Single Player bugs and crashes v40 download - After Oct 2019

Most free buildings do need to respect requirements... it sorta depends on the prereq and how it's applied. It's on a tag by tag rule basis that really should be mapped out again at some point for modders to refer to.

In the modern world, one of the first things you'd do is build a well in a new city to give public access. the Size requirement makes sense for an upgrade but a Pumphouse building or something that would be accessed at the first population seems in order before it would later be upgraded to support a larger community. I wonder how we could require the upgrading...
I edited my post. Buildings given by NW/GW don't respect building and population size requirements.

Wells and cistern are obsolete by Atomic era. Aqueduct and Reservoir are buildable, but needs pop size of 6.
Maybe we need to apply new city GOM tag for one of those?
Code:
<NewCityFree>
                <Has>
                    <GOMType>GOM_TECH</GOMType>
                    <ID>TECH_X</ID>
                </Has>
            </NewCityFree>
This seem to respect ALL requirements, so if requirements isn't meet immediately, then you won't get this building for free in new city, and you have to build it anyway.

So solution would be NW, that places Cisterns or Reservoirs in new cities.

Sorry if I'm a tad late, but it's along the Incan-English border. I forget the name, but it's my only mountain city. I haven't had any problems with my other cities.
Pukatampu? This city on mountain has fresh water access, because there is fresh water lake next to it.

Other than that peaks don't provide fresh water.

So now peaks now don't mess with fresh water access if you meant that.

Pukatampu? This city has fresh water access, because there is fresh water lake next to it.

Yes, it is next to a lake, *and* it has an aqueduct, but it still has no fresh water (I can't build anything that requires fresh water, like water tower). The city tile also does not register as having fresh water when you hover the cursor over it.

That is precisely the problem; it should have fresh water, but it doesn't.

Yes, it is next to a lake, *and* it has an aqueduct, but it still has no fresh water (I can't build anything that requires fresh water, like water tower). The city tile also does not register as having fresh water when you hover the cursor over it.

That is precisely the problem; it should have fresh water, but it doesn't.
Update to latest SVN - it is fixed now.
Let it recalculate stuff.

The first check is if it's a peak, not if it's a plot owned by a team. The check if its a plot owned by a team is not necessary unless we know the plot is a peak already. This might make plots that aren't owned completely impassable entirely. I'm not sure how the || and && come up in the hierarchy of the statement evaluations though.
Good catch, I assumed that if the team didn't exist the plot would be impassable for that imaginary team, but that function may very well be called in a general sense without regard for teams capabilities above the default intrinsic impassibility of a plot. The team variable passed there is not related to who owns the plot though, it's about the team that is considering moving over the plot regardless of who owns it.

Good catch, I assumed that if the team didn't exist the plot would be impassable for that imaginary team, but that function may very well be called in a general sense without regard for teams capabilities above the default intrinsic impassibility of a plot. The team variable passed there is not related to who owns the plot though, it's about the team that is considering moving over the plot regardless of who owns it.
Depends on the why its being checked for passability. For a civil role like water access I think it should be checking the plot owner.

I edited my post. Buildings given by NW/GW don't respect building and population size requirements.

Wells and cistern are obsolete by Atomic era. Aqueduct and Reservoir are buildable, but needs pop size of 6.
Maybe we need to apply new city GOM tag for one of those?
Code:
<NewCityFree>
                <Has>
                    <GOMType>GOM_TECH</GOMType>
                    <ID>TECH_X</ID>
                </Has>
            </NewCityFree>
This seem to respect ALL requirements, so if requirements isn't meet immediately, then you won't get this building for free in new city, and you have to build it anyway.

So solution would be NW, that places Cisterns or Reservoirs in new cities.
That would be one solution alternative to a quick cheap building that can be built without a pop prereq.

Or... both. Theres a national wonder that could be used for that now right but does the ai build it...

Depends on the why its being checked for passability. For a civil role like water access I think it should be checking the plot owner.
Hmm, sure.
Though it brings up the question why water access on a plot cares about impassibility or not, cannot peak plots (or any other impassable plots) have access to fresh water if close to a river in C2C?

Edit: I guess there's little reason to display ("fresh water") it in the plot tooltip if the plot can never be used in any way, so perhaps I see the point in caring about impassibility for water access after all.

Not sure why it was considered originally but yeah it could mean a difference in available improvements.... oh... for ongoing irrigation stringing they would want peaks to block farming past them unless you can pass peaks I guess.

