1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v39 plus (SVN) - After the 20th of July 2019

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Thunderbrd, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

There was original Firaxis design regarding Partisans? I would've sworn that was a RoM or AND feature.

2. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Yeah, it was disabled in vanilla though, look up the onCityRazed function in the BtS file called CvEventManager.py, and the EVENTTRIGGER_PARTISANS in the BtS file CIV4EventTriggerInfos.xml.
    The eventtrigger triggers two events that can run the applyPartisans1 and the applyPartisans2 which can be seen in the BtS file CvRandomEventInterface.py.

3. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Well then Thank you for the ETC fix. :bowdown:

The "partisans" in this case were 3 Atlatl. But I fully expected to take the city even though it was only size 1. Perhaps because it was size 1 that it got razed by my forces. Even when I do not have Raze City Option On. Or perhaps since you activated this "old Firaxis code" then the Raze City Option Is now useless to have Off? Will all size 1 cities be razed instead of being captured? What about size 2 or bigger? Did you test it?

Hammurabi is sending Tribes with 2 Atlatl and 2 Stone axe all the way down his peninsula to my peninsula on this continent. All the while he has more open space to his SW than my whole area. I really hate this overreach the AI does towards the Human player. And I would've Never been able to take that city without just getting Elephant riders. Hammurabi is now sending deer riders to the other 2 encroaching cities he has plopped down near the area where I destroyed his 1st attempt.

And Hunters having a -50% str when attacking a city kinda suxs too.

This game is on Epic GS, Emperor Diff. And tying up the Capital city for 25 turns for Big Cats or Bear Riders is an ouchy situation as well. :p Don't think I will be able to take the 2nd city or the 3rd he now has put down way too close to my borders. :cringe:[pissed]:rolleyes:

4. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

I've tested it for about a year, PPIO players didn't report anything odd about this stuff afai can remember.

I wasn't aware we had an option that stopped cities of size 1 from being razed. Isn't there an option about always razing captured cities regardless of size?

P.S. Python doesn't normally control when cities are razed or not, It's only directly involved in that decision when abandoning a city with the yellow bulldozer button or when removing a city in worldbuilder.

5. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I recall in BtS if a city was size 1 but it had grown its culture reach past one tile range it would not be razed but if not it would be. In C2C I think the culture exception was removed in RoM or AND and 1 size cities are now always razed.

I objected to the ai strategy of reaching out to crowd opponents too but koshling insisted and he is right that it certainly accomplishes the goal of making them more difficult to play against.

I would bet that the partisan code responsible there is drawing on the draft result to determine which units emerge? I am not against the effect as it applies this way. Makes sense and makes conuest tougher.

6. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Barbs Always Raze Option or something like that.

I have not seen a city razed by anyone for sometime of any size. But a size 1 city even with it's base 9 tiles back in RoM would get razed now that T-brd mentioned it.

Old stuff being revisited, That's why I'm asking. :)

Toffer90 likes this.
  7. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

If I remember rightly, Barter Post and Trading Post used to be free/auto built buildings with their tech (Barter and Trade respectively) plus maybe some other requirements. This is no longer the case which is causing problems with some of the cultural buildings like Dance Hut and all its dependent buildings. The Dance Hut requires Storage Pit (can be built) or Barter Post (free with tech) or Trading Post (free with tech). Why are these no longer free? I know when they were originally designed they were given a cost so they could be built but game play proved that it would be better if they were free/auto built instead. I think their cost was not set to -1 though. Maybe someone though that since they had a cost they shouldn't be auto built/free?

8. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

We decided the reason to have them autobuilt was no longer necessary - it was an AI hack.

9. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

So it destroys the Dance buildings and a number of other buildings. All buildings that need these as OR buildings now need to have those requirements removed. :(. That is Storage Pit, Barter Post and Trading Post must not be requirements for other buildings.

10. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

That is correct. It asks what unit this city would conscript and then spawn that unit in an amount derived from the city culture level when the city is razed.

11. Yudishtira

Yudishtira Spiritual/Creative

Storage Pit hasn't changed. And why can't Barter Post and/or Trading Post be prereq buildings without being autobuilds?

12. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I was half way through building the Dance Hut when the Storage Pit became obsolete!

13. Yudishtira

And do you not have Barter or Trade yet?

14. LumenAngel

LumenAngel King

A little AI issue. Now, sell a building look like a feature, and AI never use it to sell Crime/Rev building (like Druglord's Mansion) when they have Crime/Rev issue...These building are often the #1 source of these problem and they don't really worth having a high crime or a revo.

15. Dancing Hoskuld

Dancing Hoskuld Deity

I have Barter but the value of the Barter Post next to all the other buildings is negligible. 1:hammers: is much better return than any amount of money at this point in the game. Most of the commerce buildings are like that. My Demand Mod tried to make them worthwhile but the "actual" values didn't work properly.

The Storage Pit should be replaced by the Granary not obsoleted by Pottery, imo. Also many buildings that are currently requiring the Barter/Trade Posts should be requiring the Granary instead as their OR buildings because it is about feeding these artists not paying them. You can't eat money;)

JosEPh_II and KaTiON_PT like this.
  16. LumenAngel

LumenAngel King

a VERY annonying issue : "Coilgun" tech obsolete your buildings providing "Ammunition", but you need this ressourc eto build many units...In fact, nearly ALL my modern land units are not buildable anymore and lot of my defense building are non active anymore...
    And I don't have yet Military robotics to build a Military Industrial Complex...

17. irishhombre

irishhombre Prince

Can't build you the ammunition factory to take care of your ammunition needs?

18. Yudishtira

Storage Pit replaced by Granary not obsoleted - agree (but then I really don't like obsoletions at all).
    Dance Hut should require Granary - sounds right. What other buildings did you have in mind?
    Not really bugs though.

As for the Barter Post, you are complaining that it hasn't been built while choosing not to build it:mischief:. Your calculation of its value appears not to take into account the making available of the Dance Hut and Dances. Sorry, not a bug.

Raven Destroyer likes this.
  19. LumenAngel

LumenAngel King

No, it's obsolete with coilgun, and the next building for Ammunition is not available yet...

20. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

I'll delay obsoletion of diskettes and ammunitions factories.
    In both of cases it replacements were unlocked in same column.
    Diskettes Factory is obsoleted with Wearable Computers and Ammunition Factory is obsoleted at Warmachines.

As for Barter post and like these I gave them AI weight of 1 once they stopped being autobuildings.

KaTiON_PT likes this.