1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v38 plus (SVN) - After the 20th of February 2018

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Exactly. I keep trying to introduce interesting and different units and you go and make them the same as all the others:lol:. Just like you did with the initial rhino unit.

2. Nakkimunakas

Nakkimunakas Chieftain

SVN 10069

Making changes in the domestic advisor screen aren't being saved when you reload the game like it was in the older versions at some point.

Attached Files:

3. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

You need to delete CustomDomAdv folder in UserSettings, so things would be saved.

I use SVN, so I forced it to completely ignore this folder, so nothing is put back in it.

@Toffer90 can you look at this, so we don't have to delete or ignore (SVN users) CustomDomAdv folder in user settings, if we want to save changes to custom advisor?
    Essentially it is suggestion for non-SVN players. I think its something related to Python.

Python file, that controls loading and saving custom domestic advisor is here:
    \Caveman2Cosmos\Assets\Python\Screens\CvCustomizableDomesticAdvisor.py

It appears folder with default custom advisor was added in 2016 by DH, and this is incompatible with current way of saving changes in custom domestic advisor.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  4. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

If it is not there it breaks for people not using English. If you are using English you have to delete it before you save.

5. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Thats why I tagged Toffer, so he would make python code responsible for this more robust.
    Essentially it would save to and load from
    UserSettings/CustomDomAdv/CustomDomAdv.txt (English, default file for languages other than German and Italian)
    UserSettings/CustomDomAdv/CustomDomAdv_ger.txt (If German language is selected)
    UserSettings/CustomDomAdv/CustomDomAdv_ita.txt (If Italian language is selected)
    UserSettings/CustomDomAdv/WS_CustomDomAdv.txt (Not sure what this one do)
    depending on language.

Now it saves to
    UserSettings/CustomDomAdv.txt

and loads from
    UserSettings/CustomDomAdv/CustomDomAdv.txt
    if this folder is present.

6. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

38.5 is now available for download. this is the one that should have been the 38.0 release . . .

7. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

I'll look into it, the SVN should ideally not contain the userSettings folder at all.
    The userSetting folder was empty in the SVN a couple of public releases ago, I think I get the reason why DH added those files to the SVN, something related to languages and saving/loading correct user setting file for the domestic advisor.
    Again, I'll look into it.

raxo2222 likes this.
  8. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I'm not sure how giving them the most unique ability in the game is 'making them the same as all the others.'

9. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

There should be some kind of default user settings. One of the best ways to get the no user interface bug coming up is to let someone start without any user settings folder definitions by default. Of course, if that happens they can initialize the folder and defaults at least by starting a play now game first then they can set things up as they wish them later.

10. strategyonly

couple of things???

1. Police Mech and Sentinel cant "capture" throw out criminals?? pic 1/2

2. Dont know what the sleuth is but it cant do criminals either?? pic 3

3. what is the "magsail" used for i dont see that it can do anything at all, no options in the btn area for anything??? pic 4

Attached Files:

11. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Are any of those criminals 'wanted'? No LE unit can arrest a criminal that isn't wanted yet. Just because you see them doesn't mean you can prove them guilty enough to be arrested.

The Sleuth promos are there to help you investigate them so that they can become 'wanted'. It doesn't make them automatically able to arrest criminals.

3) no idea.

12. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

This is space unit.
    It doesn't do anything on Earth, and you need space map to use it.

There are several space units, that you can build on Earth.
    Space Shuttle, Heavy Rocket, Satellite, Solar Sail, Magsail and few more
    I think I should add tip saying, that those units shouldn't be built if you aren't playing on space map.

I saw, that you built other space rated units too in your save. Those don't do anything on earth, you need space map scenario for them to have any use.

