1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Single Player bugs and crashes v40 plus (SVN) - After Oct 2019

Discussion in 'Bugs and Crashes' started by Thunderbrd, Oct 20, 2019.

1. Dreifels

Dreifels King

Related RAM MAFs - The CTDs because MAF before 3,200 MB usage ist definitely coused by your doings. Just tested BASE with same BtS exe and dlls and BASE is stabile up to 3,296 MB usage. BASE-Limit-vor-MAF-CTD.jpg

2. JosEPh_II

JosEPh_II TBS WarLord

Thank you again. :)

3. Somebody613

Somebody613 Prince

Since nobody answered it, I'll repeat:
    Does this "discover resources by putting an improvement on a seemingly empty plot" mechanic apply to plots that already have resources?
    Hidden resources?
    Revealed resources?
    Any explanation to actually EXPLAIN how it works?
    Thank you.

4. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

The improvement can go there but unless there's a bug, no resource would be found by doing so.

5. Somebody613

Somebody613 Prince

That's what I'm asking.
    Also, I just saw the discussion about Seasonal Camps, and the whole "probability" something.
    Which confused me even more.
    So, OK, if I put a Mine on an actually empty Hill - is the "find Stone" effect instantaneous the moment the Mine is finished (and then I can try it AGAIN by switching back-and-forth between a Mine and a Fort or whatever), OR is it a mere chance PER TURN of randomly appearing WHILE that Mine is present (so I must WAIT and HOPE for it)?
    These are two completely different mechanics - and I've never seen ANY explicit explanation as to WHICH one is the REAL one.
    So do you mind finally explaining it unambiguously?

6. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

It's a chance per turn. I don't think it expresses the chance ingame but it varies in the xml, from 1 out of 5000-10000 per turn or so.

7. alberts2

alberts2 Emperor

Are you taking about RAM or VRAM allocation failures? In you previous post you had a VRAM allocation failure.

Maybe Civ4 can't use more than 1GB of VRAM. But without the source code for the graphics engine itself it's hard to find out.

8. Somebody613

Somebody613 Prince

And what about hidden (aka yet unrevealed) resources?
    If there's hidden Uranium in a hill - can it be overwritten by Iron if I put a mine there for a thousand turns?
    This would be both good and bad, by the way - depending on the situation.
    But I do get the gist - I should put as many improvements on STILL EMPTY plots as possible, so SOME might actually randomly ACQUIRE respurces.
    Yet again, this is a rather slim chance on Pit's map,which is quite crowded as far as I recall.

9. MrCynical

MrCynical Deity

I've started a new game and have hit a weird issue that the "Tribe" unit doesn't seem to be available to build after researching Tribalism. It's not on the unit build list in the city screen. Even toggling on the untrainable unit display it's not there. I can see all the culture and Neanderthal variants, but Tribe isn't on the list at all.

Has there been some additional requirement added for tribes other than the Tribalism tech? That was the only requirement on earlier versions I'm on revision 11160. There's nothing listed in the civlopedia. Or is there some setting which would interfere with this? It looks like the AI is also affected. Some of the have had the tribalism tech for quite a while, but there's a conspicuous lack of new cities.

10. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

It would not reveal anything if there's something there that simply hasn't been revealed yet so won't replace any map spawned resources. Shouldn't anyhow... it would be a bug if it did. The chance may be slim but small chances every round do add up to common occurrences.

11. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Upload save

Sounds like your game is corrupt.

Most likely you enabled one city challenge and forgot about it..

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
  12. Somebody613

Somebody613 Prince

OK, thanks.

13. MrCynical

MrCynical Deity

Hmm, OCC was on, but I know for a fact I didn't enable that (I never use it and I keep a list of settings for C2C). Last time I updated C2C all of the default game settings had changed and I noted some were very peculiar (both raging and no barbarians active by default, for example). I changed a lot of them, but I didn't touch any OCC option. Evidently OCC is now on by default?? Or some combination of updates screws with which settings are active?

I've changed the setting in worldbuilder and the Tribe unit is now back. I'm a little curious about the AI. OCC is only supposed to affect the human player, but so far all AIs seem to have obeyed the rule as well, and some have had Tribalism for at least 50 turns.

Attached Files:

14. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

Game options were shuffled by SVN 11132 (sorted by type) and 11135 (apparently one game option had to be at particular location), I guess you didn't start new game on SVN, but continued on earlier one.
    That is all your game settings are messed up.
    Delete options line in your vanilla ini file - random game options were selected in your case.
    I guess you had old INI backup too.

As for OCC, yes AIs can have only one city too.

15. Somebody613

Somebody613 Prince

Agaaain: CAN or MUST?
    The way I recall the last discussion about it, it's not yet "must" (but may become that in the future), no?

16. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

You missed key word: "only" :p
    So yeah, AIs can't have more than one city with OCC.

17. Volgadar

Volgadar Chieftain

Steampunk workers can't build manufactoring complex by themselves. But group "modern + steampunk" worker builds manufactoring complex 2x faster, while steam-worker just idle.

18. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

Sounds like a logic error in the code, that it doesn't check if all the workers can build it before adding their work strength to whatever the group is building.
    Though it could also be seen as a feature... One worker knows how to build it, while the other is just extra labour force administered by the first.
    The steampunk worker should probably be able to build that improvement too though.

19. Somebody613

Somebody613 Prince

Now we're talking!
    I'm currently in the middle of a looong Eternity game that I have no wish to interrupt (even with a parallel save), but some day I'm so gonna try out OCC on Pit's Earth.

20. Thunderbrd

Thunderbrd C2C War Dog

Wonder how that happened. IF that's possible, then one could group regular workers with Great Farmers...