Six-Months War; Take 4

Brasil Mundo - January 1st, 1923

"Brasil's Number One Paper since 1889"

Deforestation of the Amazon makes way for agriculture and industry - Natives upset

By Piere Rodrigues

In late November last year (1922), construction workers arrived en masse to the Hamlet of St. Maria (not to be confused with Santa Maria) after a firm purchased tracts of Jungle outside of Santana, Brazil. Word got around town that the workers were there to begin demolishing the town hall, which proved to be false. "I don't know how these rumors got started," says mayor Paulo Herminio, "But they have got to stop." After an interview with the Mayor of St Maria, Paulo Herminio, conversation with the construction workers led me to the site of Falsa Casa de Santa Maria, a local shrine. Just beyond the site's official boundaries, it was clear to me that the construction that was actually going on was the removal of swathes of uninhabitable jungle biome. Several of the workers had been found ... [MORE ON PAGE 12B]

Twelve dead in office fire in lower 'Rio

By Miguel Watsata

Investigation into the fire on the corner of Main and West in downtown Rio de Janeiro in early December has lead fire fighters to believe it was an act of arson. Suspects have been apprehended and are being questioned, but no names have been released. The Chief Fire Marshall Miguel Cavajiero, in a recent press release, has stated that he believes the arson could be linked to an earlier string of fires from early 1907, as the methods of ignition and placement of the fuels has been eerily similar. Further official details have not been provided, however one eye-witness has come forward to give us their take on the situation... [CONTINUED ON NEXT PAGE -->]

Orders sent, TLK.

To: Everyone that cares about the crisis in the Balkans

We can no longer wait on the Germans, and will hereby tell the world of this, without them.

Nations of the world, you receive this message at Balkan Republic's hour of need. We tried to negotiate with the rebels, and they would not listen. The Serbs and the Croats are not independent, and at this rate, will never be independent. They are not ready for independence, and we cannot trust them to not massacre those who disagree with them if they are given full self-determination. We proposed a good alternative, and went through with it, and they spat in our faces.

Now, the real issue comes into play; The Kingdom of Italy. They seek to further destabilize the Balkans, and cause yet another war. Armies march, and the lands burn. The rebellion was nearly at an end, when the Italians began to supply the Serbs and Croats. Then, more blood was spilled. The Italians over the past year, as proven by their actions, are not humanitarian. They want more war, and more bloodshed to wrack the Balkans, They want more innocents to die, they want the whole region to destroy itself.

The rebellion was brought to full strength once more using Italy's supplies. The weapons taken from the bodies of dead rebels, were cataloged, and investigated by our weaponsmiths, to be identified as Italian in origin. Thus, we were left with only three possible suspect countries: Greece, Spain, and the Kingdom of Italy itself. First, we narrowed the scope using simple logic. Greece does not have the money to pull this off, and it would also be counterproductive for them to do this. Spanish shipments would have been seen already due to the distance they would have to travel. Using this, we looked to Italy. Italy is the perfect formula. It is close, and it has the economic power to support the rebels fully and absolutely.

Then, we delved into our king's diplomatic records, and what we found was astonishing, and shocked everyone in our newly built Parliament. We found negotiations with Italy, where they stated that they would do anything within their power to free the Serbs, Croats, and especially the Italian minorities. Italy has brought further bloodshed to the Balkans, and we condemn their actions.

After we say this, we ask this question of the world: What should we do about the Italian threat to the stability of the Mediterranean Region?
Spoiler Proof :

Italy:
We will do all in our power to ensure the Italian, and other repressed minorities get equal rights, and their eventual independence
Mod Notes:
I can tell you that some of your weapon's smiths have looked at the designs of the weapons used by the rebels, and they seem to be of Italian origin, but they could just as easily be from somewhere like Spain or Greece.

Well folks, we're running out of time, and I'm still missing a significant amount of orders. If you want a timely update, get them in!

OOC - not sure if that's a declaration of war or not, but if you do declare war do it before the orders are due.

Edit - xpost my orders aren't in yet because I don't know whether he's going to go war with me or not.

OOC - not sure if that's a declaration of war or not, but if you do declare war do it before the orders are due.

Edit - xpost my orders aren't in yet because I don't know whether he's going to go war with me or not.
OOC - Did I mention war in that statement?

Mine have just been sent. Sorry about the lateness I've been working on a project this weekend.

Haakon VII of Norway signs The Baltic Pact, and the Treaty of Kiel.

No but making such bold statements, which are untrue, usually precipitate war. And I wasn't sure whether you were honorable enough to do it on the thread..
The question is not whether you are guilty or not, it is of if anyone else helped.

Orders sent, though most of the Doha Conference seems to have failed to show up so far...

If any final diplomacy in the conference is made, someone can let me know, and I can fix the update, so long as it's not in the final stages of production.

Orders are in.

I'm missing a significant number of orders still, and the deadline has passed, so I will still be accepting orders, but no revisions to orders already sent in. Work on the update has begun, and I have gotten fairly far, so me finishing it is entirely up to when I get other orders in.

Orders Sent

EDIT: Wow. That was close.

I unfortunately must drop out. Sorry, but I am GMing a new NES, and have to drop out of some things.

Top Bottom