Single Player bugs and crashes v42 plus (SVN) - After April 2022

Japan

still see alot of workers being built, in just one city ..

Attachments

• mod workers.JPG
    mod workers.JPG
    367.9 KB · Views: 28
I noticed it too. When war breaks out, I easily capture a lot of workers. One time it was in the triple digits.

Having it too. Conquered a city in late Medieval era, took over 100 buffalo workers and about 80 mule workers.

Found and fixed the worker bug, AI literally always thought it needed more workers.
SVN update incoming. ca. 30 min.
Dogs should be next. And some other units. It's annoyingly stupid to have to cut through maybe 3 buffed up archers, and then to waste a dozen of turns on weeding out 100 dogs and explorers, and all the while no new archers appear, let alone buff up. It's not "desperate measures", because no actual defensive units appear, it just pretends to wear your patience down with useless "defenders", lol. Or it's just a bug, obviously.

Since the latest SVN, MAFs have constantly occurring. Most recent save attached.

Edit:
Reverted back to 11495, no MAFs so far.

Attachments

• AutoSave_November 24, AD-1865.CivBeyondSwordSave
    13 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Ranged Assault by Dragon Ship Pirate is performed successfully but single target unit (Surku near Lampang) still has strength 2,72 as before assault.

Windows 7 x64.
v42.1.BETA.7110 (game has been started in earlier version)

P.S. In recent versions responsibility of the program achieved level that I did not believe that it may be ever achieved in the program (without changes in .exe) .
Thanks for person responsible for the code.
EDIT: version is 7110. I forgot about editing after copy and paste.

Attachments

• Tupi Ranged Assault August 1, AD-1389.7z
    7.2 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Check Revolutions for textual errors, random errors appear once in a while (not gonna upload, since probably non-repeatable).

So I loaded my save from yesterday and it looks like most of my unhappiness has disappeared - I spotted it when I checked out a recently-conquered city expecting it to be unhappy (it had just finished revolting), but no, 35 total happiness and 0 total unhappiness. Mousing over the total in the city view shows unhappiness from certain buildings (some of which don't seem to be present in the city according to the left pane, and there are some odd values, like +8 unhappiness from the apparently absent negotiator's hut), but there are no totals listed for unhappiness. Some other cities have a small amount of total unhappiness (mostly in the 1-10 range), but show the presumably-correct (higher) totals in their happiness breakdown tooltips.

There is no anarchy or golden age, and I can't think of anything else that would cause something like this, so I'm at a bit of loss here. I've tried passing the turn and recalculating modifiers (assuming I'm remembering correctly that it's ctrl+shift+t to do that) and it doesn't change - going back through my saves it looks like the problem started about eight turns prior and persists in the save file.

This is on version 42.1.BETA.7097

So I loaded my save from yesterday and it looks like most of my unhappiness has disappeared - I spotted it when I checked out a recently-conquered city expecting it to be unhappy (it had just finished revolting), but no, 35 total happiness and 0 total unhappiness. Mousing over the total in the city view shows unhappiness from certain buildings (some of which don't seem to be present in the city according to the left pane, and there are some odd values, like +8 unhappiness from the apparently absent negotiator's hut), but there are no totals listed for unhappiness. Some other cities have a small amount of total unhappiness (mostly in the 1-10 range), but show the presumably-correct (higher) totals in their happiness breakdown tooltips.

There is no anarchy or golden age, and I can't think of anything else that would cause something like this, so I'm at a bit of loss here. I've tried passing the turn and recalculating modifiers (assuming I'm remembering correctly that it's ctrl+shift+t to do that) and it doesn't change - going back through my saves it looks like the problem started about eight turns prior and persists in the save file.

This is on version 42.1.BETA.7097
Upload save before and after this happened

Here you go, both before and after are in there. I think it affects all of my cities, but Adulis (near the Egyptian border) is the one I checked to pick up on which save it was. The city I first noticed it in, Avaris, I didn't capture until a couple more turns after these saves.

Edit: further playing around with things indicates it's something do do with the war with Egypt, as making peace with them (but not making peace with America, who I'm separately at war with) seems to fix it. I've been at war with Egypt for a good while (50-60 turns on normal speed) and I did think it was strange that I wasn't getting clobbered by war weariness yet.

Attachments

• unhappiness_before_and_after.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Some bonuses, like Waters of Life, local legend, medicine, disappeared from map since 7110 or 7113. They was present before.

Attachments

• Tupi.7z
    14.2 MB · Views: 7
Top Bottom