1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v40 plus (SVN) - After Oct 2019

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Thunderbrd, Oct 20, 2019.

1. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I agree with you Snofru. BUilding early mines on peaks with donkey workers should be left alone.
    Some of us did not think it was a "bad design decision" at all. Especially since we made the Option Passable or workable Mountains or what ever it's name was hidden and On by default. And That was some time back. Now we are making new design decisions over them???

New bug or what? I've been noticing that the Barbs can now make Culture units. 1si it was a Humudu Hunter, then a Pigmy Bowman, Now from the screenshots below, A Sintashta Chariot and a Jaguar Warrior! Good Lord what is going on??? Seems like the mod is getting turned on it's head these days! Yikes! :crazyeye::nono::p

Attached Files:

2. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

I think it makes perfect sense to only allow high altitude mines in the ancient era, before mountaineering equipment and knowhow makes it safe to do so, if there's a precious resource there to justify all the work casualties caused by it.

It's similar to there being a tech that allows farm to be built without irrigation, or the other tech that allows farms to be built in deserts. Techs that are long after agriculture.

If we wanted mountain mining at mining tech we wouldn't need the early mountain mine improvement, we could just unlock the regular one at mining with lowered stats and added yields boosts to it with techs.
    I've noticed that one too, been trying to figure out why a couple weeks already. It's a weird one imo.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2020
  3. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Lol forgot to remove those discovery tags :p

4. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Would seem that the basic/base culture changes a little while back is the culprit. Coupled with the fact that Barbs were allowed some Culture prior to that change to grow their cities beyond size 1. Whomever reworked Sparth's Culture units removed something that stopped the Barbs from getting those Designed Player and Regular AI Culture units.

5. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Those units should require culture bonuses.
    So Egyptian unit needs Egyptian bonus produced by Egyptian culture world wonder
    I guess he removed all bonus requirements from barbarian NPC unit creation or something like that.

Culture, culture and culture are three different things.
    That is culture (commerce) is completely independent from other [Sparth] cultures.
    Continental cultures are purely buildings.
    Subcultures are bonuses produced by great wonders, that need continental cultures.

By the way resources, that Early Mountain Mine can't access are:
    Bauxite Ore, Coal, Geode, Uranium, Titanium Ore, and Manganese - all units revealed after Mountain Mine is available.
    I could add Coal, since its revealed very near to Mountaineering.

6. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

I don't see a point in what you're saying at all. The display is fine. It shows the simplest one first then shows what you would get with any other improvement that accesses that also accesses that resource. So what if it obsoletes?

7. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Why display something, that you can't build at all?
    Only few improvements are displayed now in that tooltip.

Its changed now
    Spoiler :

Civ4BeyondSword 2020-04-06 19-53-45-42.png Civ4BeyondSword 2020-04-06 19-54-14-98.png Civ4BeyondSword 2020-04-06 19-54-34-22.png Civ4BeyondSword 2020-04-06 19-54-29-04.png Civ4BeyondSword 2020-04-06 19-53-59-10.png

8. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

You do use it, for very simple applications and have not yet realized the full depth of what is capable with it nor how valuable it actually is for trade. The plot, however, is much more valuable in terms of the yields you can get from that plot because you can see it. And it helps you to plan your city placement early.

9. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

So you're saying that it needs to check to make sure that no worker you possess could possibly build that improvement before it discounts it and shows the next most simple one? Seems a little overly complex a filter doesn't it?

10. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

I guess its how it works now - checking build obsoletions of improvements.

11. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Stone Tools Workshops cannot access resources if I recall. It requires a Special Stone Tool Workshop or something like that I think.

12. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Yeah! I just Captured a Barb Worker! Woohoo!!! :D At least this is working right again. Progress! :mischief::lol:

EDIT: this was with this mornings 11151 SVN. Hope this still works with 11153!??

Attached Files:

13. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

If that's how it works now then great. I spent a lot of hours on this before so maybe it stopped working as it was originally designed at some point and you're just pointing out that it did after some changes that were made. That said, the display is one of the more complex things I've worked on so if we're just trying to say it needs to be improved over what it was setup as, I'd be highly reluctant to care since it has been working for a few years without comment.

14. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

It's always worked that way, I removed it a week ago thinking it was more complex than what was strictly needed, but I added it back again today so it shows all improvements that provide the bonus.
    Seed camp was only shown there because there was a seed camp build in xml without any obsoletion tech. SO it was an xml issue first and foremost raxo was complaining about in regards to the seed camp.

raxo2222 likes this.
  15. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

This improvement never existed, or at least not since I joined team - I removed its remains recently lol

16. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I guess so. As that Northern continent has no Civ on it but my 2 colony cities and I'm not Egyptian in this game.

17. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Egypt was example here - there is like over 400 such cultural wonders/bonuses :p

18. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

I know. I was here when Sparth made all of them and I was here Before ThinderBrd was here. The Only Modder that was here besides SO when I started to play this Mod at SO' request was DH and Hydro. And Both I knew from RoM and AND. I Am the Granpa player around here bubba! ;)

19. Somebody613

Somebody613 Prince

Again - tool tip ERRORS.
    "Provides RESOURCE" should only be seen when it PROVIDES that resource.
    It was beyond confusing (and/or misleading) in many cases.
    Please, take a look into it.

20. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Disagree with you on this. The Tool tip say It can provide a resource is letting the player know that there is a chance this will happen. And when it does Great! At least you Know you have a chance at a New resource.

Not being snarky or meaning to be but is English your native language? Not sure that is why I'm asking.:dunno: