1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v39 plus (SVN) - After the 20th of July 2019

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Thunderbrd, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Raven Destroyer

Raven Destroyer Prince

Think you forgot to give them an Hoskuld weight of 1 :p:mischief::p

But all joking aside, actually came here to report a bug, from time to time the game doesn't want to accept my Enter button and demands me to use the Enter on the numpad, game runs fine Haven't noticed any other buttons not working and it's definitely not my keyboard either

it's a mild inconvenience that I can't end the turn with my memorized button but if someone doesn't have the second enter on their Keyboard well that makes things a bit more interesting

raxo2222 likes this.
  2. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

This is why I build almost all buildings no matter what :lol:
    I don't build ones, that spawn criminals though.

EDIT:
    Now Diskettes and Ammunition factories obsolete bit later in latest SVN.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    Raven Destroyer likes this.
  3. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

This is the problem with obsoletion. There should instead be a Replacement Building. Then these types of problems go away.

It all started with Hydro using ForceObsolete (sp?) tag long ago and then other modders making it worse by obsoleting a building without checking all the dependencies.

4. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Why would you need a building prerequisite to be only an autobuilt building? Are you suggesting people just don't build buildings they have available so we have to enforce that the buildings get constructed? I'm not understanding what you're saying is broken here.
    By what was the storage pit obsoleted? Maybe that's coming too soon? Usually we don't obsolete buildings before we can replace them and I thought the granary was the replacement for the storage pit and that technically the storage pit either didn't obsolete or was obsoleted some signficant amount of time after Granaries replaced them. Are you suggesting that whatever it should've been replaced by, such as the Granary if I'm correct, should be an OR prereq for the Dance Hut then?
    1)It would be a very time consuming evaluation to setup a system that looks for things that should be sold off by the AI.
    2)The AI should not be in the business of wasting production time previously invested into useful buildings
    3)There is no amount of crime buildings that cannot be countered by proper LE unit use to counter it, and it is less expensive to counter the crime generated by one of these buildings than it is to maintain the LE unit(s) needed to counter it.
    For these reasons, no, the AI does not sell off any buildings ever and it is not a plan to get them to consider it because most players feel the turn times are more important than a more advance AI, particularly when such an advancement could end up being more of a problem for the AI than a benefit.
    Therefore, the problem you are pointing to is more interpreted as a code problem with proper unit use - and there's a few known issues there, such as not being able to transport property control units yet, for example.
    Given what the barter post unlocks by being a prerequisite, it's value is still strong enough for a developed player or an AI to recognize and build, even if it's not a needed immediate gain. I thought gold challenges were a little stronger at that stage now? Still not enough in the late prehistoric perhaps?
    I'm surprised it isn't already. One of the tricks we might have forgotten here is that you shouldn't obsolete something as soon as its replacement is made available - the obsoletion tech needs to be significantly after that point. Maybe that's the issue?
    OK. Identify what those are and it can be adjusted.

5. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Food Storage Pit - Unlocked at Gathering (X2) and obsoleted by Pottery (X21). Has replacement at this tech (Granary)
    Barter Post - Unlocked at Barter (X11) and obsoleted by Currency (X33). Has replacement at Trade (X25) (Trading Post)
    Trading Post - Unlocked at Trade (X25) and obsoleted by Applied Economics (X75). Has replacement at Consumerism (X74) (Shopping District)

There is a lot of distance between Barter and Pottery.
    There is some distance between Trade and Currency too.
    So DH this is what can happen if you try to make mod more realistic.
    You fell into your own trap - you didn't built barter or trading post as soon as possible.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  6. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

Of course I didn't build Barter Post . I never had to before as it was an auto build. Not only that it is a useless building so why would I? I don't have Currency yet so can't build Trading Post, another useless building.

Also Food Storage Pit obsoletes at Pottery, why? It is replaced by Granary which is nominally opened at Pottery but you can't build that when you first get Pottery as you have to build a Potter and get the pottery resource before you can build any Granaries. It should not obsolete but be replaced by Granary and the culture buildings like Dance Hut need to have Granary as another OR building.

7. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Are you saying it's useless because it's benefit isn't all that helpful since there's enough gold already?

8. LumenAngel

LumenAngel King

Some others problem in future era, specially with cloning
    A really strange thing about Pleistoce Park Wonder... it give bonus to Animal Trainer(XXX) buildings, but these building are all obsolete at Vertical Flight, so ages ago...
    RePet replace Pet Shop, but Pet Shop is obsolete with Replacements Organs, a tech at the same column... Maybe make Pet Shop obsolete at Artificial Evolution?
    Crime (unlicensed cloning) should require Cloning Factory, or at least Cloning Laboratory

9. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

No reason for Pet shop to ever Obsolete.
    At one time the Crime Unlicensed Cloning did require the Tech Cloning. Not sure when or why it was changed.

Osk21 likes this.
  10. irishhombre

irishhombre Prince

Occasionally when I shift queue items, I get the following error message. So far harmless, just annoying. Uploaded screenshot and save. SVN 11043
    Spoiler Error Message :
    upload_2019-9-30_18-8-49.png

Attached Files:

Osk21 likes this.
  11. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

12. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

1. I'll remove these boosts. I guess original designer didn't look at obsoletions, or someone broke original design with obsoletions.

2. I can delay obsoletion of pet shop - RePet is effectively Pet Shop 2.0

3. I can add Cloning Factory prereq.

Obsoleting things in future era is subjective - in future eras technology disrupts any existing business.
    C2C future technology is like black hole tidal forces - everything, that you know and love is disrupted by technology, of course there could be Amish Luddite villages, but these will quickly become insignificant.
    Basically when obsolete something, not if obsolete something ;):mischief::assimilate:

Unlicensed Cloning was unrealistic at this tech, so I moved it to Mainstream Cloning - probably crime was added before this tech.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  13. TPEHEP

TPEHEP Prince

Many interface elements have disappeared (buttons for cities and units, scales of science and great people, etc.). SVN 11044 (Win 10)

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      3.9 MB
      Views:
  14. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Ya think!? Of course it was. You moved/removed the prereq for the Individual Crime so you gonna fix it now?

15. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Did you delete your User Settings folder and then let the PPIO build a new one? If not might want to do that.

16. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Long time ago I changed tech prereq of this crime to Mainstream Cloning.

Now I added cloning factory as prereq for this crime.

17. TPEHEP

TPEHEP Prince

I reinstalled the system, hence the game. I just do not have this folder yet :)

Well, or I'm dumb and I can’t find her.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  18. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Set it up by starting a play now game. Then get out of the game and start one the way you normally would from there. That should initiate the usersettings folder properly. Once you get into the game you want to play, just make sure to review your options in the BUG settings so that you have it all setup the way you want it and it should remember it from there.

19. TPEHEP

TPEHEP Prince

It did not help - there is no interface. Including, for example, BUG. Tell me, in what way should the folder appear?

20. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

In revision 11038 bill set up a system that renames (backup) the userSettings folder and creates a new one if the userSettings folder was created before rev 11038.
    Before that, having userSettings from before PPIO was merged to core only caused missing build buttons inside the city screen.

I think TPEHEP's problem is that BtS.exe doesn't have the right to create folders and/or the ini files that are made within it. Try setting BtS.exe to "run as administrator".