Single Player bugs and crashes v39 plus (SVN) - After the 20th of July 2019

Without them I'm getting an encoding issue: current mod fonts are latin-only, cyrillic letters outputs as some kind of unreadable pictogramms.
Use English language as translations are EXTREMELY incomplete.

Also you shouldn't crash at all - this means you have actual crash bug.

Also you shouldn't crash at all - this means you have actual crash bug.

I'm using english. But the game itself is fully and officially localizated. Only citynames and some interface parts are russian.

Without them I'm getting an encoding issue: current mod fonts are latin-only, cyrillic letters outputs as some kind of unreadable pictogramms.

It sounds like the fonts are the problem, not the translations. Not sure how the base game handles this, however we can provide option to use default fonts and I guess it might solve this problem for non-English versions of the game? Of course there wouldn't be translations, but at least the UI wouldn't be borked.

CTD at the end of turn from time to time. Untill the last svn commits it was happening much more often (~ every 3rd turn) till the ~2700 turn. But it's still a problem in 11049.
I can't reproduce the issue. The crashdumps indicate it is something to do with string deallocation, so I'm guessing it is something to do with using non English game version, and a mistake somewhere with text encoding. Can't do much more for this one without a lot more investigative work. TL/DR: acquire the English language version of the game and see if the issue persists.

edit: Ignore this, I did repro it on Win 7

Last edited:
I can't reproduce the issue. The crashdumps indicate it is something to do with string deallocation, so I'm guessing it is something to do with using non English game version, and a mistake somewhere with text encoding. Can't do much more for this one without a lot more investigative work. TL/DR: acquire the English language version of the game and see if the issue persists.
I reproduced crash - use Windows 7 VM.

You need to do few turns

There is some advisor popup, that has gibberish text (why Russian was baked in save?) click on last option.

Last edited:
I Forgot a earlier one : Tatooer , give +2 Culture and +3% with Dye. And +2 Happy and it's build faster for Strategic leaders.
Its replacment (Tatoo parlor) only give +1 Culture and +1% with some later tech. Only +1 happy and Strategic don't build it faster
So when Tattoo parlor is available, it's just totally useless and building it only give malus...
I'm fixing those bugs.
I guess some of these got broken when I hit them with modifier nerf.
And some I didn't adjust +1% from resource entries.
Upload save.

Okay I found an issue with city trade routes and leader traits. I'm pushing a new SVN build now which will include this fix, the blacksmith event one and some more text fixes.

I fixed issues with replacements (hypermarket gold boosts aren't fixed yet - too messy to do), and now most of resources can be produced till end of game - except shady chemicals and soft obsoleted resources (saddles, sails, diskettes, stone tools and other stuff are kinda obsolete).

Last edited:
got a PINK building mentioned...

Attachments

• oink.JPG
    oink.JPG
    374.9 KB · Views: 126
Thanks a lot. And yeah, I really forgot to mention the os version (I have also a linux/wine c2c, guess it could provide a lot of buggy stuff).

we can provide option to use default fonts

BUG menu? That would be great!

A small "obsolete" problem (again)
Animal Race Track is obsolete at Species Uplifting, but cant be build after Vertical Flight because Modern Stable is obsolete.
This is structural issue with mod - requirements obsolete before buildings requiring them.
This is one of reasons as to why later starts are not supported.

This is structural issue with mod - requirements obsolete before buildings requiring them.
This is one of reasons as to why later starts are not supported.
I chalk this up to largely being the result of tech tree rearrangements that didn't take these potential consequences into account.

I chalk this up to largely being the result of tech tree rearrangements that didn't take these potential consequences into account.
This mod grew from less than 300 techs, when it was first released as separate entity to over 900 techs we have now.
So these rearrangements happened a lot.

This mod grew from less than 300 techs, when it was first released as separate entity to over 900 techs we have now.
So these rearrangements happened a lot.
Yep, which is a big reason you've been a major asset to the team to help us smooth these problems out when they are found. Thank you for that!

This is the code for "Reports from the ... speak of reduced volcanic activity".
Code:
def doVolcanoDormantEruption(argsList):
  kTriggeredData = argsList[0]
  pPlot = GC.getMap().plot(kTriggeredData.iPlotX, kTriggeredData.iPlotY)
  if pPlot.isNone():
    return
  player = GC.getPlayer(kTriggeredData.ePlayer)
  team = player.getTeam()

doVolcanoPlot(pPlot)
  doVolcanoNeighbouringPlots(pPlot)
  doVolcanoAdjustFertility((pPlot, 1, team))
  doVolcanoReport((pPlot, BugUtil.getPlainText("TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_VOLCANO_EXTINCT")))

return
(from CvRandomEventInterface.py)

I'm pretty sure the TXT_KEY should be TXT_KEY_EVENTTRIGGER_VOLCANO_SLEEP.

Maybe also there should be some limit check on the adjust fertility, as there is theoretically no limit to how many times this can happen.

The problem I was actually looking for was that the empire usually if not always displays as "???". The variable is %s1_civ_adjective, so maybe that variable is not being initialised or passed, or has the wrong name.

ETA: Delving further, BugUtil.getPlainText is wrong - it is only used where there are no parameters. Should be getText, and empire adjective of the volcano's plot's owner should be passed as a parameter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom