Single Player bugs and crashes v40 plus (SVN) - After Oct 2019

bug!.JPG

Pretty sure that's not supposed to happen! (SNV 11153)

Disagree with you on this. The Tool tip say It can provide a resource is letting the player know that there is a chance this will happen. And when it does Great! At least you Know you have a chance at a New resource.

Not being snarky or meaning to be but is English your native language? Not sure that is why I'm asking.:dunno:
Given youR wrItinG stYle, I can ask you the same thing.
Especially when my entire conversation was about "visible resources that still can't be used - and why I think it's stupid".
You referred to a totally different concept - randomly PUTTING resources onto unoccupied plots by working them.
Which is mostly pointless on Pit's map, because of how tightly packed it is.
(@ everyone)
Unless this process is capable of overwriting the existing hidden resources, which is itself an interesting question.
More than that - if THAT is true, can it be applied to VISIBLE resources as well?
As in, if you Mine enough times, you can replace Apples with Gold, loool.
So, can you?

Given youR wrItinG stYle, I can ask you the same thing.
I'm a poor typist. And if I put a Cap on a word isn't that internetese for emphasis?

As to the rest of it, okay.

I'm a poor typist. And if I put a Cap on a word isn't that internetese for emphasis?

As to the rest of it, okay.
His alternation of random caps is a form of expression that's been adopted lately - it is intended to ridicule and usually is intended to be used during a statement you're trying to ridicule itself. For example, "mY eNtIre coNveRSatIoN wAS AbOut "vISiBle resoUrCEs ThaT sTiLl caN't Be uSEd - and WhY i tHInK iT's stUPiD"

I bring this up because apparently my explanation wasn't good enough.

got a CTD with confusing Windows message of a VRam allocation failure:
(currrent VRam use 950 MB, Memory use 2472 MB)
Graphic Memory could not assigned at ...\Civilization4\SDKs\Gamebroy2_0\CoreLibs\NiDX9Renderer\NiDX9SourceTextureData.cpp, Line 321
confusing is, that I don*t have that file and path (SDKs\ ... )
This happens if Vram load is relative high (over ~750 MB), Ram usage over ~2400 MB and then a graphic window pops up (Leader, or Message for end of research, or such, or I open an interface list)
VRam_MAF.jpg

got a CTD with confusing Windows message of a VRam allocation failure:
(currrent VRam use 950 MB, Memory use 2472 MB)
Graphic Memory could not assigned at ...\Civilization4\SDKs\Gamebroy2_0\CoreLibs\NiDX9Renderer\NiDX9SourceTextureData.cpp, Line 321
confusing is, that I don*t have that file and path (SDKs\ ... )
This happens if Vram load is relative high (over ~750 MB), Ram usage over ~2400 MB and then a graphic window pops up (Leader, or Message for end of research, or such, or I open an interface list)
View attachment 551275
That's a direct X file. I don't think there's much we can do about this - you were probably scrolling the map too much or something.

That's a direct X file. I don't think there's much we can do about this - you were probably scrolling the map too much or something.
"or something" - as I described above. Too fast scrolling - not only that I did not scroll "too fast", also, the system can handle any grafhic speed.
what "you" maybe can do, is to look in the file NiDX9SourceTextureData.cpp what is in Line 321
Someone who has the civ4 SDK and is familar with it should be able to do this.
Conspicuous is, that this happens only if a message window pops up of if an interface listing is opened, AND if the Vram and Ram usage is high already. And the oopups and Interface are "your" work. (scrips, dll, etc.)

cant build a tools workshop or a mine on top of a hill anymore???
Its peak.

Also yes, it was my original intention for Early Mountain Mines.
That is they would be buildable on peaks only if resources are present on them.

You are in Medieval era, research Mountaineering.

Randomly PUTTING resources onto unoccupied plots by working them.
Which is mostly pointless on Pit's map, because of how tightly packed it is.
Unless this process is capable of overwriting the existing hidden resources, which is itself an interesting question.
More than that - if THAT is true, can it be applied to VISIBLE resources as well?
As in, if you Mine enough times, you can replace Apples with Gold, loool.
So, can you?
So?

what "you" maybe can do, is to look in the file NiDX9SourceTextureData.cpp what is in Line 321
Someone who has the civ4 SDK and is familar with it should be able to do this.

That file is part of the graphics engine. Unless you somehow get 2K Games to release the source code of the exe itself there's nothing we can do. The Civ4 sdk only contains the code for the CvGameCore.dll the exe source code was never released.

I don't and how would that turn my units into Jesus?
It simply would break unit graphics and flag graphics - rendering wrong things.
Update to latest SVN - it was fresh bug in SVN 11153, but your save is toast, so start new game.

Top Bottom