Single Player bugs and crashes v40 download - After Oct 2019

The usual problem behind what dmd175 describes is that beyond the sword needs administrator rights to create the userSettings folder on some system.
Try locating your Civ4BeyondSword.exe file, right click it, select properties, and check the run as administrator box there.

The usual problem behind what dmd175 describes is that beyond the sword needs administrator rights to create the userSettings folder on some system.
Good to know. I will try to remember that.

Edit: idea - use pythons try: except: code to add error message.

Edit: idea - use pythons try: except: code to add error message.
Good idea, not often do I like to use try-except (very slow in python), but in this case it makes sense to raise a proper error message as it's a user problem we can't really fix unless we remove the ability to create folders when needed.

Try locating your Civ4BeyondSword.exe file, right click it, select properties, and check the run as administrator box there.

Thank you Toffer90 - that seems to work. I am the only one who uses the desktop I'm on and logged in as admin. Appreciate the help.

I am the only one who uses the desktop I'm on and logged in as admin.
It is strange as that's how my comp is setup too, but I don't run the game as admin though C2C work flawlessly for me.
Maybe there's a difference in windows operating systems, I have win 10 proffesional.
Have you installed beyond the sword on your system drive perhaps, I suspect there are additional layers of permission security on the drive that windows itself is installed on.

First time C2C player

Extraction of v40 didn't work until the third download - tried an EU mirror

I then followed v40 instructions - saved a game, restarted, custom game, etc.

Now it runs, but every turn log (middle top of screen) is populated with multiple of these errors:
"Error in windowActivation event handler <bound method BugEventManager.onWindowActivation of <BugEventManager.BugEventManager instance at 0x0EF300F8"
Mod can't be in my document and MUST be named Caveman2Cosmos

As Toffer said you must run game as admin, if game is on system drive.

Probably not a bug, but why does the game freeze for a couple seconds the end turn before you produce a GP?
I'm using "save time by stilling graphics" option, but that's not the reason, because the freeze happens even during otherwise unambiguously short turns.
Like, if the total wait time is 10 seconds, the turn in question would be 15, even though the turn afterwards will drop to 10 no prob.
It's obvious that the wait is directly related to producing the GP.
It is also a very clearly new thing, because I don't recall anything similar before v.40, if not even later.
And I don't want to upload saves, because that's not the issue - it's something in the math logic within, not something I chose to happen through options.
OR you can use any other save I had uploaded before, because this is a global thing.

Oh, one more question.
What does "double culture in 1000 years" mean PRACTICALLY?

Last edited:
Probably not a bug, but why does the game freeze for a couple seconds the end turn before you produce a GP?
I'm using "save time by stilling graphics" option, but that's not the reason, because the freeze happens even during otherwise unambiguously short turns.
Like, if the total wait time is 10 seconds, the turn in question would be 15, even though the turn afterwards will drop to 10 no prob.
It's obvious that the wait is directly related to producing the GP.
It is also a very clearly new thing, because I don't recall anything similar before v.40, if not even later.
And I don't want to upload saves, because that's not the issue - it's something in the math logic within, not something I chose to happen through options.
OR you can use any other save I had uploaded before, because this is a global thing.
Last time this was mentioned as suspect on Discord, it was shown to have no impact under deeper analysis. The issue was always something else causing it. Something more usual to other delays that sometimes happen.

What does "double culture in 1000 years" mean PRACTICALLY?
It means the culture the building puts out is doubled after 1000 years of calendar time, whatever that means in turn times for your gamespeed.

Hi
I'm experiencing a CTD the second I click the "end turn" button. I really hope this can be resolved, since I'm on a very good run :please:
Thanx

Attachments

• Crash_200124.rar
    3.8 MB · Views: 55
Thanx.
I've been trying to hold of switching to SVN for years, but if it stops the crashes, I should probably switch.
Suuuuuper easy to do and very worthwhile. Also the only way you're getting an update right away ;)

Game Wiki has a missing entry for Camp Narwhal in Buildings/Prehistoric Era
The entry does exist when you choose "all eras"

Game Wiki has a missing entry for Camp Narwhal in Buildings/Prehistoric Era
The entry does exist when you choose "all eras"
Buildings without tech requirements aren't listed in era (building) subcategories - maybe @Toffer90 can change it so buildings like alpha male would appear in Prehistoric category.
Alternatively no era category could be added.

EDIT: Camp Narwhal requires Sailing tech - its in ANCIENT era.

Suuuuuper easy to do and very worthwhile. Also the only way you're getting an update right away ;)

Yeah, I found out. Started up SVN, and have now played numerous turn past the crash.
I'm just wandering - will features be added to SVN continuous, so that suddenly new concepts appear in my save games? Or is it just bug fixes etc.?

Yeah, I found out. Started up SVN, and have now played numerous turn past the crash.
I'm just wandering - will features be added to SVN continuous, so that suddenly new concepts appear in my save games? Or is it just bug fixes etc.?
Yeah when new features are put in place, the SVN is usually quick to get them.

C2C v. 40 (release), Civ Megapack with no fictional Civs. I came back after a long break (I am addicted to the Megapack, so I used the opportunity to play C2C again with the reuploaded one).

1. The only Advisor window I can open is the Scientific one (F6). In particular, I cannot open the Civic advisor (F3) to adjust my government options. When I started a previous game with the SVN version, I could not open the Scientific advisor but perhaps I could open some other one(s).

I play with Developing Leaders/No negative traits/No positive traits/Pure traits. I think I have achieved the culture level required to get a trait (3600+, the slowest game speed) but I have got no such opportunity. When I check the other Civs, it seems they need 3600 culture but none of them have achieved this yet.

Maybe I will start a new game with the option "modules" set to 0 and I check if the bug is still present.

S.

1. The only Advisor window I can open is the Scientific one (F6). In particular, I cannot open the Civic advisor (F3) to adjust my government options. When I started a previous game with the SVN version, I could not open the Scientific advisor but perhaps I could open some other one(s).
Run game as admin.

Make sure mod isn't in My Documents and is named exactly "Caveman2Cosmos"

If it doesn't work then reinstall mod - NEVER overwrite mod!
If you install new version you have to delete old version.

Last edited:
Top Bottom