1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v38 plus (SVN) - After the 20th of February 2018

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Chieftain

It is a bug for your earliest hunter units since the settings as are only allow 2 promotions before you reach the limit and tyhe promotion to go beyond that requires two promotions so you can't get it and go beyond...

Not a problem later on and yes the Hunter Review will fix the problem for hunter line units.
    I'll look into them.

Some building costs seem a bit off still.

If a building is showing in tech X but requires a later tech as well. Is it getting the cost from the tech with the highest column number? Example is Hydro insisted that a number of buildings show up in the Shelter Building tech on the tech tree but you can't build them until you get a much later tech. These buildings should be getting the cost from the later techs not shelter building.

Early religion buildings are still a bit off but I think I can fix that mostly. In standard BtS the cost and tech the buildings show is defined via the special building tag. All we need do is have a new set of special buildings for the early religions eg all temple level buildings at Animism, temple 2 (monastery) at ?? and cathedral at ???. ​

MlnwY and Toffer90 like this.
  2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

The rule of establishment in the XML was something I tried to enforce also, which is that the most advanced tech is always the first tech prereq. Thus they SHOULD all be based on the most advanced technology. This may not always be the case but I laboriously checked as I went and aligned to that method.

Right, they should be costed on the most advanced of their techs and the most advanced tech should be the one in the primary tech slot.

Note the rules that were used to cost them as stated in the last post of the recosting thread. They match build cost ratios perfectly to the standard religions. There's a few religions that perhaps shouldn't be cost to standard rates because of how advanced they are in tech placement (I'm not talking about the ones that are obviously far too advanced, just talking about the gray zone where the range of 'standard' is defined).

Let me know if you need me to find the thread for you on that.

3. Dancing Hoskuld

That explains why the buildings are way too cheap. The primary tech slot is the one used to show the building on the tech tree. It is not the most advanced tech. :( Hydro and others insisted it be that way even though I and one other complained that it would be better to have the building on the tech that actually let you build it.
    It is a problem with the three early religions. The cathedral buildings provide national wonder level benefits to the single city but are way to cheap.

4. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

After I went through it should be now. Again, some might've been missed but generally speaking if there were multiple techs, it was at least COST to the most advanced one. There could be some that weren't checked closely enough.

Maybe the benefits should be toned down a little anyhow? Or actually made to BE national wonders.

5. Dancing Hoskuld

If I make them National Wonders then they will apply to all cities rather than the one they are in only. I don't think anyone wants that:lol:

6. Dancing Hoskuld

I was trying the option "Downsizing". Upgraded my Tribal Guardian to a Watcher now I have more money than I have ever seen in C2C:lol:

No save from before unfortunately.

BtW I have seen my first Lemur in game since we put them in. They only spawn in the area of Madagascar.

edit warning there are errors in a number of schema files this may be causing some strangeness. I got the validator working again.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  7. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

@Thunderbrd ; is the "downsizing is profitable" option connected to upgrade cost in any way? If not, maybe there's an issue with upgrading units that has a <iCost> of -1 like the tribal guardian have?

8. Dancing Hoskuld

Two of the errors may be something in my new set up. They are
    Code:
    E:\Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\XML\Gameoptions_CIV4GameText.xml:7,2: Cannot load the schema for the namespace 'http://www.firaxis.com' - Could not find a part of the path 'E:\Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Schema\Civ4Gametext.xsd'.

for every file in XML\TEXT and
    Code:
    E:\Games\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\XML\GameInfo\CIV4CivicInfos.xml:7,17: Cannot load the schema for the namespace 'x-schema:C2C_CIV4GameInfoSchema.xml' - The ' ' character, hexadecimal value 0x20, cannot be included in a name.

for every file in XML\GameInfo

9. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Are you serious? Already the ability to ignore all unhealth (even only in one city) from buildings is an effect equivalent to something greater than a world wonder should give. That's like ... team project level.

