1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v39 plus (SVN) - After the 20th of July 2019

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Thunderbrd, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

oh.. interesting. Unintentional. You can turn that off by going into the bug settings and turning off the option that allows you to raze your own improvements but I do need to address this in the code for a fix that doesn't require having to set that option on.

2. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Very possible that it can only be used for one. This would mean we probably need to only allow one to keep doing damage naturally and use this tag on this promo to make the other not damaging for the promo owner.

3. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

The other easy option is to move one to Rugged Combat 2. The not-so-easy option that was done for Taiga in Arctic Combat is to add a Rugged Combat 4.

Thunderbrd likes this.
  4. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Did something that SHOULD correct this - please confirm once we get the next SVN update in place.

5. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I like the first suggestion a lot. Done on Git.

6. Volgadar

Volgadar Chieftain

Forest eventually has grown on my farm. Under irrigation, I guess. And now I have a farm on the forest plot. The same issue in v38.5 game.

Plus, I have a neanderthal hunter unit, upgraded from captive neanderthal. Can I upgrade him up to next tier without having neanderthalan culture? There is no option for this now.

7. LumenAngel

LumenAngel King

2 little issue
    Kentucky Derby provide me an horse every 2 turns, and not every 10 turns. it's a little too much
    Bell Labs req Diskette or Flash memory Devices or Punch Cards. But when you discover Flash memory, Diskette and Punch Cards are not available anymore because their factory are obsolete. So, it desactivates Bell labs until you build a Factory (Flash memory Device).... Maybe Diskette can survive a little more?

8. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Found the bug, fixed on git now, tested fix in-game too. Was the same with the crusade wonder. Bug was that the gamespeed scaling didn't actually apply the scaling.

9. irishhombre

irishhombre Prince

Isn't this normal? I have forests growing everywhere at anytime. I always just took it as an added bonus.

10. Volgadar

Volgadar Chieftain

Haven't seen anything like this neither in vanila BtS, neither in RoM.

11. irishhombre

irishhombre Prince

Well normal for this mod.

12. NevFin

NevFin Chieftain

Yes, it seems to be working now.

13. Volgadar

Volgadar Chieftain

Other issue: we still can research religion, already discovered by somebody, if corresponding tech has been queued before blocking. Plus, I don't know, if its mater for v39, but in 38.5 rps for such religions could be earned from conquered cities.

14. strategyonly

strategyonly C2C Supreme Commander

was nice getting this, finally felt like getting a solder coming from the academy, each year. . . ummm maybe a good python project after we get an Academy wonder built up until next big promotion, ummm???

15. irishhombre

irishhombre Prince

Lately on the latest SVN, 11039, the civilopedia has been iffy. It will load sometimes, and other times it won't. I am only experiencing it when I try to access it from the main menu. I don't think I broke it when I edited the XML files for a couple buildings because it loaded fine with previous XML edits.

16. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

There is something wrong with the animal spawning code. I am getting ocean critters spawning in fresh water lakes. I suspect we did not make the changes to the system necessary when we introduced lakes as a new terrain.

17. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Isn't that dependent upon the size of the lake?

I have a question to the Coders: When did partisans become allowed to spawn in the Preh era when an enemy city is taken. And the city is destroyed in the process and not captured? 2 things going on here that I've not seen before. So I'm asking. Is this another new function from the PPIO? Or something else? :dunno:

Also it looks like the Enhanced City Conquest is now actually giving some Beakers towards several techs I don't have yet. Good to see that at least working now.:thumbsup:

See screenshot.

Attached Files:

18. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

There was a time when we were looking at expanding the concept of partisan unit emergence so that it wasn't partisans so much as whatever the current Ruffian for the era was that would emerge. Obviously that would be a serious technology gap and balance bug if actual Partisan units are resulting from taking cities that early. Maybe it is something in the python since I think that's largely where the coding is for that system.

On the size of the lake? The size of the body of water does determine whether it IS a lake (freshwater) or not. I think the actual coding answer of the lake not considering itself fresh water might be the culprit.

19. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

The size determines if it is a fresh water lake or not. The terrain is "lake" and "lake shore" rather than "sea" and "coast".

20. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

You were such a skeptic about the enhanced tech conquest changes in PPIO, changes that I made in early PPIO development and never modified again, glad you like it after actually seeing it in-game. :p
    Yeah, it was vanilla code that had been commented out by firaxis before releasing the game, I didn't see any good reasons for why it was disabled, so I enabled it in PPIO.

I can improve upon its design if you have any suggestions or objections. I didn't make any changes to how this mechanic works, I just allowed the original firaxis design to actually happen in-game.