Single Player bugs and crashes v42 plus (SVN) - After April 2022

Keep playing it keeps happening, I am taking a long break from Civilization, hopefully the culture issues are solved eventually.

now "spies" cant enter enemy cities??

Attachments

• spy.JPG
    spy.JPG
    198 KB · Views: 42
  • Angel36.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 15
Two more bugs or at least things that should definitely be fixed.
1.) What happened to the [Might] promo? Pedia shows it should be available (and has no prereqs whatsoever, which MAY be the bug itself), yet it isn't.
2.) The idiot AI had previously built [Exile Practices] in the city I now captured, and I can't get rid of it. Totally disagree if it's "by design", because I'm constantly being raided by f-ing Exiles.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    260.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
    192.3 KB · Views: 23
  • Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 23
1. tried to air attack with missiles and they wont let me do any to the enemy, not even the city . .?? see pic 1

2. The wrong saying is in this tech?? it shows one , but the saying says another??pic 2 . .

3. EDIT also, spies can only assassinate, celebs. prophets/etc etc, not units itself,, WHY???? pic 3>

Attachments

• wrong saying.JPG
    wrong saying.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 25
  • air attack.JPG
    air attack.JPG
    421.5 KB · Views: 20
  • assass.JPG
    assass.JPG
    181.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
how come under "chieftain" that when i choose CASTE_SYSTEM it goes to 6 anarchy, thats waaay to much for a simple tech and early ancient era, what do u say??

Attachments

• 6 anarch.JPG
    6 anarch.JPG
    181.2 KB · Views: 33
how come under "chieftain" that when i choose CASTE_SYSTEM it goes to 6 anarchy, thats waaay to much for a simple tech and early ancient era, what do u say??
@raxo2222 : Did we make it so that the anarchy part of high education isn't as limited by era as the rest of the education elements? It probably should be just as limited in the steps that can be achieved by era.

This seems like a lot, but it's easily beat by keeping the change til a golden age. I'm also wondering what game speed this is on because on the longest speeds I wouldn't think 6 rounds is actually all that long for anything to take place. It's all rather relative. But if this is on a mere Long gamespeed or something then yeah I'd agree it's too much. On normal, then yeah probably way too much. But then it all depends on what other math factors may be influencing the game.

@raxo2222 : Did we make it so that the anarchy part of high education isn't as limited by era as the rest of the education elements? It probably should be just as limited in the steps that can be achieved by era.
Nope

At maximum it would be +65% - even +50% would be very hard to reach, so maybe +20% is possible in Ancient.
5 turns of anarchy would become 8 turns in worst case possible.
It seems like anarchy stuff isn't limited by tech unlike other education stuff.

EDIT: Apparently I did change it long time ago as it seemed like it wasn't intentional.
* Argumentative Awareness (+Anarchy mod from high education) wasn't mean to be gated by techs

Last edited:
Just saw the new release. I hope all my save "Civic test" games still work. :p

Just saw the new release. I hope all my save "Civic test" games still work. :p
The chatter on Discord seems to suggest we haven't broken anything significant on saves. I wasn't sure myself.

The ones on this computer are still working. :thumbsup:

dont know if u changed it yet on discord, but the anarchy is waaay out of control...just to change one (1) civic on Chieftain is 6 turns anarchy, to get a NEW religion is 5 turns on Chieftain, when playing on Chieftain 1 or the very MOST anarchy turns should be 2..

if i change 5-6 civics now i will get over 30-40 turns of anarchy . .on "CHIEFTAIN" thats just nuts. . .

Attachments

• settings.JPG
    settings.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 25
dont know if u changed it yet on discord, but the anarchy is waaay out of control...just to change one (1) civic on Chieftain is 6 turns anarchy, to get a NEW religion is 5 turns on Chieftain, when playing on Chieftain 1 or the very MOST anarchy turns should be 2..

if i change 5-6 civics now i will get over 30-40 turns of anarchy . .on "CHIEFTAIN" thats just nuts. . .
StrategyOnly I have not changed any anarchy time on the Civics. That was either raxxo or someone else. And yes, the Anarchy times for Normal GS are Too long! Especially early game, the 1st 3-4 Eras imo. I have not looked into the xml files lately to see how it is being generated now.

Personally, I also do not like the way certain buildings got stripped of the Culture points to a bare minimum across the board. Especially since the AI is now even more predisposed to settling right next to your 1st city(s) in Preh Era and beyond. I prefer a level starting field in regard to spacing/distance between AI and Player.

One more pet peeve, the timeline for dates is so screwed up with the current time divisions per Era and Game Speed. I hate being in late Ancient Era or early Classical and already be in early AD time. I'm thinking seriously about making a modmod to correct this.

And finally I really do think my modmod settings for Tech Conquest are far Superior to the minimalistic setting it is now.

Last edited:
Hmm... the base anarchy on civics really shouldn't be getting results that high on normal gamespeed. It would be very worth reviewing how the equation is setup but high education should be more limited in the early game, at least that much is identified and could be corrected fairly easily - but it shouldn't be causing THAT much anarchy unless education is WAY too easily accumulated at that stage of the game. So I suspect the equation should be reviewed to see if some refactoring has skewed intent.

Top Bottom