Single Player bugs and crashes v37 plus (SVN) - After the 24th of December 2016

Just checked the era where the error is and its someplace in the "Nano era" . . .
What kind of error are we talking about here? What might I have done incorrectly?

What kind of error are we talking about here? What might I have done incorrectly?
meaning, someone who "placed" a tech in the Nano era, put it in a wrong place, and it is crashing because of this.

Guys, I understand the symptoms, but the only tech 'placed' in that era is on its own whole column. That can't be the problem. Might be some kind of circular reference in the prereqs due to an assignment mistake though. I'll have to look at Nanotech Lifestyle for the problem I'm sure. I'll look into that asap. Later tonight.

Guys, I understand the symptoms, but the only tech 'placed' in that era is on its own whole column. That can't be the problem. Might be some kind of circular reference in the prereqs due to an assignment mistake though. I'll have to look at Nanotech Lifestyle for the problem I'm sure. I'll look into that asap. Later tonight.
T-brd this could've been here for sometime. Especially with all the Techs that pepper added here recently.

T-brd this could've been here for sometime. Especially with all the Techs that pepper added here recently.
Maybe but I would've thought it'd been found by now. I just added the gateway techs so I figure it has to be that. The one test I didn't think would be necessary was the one that was apparently, which is to set the tech tree to the farthest end and wait the 30 minutes it takes to plot it all out how to get there.

There are some icon/graphics loading bugs:
RESMGR: Texture Wheat_farm_base.dds failed to load
RESMGR: Texture shrine_Water_GLOSS.dds failed to load
RESMGR: Texture shrine_Water_GLOSS.dds failed to load
RESMGR: Texture art/interface/buttons/improvements/brane_factory.dds failed to load
RESMGR: Texture art/interface/buttons/improvements/brane_farm.dds failed to load

As for tech tree CTD it happens if you select any tech after nanotech lifestyle, even on immediate column.
Edit: Bug must be somewhere in Information era - game crashed when I wanted to select all techs from this period.

Last edited:
Yo!

It's me, having an issue processing the turn, though JosEPh has made me wonder about my map. It's version 3.5 and I don't see any changes on the UEM thread, but maybe I've missed something?

Remember too you are playing a Modmod scenario. Pit Has made changes to the files for his UEM.

I'll attach a save just in case, basically the main reason why I believe this to be a bug is that usually during the end of turn process you can tell that it's processing as the "waiting for other civilisations..." line and other animations are stuttering. At some point the animations start running smoothly, and from the previous turn time being under a minute to well, I think I left it running for at least half an hour at one point, it doesn't seem right.

I'd be grateful for your input guy's,

Thanks

Attachments

• O'Brien.zip
    9 MB · Views: 46
Foreign Advisor error: anytime u select it this happens . . might be over the amount to be used???

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 138, in showForeignAdvisorScreen

File "CvExoticForeignAdvisor", line 330, in interfaceScreen

File "CvExoticForeignAdvisor", line 352, in drawContents

File "CvExoticForeignAdvisor", line 1218, in drawResourceDeals

IndexError: list index out of range
ERR: Python function showForeignAdvisorScreen failed, module CvScreensInterface

Attachments

• forgeign advisor.JPG
    forgeign advisor.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 38
Yo!

It's me, having an issue processing the turn, though JosEPh has made me wonder about my map. It's version 3.5 and I don't see any changes on the UEM thread, but maybe I've missed something?

I'll attach a save just in case, basically the main reason why I believe this to be a bug is that usually during the end of turn process you can tell that it's processing as the "waiting for other civilisations..." line and other animations are stuttering. At some point the animations start running smoothly, and from the previous turn time being under a minute to well, I think I left it running for at least half an hour at one point, it doesn't seem right.

Thanks
I'll look at it soon. I can usually fix these.
Foreign Advisor error: anytime u select it this happens . . might be over the amount to be used???

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "CvScreensInterface", line 138, in showForeignAdvisorScreen

File "CvExoticForeignAdvisor", line 330, in interfaceScreen

File "CvExoticForeignAdvisor", line 352, in drawContents

File "CvExoticForeignAdvisor", line 1218, in drawResourceDeals

IndexError: list index out of range
ERR: Python function showForeignAdvisorScreen failed, module CvScreensInterface
I would bet this is the same bug as has been mentioned with hats, just a new manifestation of it. Something is wrong with the icon art on some of the bonuses, hats being one.

I would bet this is the same bug as has been mentioned with hats, just a new manifestation of it. Something is wrong with the icon art on some of the bonuses, hats being one.
I doubt they are related, nothing in the error message and python code related to it indicates that.
From what I saw in the code it looked like the one who designed the python never imagined there would ever be so many bonuses available for trade.

New game and in early Ancient Era with Hats, Saddles, and Woodwind instruments with no Icons and large lettering, (so far in the Resource tab right panel in city screen).

I doubt they are related, nothing in the error message and python code related to it indicates that.
From what I saw in the code it looked like the one who designed the python never imagined there would ever be so many bonuses available for trade.
It was an attempt to get it to support more but then C2C added even more and it did not get changed to pass the second hard limit.

Yo!

Thanks
I'm very sorry but this does not hang for me. I cannot even guess as to why. perhaps you need to update to the latest SVN assets?

How come spies cant enter either Barbarian or Neanderthals cities??

EDIT: Also i "barely" made it to the Classical era, and then i get this notice about another civ made it to the Ren Era, W T F . . . . .

Attachments

• spy.JPG
    spy.JPG
    339.9 KB · Views: 72
  • Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    344.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I'm very sorry but this does not hang for me. I cannot even guess as to why. perhaps you need to update to the latest SVN assets?

Thanks for the test,

Yeah the save was made somewhere around 9744, had tried 9748 but will try the latest.

If that doesn't work I guess I will try making a fresh mod folder, hopefully something's gone a miss there.

Thanks

In my eternity game, on the latest SVN; Captive - Military gives the wrong resource amount for rushing buildings. It looks like it's been reset to normal game speed resource amount.

+29 resources for a size 2 city, considering that a flint quarry needs 358 resources, this has made the captive next to useless.

The same is the case with the treasure - +310 resources in a size 21 city.

I haven't checked if the same is the case with the captive - civilian or the buildable rush units, but it might be a good idea to check if it is the case.

Top Bottom