1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v40 download - After Oct 2019

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Thunderbrd, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

The usual problem behind what dmd175 describes is that beyond the sword needs administrator rights to create the userSettings folder on some system.
    Try locating your Civ4BeyondSword.exe file, right click it, select properties, and check the run as administrator box there.

2. MattCA

MattCA Prince

Good to know. I will try to remember that.

Edit: idea - use pythons try: except: code to add error message.

3. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Good idea, not often do I like to use try-except (very slow in python), but in this case it makes sense to raise a proper error message as it's a user problem we can't really fix unless we remove the ability to create folders when needed.

4. MattCA

MattCA Prince

Ill get it started on github but I don't wanna write the message. Any suggestions anyone?

5. dmd175

dmd175 Warlord

Thank you Toffer90 - that seems to work. I am the only one who uses the desktop I'm on and logged in as admin. Appreciate the help.

6. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

It is strange as that's how my comp is setup too, but I don't run the game as admin though C2C work flawlessly for me.
    Maybe there's a difference in windows operating systems, I have win 10 proffesional.
    Have you installed beyond the sword on your system drive perhaps, I suspect there are additional layers of permission security on the drive that windows itself is installed on.

7. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Mod can't be in my document and MUST be named Caveman2Cosmos

As Toffer said you must run game as admin, if game is on system drive.

8. Somebody613

Somebody613 Prince

Probably not a bug, but why does the game freeze for a couple seconds the end turn before you produce a GP?
    I'm using "save time by stilling graphics" option, but that's not the reason, because the freeze happens even during otherwise unambiguously short turns.
    Like, if the total wait time is 10 seconds, the turn in question would be 15, even though the turn afterwards will drop to 10 no prob.
    It's obvious that the wait is directly related to producing the GP.
    It is also a very clearly new thing, because I don't recall anything similar before v.40, if not even later.
    And I don't want to upload saves, because that's not the issue - it's something in the math logic within, not something I chose to happen through options.
    OR you can use any other save I had uploaded before, because this is a global thing.

Oh, one more question.
    What does "double culture in 1000 years" mean PRACTICALLY?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  9. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Last time this was mentioned as suspect on Discord, it was shown to have no impact under deeper analysis. The issue was always something else causing it. Something more usual to other delays that sometimes happen.

It means the culture the building puts out is doubled after 1000 years of calendar time, whatever that means in turn times for your gamespeed.

10. BunnyWunny

BunnyWunny Chieftain

Thanks! Hopefully this will stop the same issues that Diablowagner has, had. Works great, except it kept crashing, mostly during auto-save, but not always. Otherwise it's a nice, great I should say, improvement over V39. :)

Bless you all, all the mod makers, tweakers, and full cast.

11. Baskedyt

Baskedyt Concerned citizen

Hi
    I'm experiencing a CTD the second I click the "end turn" button. I really hope this can be resolved, since I'm on a very good run :please:
    Thanx

Attached Files:

12. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

13. Baskedyt

Thanx.
    I've been trying to hold of switching to SVN for years, but if it stops the crashes, I should probably switch.

14. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Suuuuuper easy to do and very worthwhile. Also the only way you're getting an update right away ;)

15. Santa Klaus

Santa Klaus Chieftain

Game Wiki has a missing entry for Camp Narwhal in Buildings/Prehistoric Era
    The entry does exist when you choose "all eras"

16. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Buildings without tech requirements aren't listed in era (building) subcategories - maybe @Toffer90 can change it so buildings like alpha male would appear in Prehistoric category.
    Alternatively no era category could be added.

EDIT: Camp Narwhal requires Sailing tech - its in ANCIENT era.

Santa Klaus likes this.
  17. Baskedyt

Yeah, I found out. Started up SVN, and have now played numerous turn past the crash.
    I'm just wandering - will features be added to SVN continuous, so that suddenly new concepts appear in my save games? Or is it just bug fixes etc.?

18. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Yeah when new features are put in place, the SVN is usually quick to get them.

19. stachnie

stachnie Theorist

C2C v. 40 (release), Civ Megapack with no fictional Civs. I came back after a long break (I am addicted to the Megapack, so I used the opportunity to play C2C again with the reuploaded one).

1. The only Advisor window I can open is the Scientific one (F6). In particular, I cannot open the Civic advisor (F3) to adjust my government options. When I started a previous game with the SVN version, I could not open the Scientific advisor but perhaps I could open some other one(s).

I play with Developing Leaders/No negative traits/No positive traits/Pure traits. I think I have achieved the culture level required to get a trait (3600+, the slowest game speed) but I have got no such opportunity. When I check the other Civs, it seems they need 3600 culture but none of them have achieved this yet.

Maybe I will start a new game with the option "modules" set to 0 and I check if the bug is still present.

S.

20. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Run game as admin.

Make sure mod isn't in My Documents and is named exactly "Caveman2Cosmos"

If it doesn't work then reinstall mod - NEVER overwrite mod!
    If you install new version you have to delete old version.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2020