Single Player bugs and crashes v39 plus (SVN) - After the 20th of July 2019

ok here's a weird one for ya?????

the 2 mule workers i have circled will not move unless manually BUT they still will NOT do anything but just sit there, i tired to build a road but again they just sit there and wont even move?????
they r right next to my capital . . . .
That is what I keep running into
Bug in CvUnit::m_iExtraWorkPercent, uninitialized variable

:deadhorse:Those **** workers. Using 10967, fresh game. Will revert, and hopefully I will remember the steps to undo the revert.
You had a corrupt plot that will never get trail built due to the extra worker build rate bug. You'll need to restart a new game after a fix has come....

Okay, I'll hold off starting any new games until the fix is released. I thought it was fixed in 10966, but I misunderstood. Thank you for your help.

Okay, I'll hold off starting any new games until the fix is released. I thought it was fixed in 10966, but I misunderstood. Thank you for your help.
Actually, because it will be ridiculous to have to restart a well-developed game, I'll make it instead fix the corrupt plot build-progress counter (if a negative number has been stored, reset it to zero), then you don't need to create a new game.

Thank you. I had a well developed game affected.

Actually, because it will be ridiculous to have to restart a well-developed game, I'll make it instead fix the corrupt plot build-progress counter (if a negative number has been stored, reset it to zero), then you don't need to create a new game.
So until this is done updating past SVN 10957 is basically futile.

Not a good idea because CvUnit::m_iExtraWorkPercent could actually contain valid negative values.

Good thing is that none of the promotions or unitcombat classes have iWorkRateModifier defined, so I can simply set them to zero from reading. (For now)
Good to know but when we break the save compatiblity that hack should be removed again.

- Topkapi Palace effect is unclear and say something about "20% chance ti train vassal's unique unit"
- Lascaux paints give a free building in all cities. This building los all his effects, but never go obsolete. But because the wonder goes obsolete, you still lose these buildings.... And because Lascaux Effect replace Rock Art, you have an useless Rock Art building in the bildable list... Better make this wonder not obsolete.
- Myth (Horse) Give +1 science, -1 with writing and -1 with equine domestication, froa total of -1 science....And it requires palace, like in the old time
- A small bug with a viking city name (see picture)

Attachments

• Sans titre3.png
    Sans titre3.png
    128.3 KB · Views: 58
Last update I am using is 10957 with the Dll build being 10956. Every time I load up my save game (3 times now) to continue it wants a Re-Calc. Apparently something is resetting the assets values somewhere in assets to trigger this. Because the Dll has not changed for this game.

Is this a carry over from Anq's failed attempts in BuildingClass and other areas like CvUnit::m_iExtraWorkPercent? Or is Re-Calc itself got a bug in it now?

If any coder needs a save game just say so and I'll post the latest.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0137.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0137.JPG
    470.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Civ4ScreenShot0138.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0138.JPG
    501.3 KB · Views: 66
  • Civ4ScreenShot0143.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0143.JPG
    500.9 KB · Views: 18
- Myth (Horse) Give +1 science, -1 with writing and -1 with equine domestication, froa total of -1 science....And it requires palace, like in the old time
That's just a display bug. It doesn't actually end up being a total of -1 research, it's just that it's only displaying the -1 Research once it's countering the original +1. I'm not sure how that works out in the code to do it that way but it's wrapped up in the all too complex totaling mechanisms for final values display.

Last update I am using is 10957 with the Dll build being 10956. Every time I load up my save game (3 times now) to continue it wants a Re-Calc. Apparently something is resetting the assets values somewhere in assets to trigger this. Because the Dll has not changed for this game.

Is this a carry over from Anq's failed attempts in BuildingClass and other areas like CvUnit::m_iExtraWorkPercent? Or is Re-Calc itself got a bug in it now?

If any coder needs a save game just say so and I'll post the latest.
That's a sign that some assets still have random numbers around, still not discovered. I'll look more closely tomorrow.

Edit: I think it's been nailed in r10960 (for the issue in post #641). It's not popping for recalc (at least for me) now.

Last edited:
Not really sure if this is a bug or just a computer showing its age. :badcomp: The game has little hiccups where it freezes for a second or two each end of turn. It even froze up a little when I exited.

Attachments

• Sean Jr BC-190528.CivBeyondSwordSave
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
Not really sure if this is a bug or just a computer showing its age. :badcomp: The game has little hiccups where it freezes for a second or two each end of turn. It even froze up a little when I exited.
I guess you have reset your UserSettings, and now the BUG option Minimize AI turn time is active. Check out the BUG options menu and in the first tab (General), you'll see this option. Try it and see the difference for yourself.

I always have that checked. Are you telling me to uncheck it or leave it checked?

- Topkapi Palace effect is unclear and say something about "20% chance ti train vassal's unique unit"
- Lascaux paints give a free building in all cities. This building los all his effects, but never go obsolete. But because the wonder goes obsolete, you still lose these buildings.... And because Lascaux Effect replace Rock Art, you have an useless Rock Art building in the bildable list... Better make this wonder not obsolete.
- A small bug with a viking city name (see picture)
Topkapi Palace should be removed the code for it was never written. What it should do is enable you to build any Cultural units your vassal has even if you don't have that Culture.

The Lascaux wonder is indeed a problem at the moment many modders doing stuff at the same time to the same area. It has been a problem for quite awhile and recent attempts to fix it have made things worse. It is the reason people think subdued animals are over powered. It seems to have been grouped with some other wonders but the wrong ones. There should be a set of group wonders solely to do with art.
That's just a display bug. It doesn't actually end up being a total of -1 research, it's just that it's only displaying the -1 Research once it's countering the original +1. I'm not sure how that works out in the code to do it that way but it's wrapped up in the all too complex totaling mechanisms for final values display.
Sorry but you misread there TB;) Myth (Horse) is one of the ones that has not been updated it does give +1:science: and then later a total of -2:science: .

tried the Inquisitor for the 1st time, and i dont believe it is working?? it says as in the pic, that it will remove all NON-state religions, so i did next turn and they r still ALL there???
besides i believe it should be set to remove just the "religions" that u dont want and not all, IMPO...

EDIT: i wanted to see if it could get rid of that horrible relg Rodnovery, cant stand that religion since it is a -(minus) 10% military production,,, ,

Attachments

• inquis.JPG
    inquis.JPG
    334.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
tried the Inquisitor for the 1st time, and i dont believe it is working?? it says as in the pic, that it will remove all NON-state religions, so i did next turn and they r still ALL there???
besides i believe it should be set to remove just the "religions" that u dont want and not all, IMPO...
This was working but I have not tested it in a long time. The Lawyer uses a similar set of code to remove all corporations. It should be all non-state religions. If you want to keep some of the religions you had better have some missionaries ready to spread the religion back.

This was working but I have not tested it in a long time. The Lawyer uses a similar set of code to remove all corporations. It should be all non-state religions. If you want to keep some of the religions you had better have some missionaries ready to spread the religion back.
nope .. . u wrote 2 fast see last para above . .

Top Bottom