I have a question for you, if I were to add the iGoldmodifer we have in GameSpeedInfo.xml to the EraInfos.xml would there need to be a schema change? If not and I can add that tag to Eras I can cur down on overflowing gold as a temporary fix. But more will be needed as the whole Civics categories and city maint costs are also out of whack. Too many civics give too many breaks for unit upkeep and City maint modifiers.

Top Bottom