1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v38 plus (SVN) - After the 20th of February 2018

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Ah, I misunderstood your first post, I thought you meant the animal shows up on the next game turn.
    The recalc thing I mentioned was just a way to prove the bug with a save game that you could upload, so that TB could load the save, look at the unit in question, and hit recalc to see the animal become visible and thus proving the bug in action making it easier to debug.
    I was just outlining a way for you to report a bug properly, it was not advice for how you should play the game.

If the animal shows up after you hit wait/fortify/sleep a unit, then the bug may not be possible to prove with a save game as loading a save probably makes the animal visible without a recalc...
    Another char that the game don't support: ś

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  2. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Why did you re-enable this particular culture overflow bug?

With No Espionage game option, a city needs to accumulate 32 000 000 culture to reach monumental culture level on eternity gamespeed.
    That is because the No Espionage gameoption doubles the needed culture to reach a cultural level.

I'm pretty sure TB's latest change doesn't increase the upper limit of total culture that a city can accumulate, it increases the total culture that a nation can get. Meaning the total culture of all cities put together.
    Latest SVN:
    Code:
    int CvGame::getCultureThreshold(CultureLevelTypes eLevel) const
    {
        int iThreshold = GC.getCultureLevelInfo(eLevel).getSpeedThreshold(getGameSpeedType());
        if (isOption(GAMEOPTION_NO_ESPIONAGE))
        {
            //Alberts2: made this a long because a integer overflow is possible here.
            long lThreshold = iThreshold;
            lThreshold *= 100 + GC.getDefineINT("NO_ESPIONAGE_CULTURE_LEVEL_MODIFIER");
            lThreshold /= 100;
            iThreshold = std::min((long)INT_MAX, lThreshold);
        }
        return iThreshold;
    }
    NO_ESPIONAGE_CULTURE_LEVEL_MODIFIER = 100

3. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

There should be no problem with cities overflowing at 100000 culture per turn as cities should never be capable of that. This only works to protect against national culture totals overflowing. Not local.

4. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

Well then city will never reach that level with "no espionage" option - it will cap out at ~21 000 000 culture, as this is a thing for a while.
    I started game on Eternity with No Espionage option and yeah looks like it causes some glith.
    Spoiler :

Civ4BeyondSword 2019-04-19 17-21-21-06.jpg

I can revert change then.

So city can't accumulate culture anymore if it would gain more than 100 000 culture per turn?
    I guess I can't test national culture quickly.

5. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

There's a good reason why that cultural level was commented out, and that reason was explained in the comment.
    The culture needed for Monumental culture will be a random number, as there will be an integer overflow every time the dll calculates its value.

6. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

It was generic warning about overflow, I didn't knew that No Espionage option doubles requirements for culture levels.

Since you can't get more than 21 000 000 culture in city I thought it would be simply unreachable or something without any other consequences.

7. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Its not a new limit, just an undiscovered one that results from the use of decimals without any protections from overflow in that spot since its beyond expected needs.

raxo2222 likes this.
  8. T-6000

T-6000 Chieftain

I reverted to 10523 (figured it was a long shot but might as well try), no dice. Would you mind posting a save from the start of the next turn? I'm curious whether it'll keep crashing for me; whether it's some weird setting or error I have breaking things on a save that's perfectly fine, or whether it's something going a bit wonky with the file or game data itself that my copy can't handle for whatever reason.

9. MattCA

MattCA Chieftain

I think I checked yours first so I probly don't have. im gonna run your save 1 more time

10. MattCA

MattCA Chieftain

I don't know if you want to play that save. I forgot to turn autosave on so this is like 3 or 4 turns later and I wasn't really playing.
    so this isn't a repeatable right? maybe im not getting crash because im not playing - just ending turn

Attached Files:

11. T-6000

T-6000 Chieftain

Thanks, I've played 5-ish turns and no repeat of the crash so far (though the worldbuilder still isn't a fan of me prodding at Denmark's cities with the erase tool). I think I'll have a go at carrying on with it, if the crash comes back I might have to write off the game but I figure it's worth a shot.

12. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

BTW, I've seen a logic flaw I made in the calculation to the next level after 1 million is needed. Just in case someone wants to call me on it, I already know its there and I plan to address it very soon.

raxo2222 likes this.
  13. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Re-peatable CTD - - mini and save in zip . . crash in near end of turn if that helps / /

Attached Files:

14. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

Looks like Noble AI is finally better than you.

You are half of era behind calendar.
    All AIs except one is in Industrial era - tech leader is in Atomic era.
    You have TD and or WFL on, so everyone is very close to each other tech wise.
    You could have like 5 or 6 more cities on your territory.

This must be interesting game.

How long turn times are in this game?

This save has food display bug - I suspect food changing traits have improperly formatted food related texts in code.
    Same thing is happening with great people.
    Spoiler :

Civ4BeyondSword 2019-04-20 16-41-40-39.jpg

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  15. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

As with all crashes, I will look at it as soon as I can.

@raxo2222 I have those bugs on the shortlist to address.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    raxo2222 likes this.
  16. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

1.8 minutes

raxo2222 likes this.
  17. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

Not bad for this stage.
    Since space maps (ones with Large Earth variant) have similar amount of AIs and ~10% smaller Earth map, then turn times would be 1.5 - 2 minutes per turn when player researches Advanced Rocketry :D.
    Kation is remaking smaller spacemaps - those would have even shorter turn times.

You could browse internet for a bit while turn is processed, just have windowed mode enabled so you can alt+tab quickly.

KaTiON_PT likes this.
  18. Brinderan

Brinderan Chieftain

Developing Leaders requires a million more culture than normal for the first trait. 20190421175736_1.jpg

19. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

You need to update to latest SVN version. T-brd fixed this with 10542.

EDIT:

20. Brinderan

Brinderan Chieftain

I am on the latest revision (10545).