1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v38 plus (SVN) - After the 20th of February 2018

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Dancing Hoskuld, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Uses of the old healing tags work as they used to with the exception that you still need to consider the amount of units that the healing unit can help. Those old healing tags allow the unit to heal all types of units, but it doesn't enable any counts of units that they can help so they need to be combined with something that will give your healing unit an 'amount of units' that it can heal in a round.

Sol let's say you have a unit that has +3% Heal. You'll still need to get it to also have an amount of units it can heal per round which defaults at 0. So it would still have to be promoted into something that gives that.

IIRC this is how it goes but I could be wrong and the old tag completely counts as it used to, helping to heal all units on the tile if its the most beneficial local modifier.

2. BlueGenie

BlueGenie Emperor

Old tag for Heroes doesn't help at all as no Hero can gain the "help this many in healing" promotions. Those are only given to health care units. I think. Either way a "Priest" Hero supposedly adding 15% healing doesn't add any healing.

3. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

May be true. It was never intended to allow the old tag to continue being in use anyhow. Someone needs to correct that imo.

4. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

@pepper2000 can I do these changes to assemblers?
    Those buildings are showing advancement of ability of matter manipulation.

5. JohnnyCamel

JohnnyCamel Chieftain

Hello,

Don't know if it's a known bug : in game, pressing ALT+O won't open the game option screen.
    Other usual shortcuts work : CTRL+ALT+O for BUG options, CTRL+SHIFT+Q for the start of game pop up.

6. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

That would really suck for someone that doesn't have a mouse that can click to open up the menu panel and then make selections from there.

7. pepper2000

pepper2000 King

Yeah, go ahead.

raxo2222 likes this.
  8. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I can confirm this is happening. I am getting a screen/camera twist instead. I am not using Toffers mod but just the basic C2C.

9. AquaDuck

AquaDuck Chieftain

CTRL+O has always been the keyboard shortcut for game options, ALT+O the one for straight-down view of the map (think 'O' for 'overhead view').

10. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Changes done.
    Now they are nice boosts and Omega assembler is less confusing for players and game.

Spoiler :

All "particle" assemblers and Alpha/Omega/Alpeh assemblers were in your module.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  11. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

I guess its error in description then.

It seems someone didn't drink coffee today.

Spoiler :

Civ4BeyondSword 2018-06-24 11-22-35-45.jpg

ctrl+at+o is game options.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  12. JohnnyCamel

JohnnyCamel Chieftain

Sorry I must be confused... I thought it was possible to access Game option through an in-game screen (to turn off/on city razing, for instance). I couldn't find a way to access those options in-game (CTRL+ALT+O opened the BUG option, which doesn't seem to cover everything), however it was possible from World builder.

13. AquaDuck

AquaDuck Chieftain

CTRL+ALT+O is BUG game options; the SHFT+CTRL+Q dialogue just calls those "game options"
    CTRL+O is basic Civ 4 game options, the one from the game menu (accessed in-game by ESC key or icon in upper right corner)
    The CTRL+O options just cover things like showing enemy moves, graphics and sound settings, and setting an alarm; good if you're like me and lose track of time while playing!
    @JohnnyCamel: yeah, city razing is one you need to set during game set up or use the World Builder

Attached Files:

14. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

Spartacus is not working correctly??? I believe ur only supposed to get him IF u have Rome as a culture??

Attached Files:

15. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

It keeps switching. Part of the problem is that if you build a colosseum before you build Rome then you wont get him either.

He is not a Roman Hero in the sense that other Culture heroes are defined. Currently he is a building unit, ie one provided when you build something. In the same way as Crusader units are.

In my view you should only get him if you are running Slavery World View and have Gladiator Schools.

16. DC0

DC0 Warlord

SVN 10119
    Event "Villagers found a source of fine clay in this riverbed" doesn't give Fine Clay resource.

Neanderthal Trained Dogs unit is exactly the same as Trained Dogs, but costs twice as much.

17. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Known problem. As far as I can see the event code is identical to others that place a resource but it just doesn't.

18. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

r u sure it doesnt look like "marble"??

<NIF>Art/Terrain/Resources/Clay/Marble.nif</NIF>

19. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

That's right. The Neanderthals aren't as good at training them and they are no stronger than any other dog.

20. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

That is because the artist who made the fine clay resource based it off of the marble one but did not change the name of the .nif file. Since the name is also embedded in the other related graphics files changing it afterward is no easy task.