1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v38 plus (SVN) - After the 20th of February 2018

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Feb 24, 2018.

1. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

No Raledon it's a building chain. You have to have the MC before you can build the MS. And who's expected behavior? Was never the modder's design who made them.

2. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Chieftain

In my last few games I am starting with an income of -1 per turn and have to drop my research to 60% to cover the loss. Snail speed, huge map, Noble difficulty.

3. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Sorry but why? The Civics, as of SVN 9943, are working as designed in the Preh Era. At least they are on Epic GS and Immortal Handicap. I'm not sure where or what DH is looking at though. Just know from play last night and today on a new game that they are fine in the Preh Era and are costing 1 Anarchy turn in Ancient Era.

4. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

That was the Palace change from 10 start :gold: down to 6. Toffer has been informed.

5. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

This is what I'm replying to.

6. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

That is fixed on my end, will commit it today, made palace reduce maintenance in city by 40% instead of the current 10%. This will result in a 0 maintenance cost until you reach population 2 or 3 (not sure which), giving you time to get some buildings that increase gold income.

7. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Not seeing the problem you say exists. The original build costs in prehistoric wasn't based on a rule driven platform but was just assigned at whim so of course there's changes that took place.

8. Snofru1

Snofru1 Chieftain

Automatic Hunt doesn´t work anymore. I have set the limit of attack to 90% but the units just don´t attack, even if they have a 100% chance to survive. This has still worked a few days ago but already didn´t work on the SVN from yesterday (sorry that I can´t be more precise).

9. Shoobs

Shoobs Chieftain

Are they close to unexplored terrain? Are you just looking at single turn behavior or longer term? What units are you using?

10. alberts2

alberts2 Chieftain

The current WorldInfos XML uses the iGrowthPercent tag but that tag doesn't exist for WorldInfo.

11. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

It works though, I tested it. I'll have to test it again to be sure....
    Edit: Nope, I must have changed some other setting by mistake when I tested it a couple of years back.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  12. alberts2

alberts2 Chieftain

There is not even code to read it from the XML.
    The same goes for the iWarWearinessModifier tag used in GameSpeedInfo by the way.

13. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Yeah, I derped; tested it again and it didn't work. Wonder why I thought it worked when I tested it a couple of years ago.

14. raxo2222

raxo2222 Warlord

There is no difference in required food for city growth when I checked duel and gigantic map sizes.
    Maybe you got trait or something, that changed it?

15. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

You know what, that's probably what threw me off when I tested it way back, I probably started games with random leader.

I'll remove those tags non-existing tags from the xml asap.

raxo2222 likes this.
  16. Snofru1

Snofru1 Chieftain

Thsi happens with hunter units in open terrain and with ships hunting for fish and sea birds and also with a Warlord Captain trying to kill everything inside foreign lands of a poorly developped opponent (e.g. ignoring a Stone Maceman). They simply walk around and do nothing.

17. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

What happens if you turn that limit down? It may be that the AI is trying too hard to make sure it's worth making the attack. (putting too much stock on the value of taking that tile or something.)

18. Shoobs

Shoobs Chieftain

Yeah, I run it at 80% myself and sometimes things get skipped over once in a while, even if it should be an automatic win. Is this happening across multiple turns or just single turns?

19. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I really don't know. Koshling added a value assessment to the odds consideration for a final willingness to attack calculation so its not all about odds.

20. Shoobs

Shoobs Chieftain

I was asking the other guy, I am aware there's something else going on behind the scenes at times to try to help get information.