Let me try to explain this from another angle... eliminating all unhealth from buildings eliminates all unhealth from disease. Eliminating all unhealth from population isn't QUITE as strong but it's still getting rid of a hell of a lot. Even at a measly 10 population that's -10 unhealth and for a building to have that much impact, even if it's just into the Ancient where you start hitting that kind of population, and then has so much more yet to continue to offer thereafter, that's clearly more than most wonders, which might give -2 unhealth to each city and that's supposed to be a lot.

But back to the cost of the building, we have not yet adjusted costs for size of building or intricacy of the architecture or, most pertinently in this case, strength of game effect. Any of those can create reasonable cause for a modifier.

All I would ask is for said modifiers to be declared in the charts. You can see on the extension buildings how I've noted the cause for modifiers in those cases on this chart: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...hL2AqhHDx5uUU6gFfFLCx5rgbw/edit#gid=363765819 which is our central costing document.

Would you be able to mark that chart url as a favorite and kindly note reasons for adjustments here and give those adjustments a % and calculate out the final result from that adjustment % so that similar reasons can maintain the same % adjustments? If so, I welcome your edits to building costs - because at that point we've logged WHY the cost is as it stands and we can discuss those why's when we see something that seems unfitting to one of us.

No this is probably to do with the train cost evaluation bug as described earlier. The tribal guardian doesn't have an era because it doesn't have a prereq tech. It MIGHT be bugged for TGs but I think it has more to do with the production cost which is calculating out horrifically right now.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  10. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

As World Wonders, x6 is the standard. If they were National Wonders, they'd be x2. Group Wonders are at x4. Looking them up on the charts, they check out as correct.

11. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

is anyone else having problems updating , i cant update any longer in the SVN??

had to delete my folder completely and start a new repository, i believe now the update works. .

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  12. Dancing Hoskuld

No problems here.

13. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

had to delete my folder completely and start a new repository, i believe now the update works. .

14. Dancing Hoskuld

With the latest SVN all Civics Anarchy is zero even when the hover over says it should be 4

15. Raledon

Raledon Chieftain

Wasn't aware there's a difference between group wonders and world wonders. Good to know

16. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

This was not shared that I know of.

It also explains why the order of the early buildings and their costs changed so radically After the Re-Costing was done. Buildings that were 1st line buildings suddenly became too costly to build until much later in the preh Era. This also helps explains why the AI is able to leap ahead so quickly. Because if you the player use the Pathing given by clicking on a later desired Tech, you will always be behind the AI. They seem to be able to bypass this routing.

17. Raledon

Raledon Chieftain

horse breeders (and possible others) got a cost of 1
    EDIT2: After some time, the cost of these units rose to 1624. Not sure why.
    It seems missionaries suffer from the same fate.​
    EDIT: In addition, the Akavi unit seems to be an arsonist that costs more with less power. I assume it's a bug, as there is no reason for a cultural unit to be worse than the base.
    EDIT3: It cutting a jungle underneath its improvement will show it gives +1 food. It won't take into account the removal of the improvement.

18. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I'm not sure you're understanding what that comment was saying. The most advanced tech needed for a building or unit didn't change, it just became the basis for costing the building or unit. We're not talking about OR prereqs but AND prereqs. If there is a more advanced OR prereq than it comes up as secondary but generally buildings and units aren't given these kinds of options very often if ever. It's not really a first line building if you have to have an x10 grid tech to get it, is it?

19. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Strange that the text is wrong...
    A lot of civics are set to 0 base cost (in its civicInfo.xml entry) which should probably be increased by 1. I removed the 1 turn that was defined in global defines because that one turn influenced the anarchy time of language civics; and many players want those to be anarchy free on all gamespeeds. After I reduced the global to zero I did test in game that there was anarchy time when switching to metals currency in a normal speed game.

Which civics had 0 turns, but that should in your opinion have more, I'll tweak it for ya.

20. Raledon

Raledon Chieftain

I'm not entirely sure, but it appears mercenary stables is bugged, one way or another.
    It requires the mercenary camp building instead of an actual tech, so in terms of production and "availability", it opens at the end of the prehistoric era.
    The expected behavior is that it'll be opened at the same time as the mercenary camp, thus costing and being available at around the same time.