Here are all space units buildable on Earth.
    Spoiler :

Civ4BeyondSword 2018-06-12 07-25-45-75.jpg Civ4BeyondSword 2018-06-12 07-26-15-26.jpg Civ4BeyondSword 2018-06-12 07-26-05-59.jpg Civ4BeyondSword 2018-06-12 07-26-40-66.jpg Civ4BeyondSword 2018-06-12 07-26-49-52.jpg Civ4BeyondSword 2018-06-12 07-44-51-21.jpg Civ4BeyondSword 2018-06-12 07-45-04-33.jpg Civ4BeyondSword 2018-06-12 08-01-29-78.jpg

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  13. Nakkimunakas

Nakkimunakas Chieftain

SVN 10069
    Workers are easy to exploit in diplomacy trade. They are way too valuable and you can get techs for just a couple workers in trade.

14. strategyonly

Getting this "replicator plant" every time BACK no matter how many time i build it, in the Galactic era . . .

Attached Files:

15. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

I fixed it - it wasn't replaced by atomic and quantum assembler, which replace molecular assembler.

I see you are in Cosmic era now.

@pepper2000 I modified your module.
    Those assemblers needs streamlining and strong :hammers: boost by the way.
    There is not much difference between 1000% and 1005% base boost.

strategyonly likes this.
  16. pepper2000

pepper2000 King

OK, thanks. I'm not sure how much more production boost Earth buildings need in the late game. I find that cities with automated production typically clear out the build lists or come very close in the Cosmic Era.

17. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

There's a global that can adjust the trade value of workers by a percentage. I just put it in play last cycle. I don't play nor advocate playing with tech trading if I can avoid it so I wouldn't see how this plays out.

@raxo2222 : do you know where this global is?

18. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

I was talking about line, that starts with epsilon assembler.
    Production boost would be most useful in Information - Galactic era, as a lot of buildings appears here.
    If Earth buildings appears in Cosmic/Transcendent eras, then it takes their time to get built.
    So I suggest:
    Epsilon Assembler - +25:hammers: and +25%:hammers:
    Delta Assembler - +50:hammers: and +50%:hammers:
    Gamma Assembler - +75:hammers: and +75%:hammers:
    Beta Assembler - +100:hammers: and +100%:hammers:
    Alpha Assembler - +125:hammers: and +125%:hammers:
    Omega Assembler - +150:hammers: and +150%:hammers: (requires one of four matter assemblers)
    Aleph Assembler - +175:hammers: and +175%:hammers:
    Those don't replace each other.
    Or those just would be percentage increase, that is additive increase of base boost.

Molecular Assembler - +75%:hammers: (replaces Replicator Plant (+25%) and Nanobotic Printing Mill (+35%) - 60% base)
    Atomic Assembler - +100%:hammers:
    Quantum Assembler +150%:hammers:
    Materializer - +300%:hammers:
    Molecular assembler is replaced by atomic assembler, that gets replaced by quantum assembler and it gets replaced by materializer.
    Those production boosts represent vast advances in matter manipulation.
    Can Omega assembler require Alpha assembler instead of one of four matter assemblers?
    Similarly Aleph Assembler would require Omega Assembler.
    Molecular assembler would be simple extension to Alpha assembler, Atomic and Quantum assemblers would be extension to Omega Assembler and Materializer would be extension to Aleph assembler.

There is bug, that hides things even if you have all "hide X" BUG options unselected.
    If you unhide all things, then stuff should be there even if it grayed out.
    I think game gets confused by circular OR prereq.
    That is Atomic Assembler is one of OR prereqs for Omega assembler, but Atomic Assembler needs Omega assembler.

Its in global defines.
    Probably this one - I just searched for "worker" in files :p
    <DefineName>WORKER_TRADE_VALUE_PERCENT_ADJUSTMENT</DefineName>
    <iDefineIntVal>-50</iDefineIntVal>

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  19. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

That's it. Perhaps it still needs to come down some.

raxo2222 likes this.
  20. BlueGenie

BlueGenie Emperor

Question:

With the changes to healing with per people, ships, and animals, have the Heroic and Priestly promotions granting extra heal also been updated? If not they are just sitting there doing nothing.