Not sure why it was considered originally but yeah it could mean a difference in available improvements.... oh... for ongoing irrigation stringing they would want peaks to block farming past them unless you can pass peaks I guess.
Huh, didn't think about that; though I don't think farm improvements should be possible to set up on peak plots, mostly because I think the graphics for farm imps would glitch out on peaks.

Huh, didn't think about that; though I don't think farm improvements should be possible to set up on peak plots, mostly because I think the graphics for farm imps would glitch out on peaks.
Yeah, it's something to do with potentials rather than actuals I think. It was something being considered in the code already so without knowing why, I just play along. Often, people preceding me knew the reasons they had.

Hi all ! I play C2C for almost a year (v 36, and now v40), and it's really amazing ! You did all a great job !

V40 is very stable, but I just encounter a crash, and I dunno what can cause it... When I skip to next turn, the game just close to desktop, without a message. Don't know if my computer can't handle more, or if something more is happening.

Many thanks for your time !

Bug : CTD when passing a turn
Config : C2C v40 (in the right place) with Civ4 via GoG (never seems to be a bug with that)

Attachments

• Brennus September 23, AD-2048.CivBeyondSwordSave
    11.2 MB · Views: 144
  • MiniDump-v40.0.608-alpha-20191130-172026.zip
    14.7 KB · Views: 92
You are playing on Ultrafast - I added this game speed for testing purposes only.
Looks like this crash bug wasn't fixed in latest SVN yet, so I'll tag @Thunderbrd and @billw2015

By the way someone made big mistake when creating map you are playing on:
Alaska should be on west side of minimap.
Japan, Australia and tip of Russia should be close to eastern edge of minimap.
British islands would be then in middle of map horizontally.
Now animal spawns aren't aligned horizontally with map :p
Since you are in Atomic era here (when according to calendar tech leader would be close to reaching Nanotech era) animal spawning isn't relevant anymore, but I wanted to point funny quirk on this map.

Last edited:
V40 is very stable, but I just encounter a crash, and I dunno what can cause it... When I skip to next turn, the game just close to desktop, without a message. Don't know if my computer can't handle more, or if something more is happening.
Save itself is already broken, it means the bug happened before the save was made. Perhaps you have save from previous turns?

You are playing on Ultrafast - I added this game speed for testing purposes only.
Looks like this crash bug wasn't fixed in latest SVN yet, so I'll tag @Thunderbrd and @billw2015

By the way someone made big mistake when creating map you are playing on:
Alaska should be on west side of minimap.
Japan, Australia and tip of Russia should be close to eastern edge of minimap.
British islands would be then in middle of map horizontally.
Now animal spawns aren't aligned horizontally with map :p
Since you are in Atomic era here (when according to calendar tech leader would be close to reaching Nanotech era) animal spawning isn't relevant anymore, but I wanted to point funny quirk on this map.

Yeah, I choose to try v40 with a "quick" game before beginning a loong play... and I like the way it play, so I continue.

Don't remember what map I choose... Is there a good Earth map with historical starting position you recommand ?

Thanks for your time, both of you. Maybe these two saves (two to four turn before) can help.

Attachments

• Brennus May 11, AD-2047.CivBeyondSwordSave
    11 MB · Views: 92
  • Brennus August 17, AD-2044.CivBeyondSwordSave
    10.2 MB · Views: 122
Yeah, I choose to try v40 with a "quick" game before beginning a loong play... and I like the way it play, so I continue.

Don't remember what map I choose... Is there a good Earth map with historical starting position you recommand ?

Thanks for your time, both of you. Maybe these two saves (two to four turn before) can help.
There are multiple Earth scenarios.

You can try Large Solar System too - its scenario containing space zone

First time C2C player

Extraction of v40 didn't work until the third download - tried an EU mirror

I then followed v40 instructions - saved a game, restarted, custom game, etc.

Now it runs, but every turn log (middle top of screen) is populated with multiple of these errors:
"Error in windowActivation event handler <bound method BugEventManager.onWindowActivation of <BugEventManager.BugEventManager instance at 0x0EF300F8"

Thanks for the report. Perhaps others have an idea about what's goin on, but i'd need more info.
If you don't mind helpin more please open your civ4 ini file in the bts folder and enable the python exception messages option before the next time you start the game. You will get a much better error message to report.

Top Bottom