So Islam is a religion of peace?

Have you talked to Christ? Some Jews not far removed form Jesus' own time supported the Sicarii. And the notion of a Holy War wouldn't necessarily have been alien to Jesus either; the Old Testament provided much of the intellectual justification and arguably the whole idea of Holy War. Having said that, I would tend to agree with your assessment because I believe that to be the case and also because I think the evidence would best support that conclusion (concerns over anachronisms aside).

Sorry.
Christ DID condemn them in the NT.

AdamGM said:
Christ DID condemn them in the NT.

You would need to provide a citation to back that up. All I can find is Acts 5:37 which says: 'After him, Judas the Galilean [one of two founders of the Zealots] appeared in the days of the census and led a band of people in revolt. He too was killed, and all his followers were scattered.' The NT is kind of light on the Jewish Wars; and I'm also not entirely sure that it's right to equate the Zealots with the Sicarii.

But that's irrelavant. The overwhelming majority of their citizens are Christian, therefor it's a Christian organization, like AARP, or the Democratic Partry, or the American Boxing Association. Membership matters, not policies, according to you.
Is that what you actually get from my posts in this thread? What utter rubbish.

Well your opinion doesn't amount to much.
Now that's even more absurd given what you have just posted.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Troubles

The principal issues at stake in the Troubles were the constitutional status of Northern Ireland and the relationship between the mainly Protestant unionist and mainly Catholic nationalist communities in Northern Ireland. The Troubles had both political and military (or paramilitary) dimensions. Its participants included republican and loyalist paramilitaries, the security forces of the United Kingdom and of the Republic of Ireland, and nationalist and unionist politicians and political activists.

The Troubles refers to approximately three decades of violence between elements of Northern Ireland's nationalist community (who mainly self-identified as Irish and/or Roman Catholic) and its unionist community (who mainly self-identified as British and/or Protestant). Use of the term "the Troubles" has been raised at Northern Ireland Assembly level, as some people considered this period of conflict to have been a war.[15][16][17][18][19] The conflict was the result of discrimination against the Nationalist/Catholic minority by the Unionist/Protestant majority[20] and the question of Northern Ireland's status within the United Kingdom.[21][22] The violence was characterised by the armed campaigns of Irish republican and Ulster loyalist paramilitary groups. This included the Provisional Irish Republican Army (IRA) campaign of 1969–1997, intended to end British rule in Northern Ireland and to reunite Ireland politically and thus create a 32 county Irish Republic; and of the Ulster Volunteer Force (UVF), formed in 1966 in response to the perceived erosion of both the British character of, and unionist domination of, Northern Ireland.[citation needed] The state security forces—the British Army and the Royal Ulster Constabulary (RUC)—were also involved in the violence.

Your position in this matter is completely contrary to the facts.

This is exactly the sort of cultural reductionism that sees all violence in the Muslim world as being Islamic violence, without regards to whether the violence is motivated by Islamic beliefs. In other words, the very thing the people on the wrong side of the debate over Islam.
Have I even insinuated it was one-sided? Or that Islam was inherently violent? Or that Protestantism or Catholicism were? Again, what utter rubbish.

But they do have a great deal in common because they are both prime examples of sectarian violence, and many think only one side is to blame, especially by those who have deep religious convictions themselves.

I'm seeing a continual theme that Israel by your own estimation, is only slightly better than Saudi Arabia or Pakistan.

"And you are lynching negros" is a bad argument when dealing with an American, it's an extremely poor policy for dealing with a third party.
No, in comparation to regular security prisonning we give fair conditions.
It's true that there had been some torturing, but these are usually individual soldiers, and not an order. Moreover, many soldiers or officers are investigated and punished for doing such things.

That's completely disrespectable to do in the face of torture.
Look at the above. ^

Are you legitimizing institutionalized racist torture with the provided compensation? Sorry I burned down your village, here's some gold?
It's not institutionalized. Many soldiers or officer are investigated and punished for doing such things.

Uh, isn't it like that in all Western countries? The standard you're setting is still low. Don't whiff off torture. It's a serious black spot in your national image that you actually do that.
I'm not sure that in the western world terrorists with blood on their hands are allowed to study in jail, but nevermind.
The torturing aren't an official policy at all, as I mentioned many times before.
And again, those who do so usually get punished.

Why don't you know? If Denmark found out that our military had tortured rebellious Greenlanders, I'd assure you that the government had to abdicate and call for a premature election. And expect not to be reelected.

Our country is still in outrage when we discovered we had willingly given the American military (who we know use torture) control over war prisoners a few years ago. The whole military department was in crisis for a year.

The thing called torture shouldn't be whiffed off as you do there. And "We didn't like it but don't know if it ended" isn't excusing that you do. The fact that you seem to address it so indifferently because you feed the child that you beat up seems to me, if you were the representation of the Israeli culture, that your country has a long way before being as civilized - and good - as the free Western world.
1. I meant that I don't know if the conditions of the imprisoned terrorists were wrosened after the deal of Shalith.
2. Don't compare Dennmark to Israel.
You leave in a peaceful areas, and your problems are ridiculous.
If a minister would have to leave his office because of such a thing, we would have elections every week.
We have so many things to call for elections about, some of them can't be really compared to some incidents of torturing prisoners - Iran, Syria, Orthodox Jews not serving in the army, economical demands of the middle calss, and many other issues..
You have to understand that what makes a political earthquake in Dennmark, can't even find its place in the headlines Israel.

And stop thinking that Israel isn't doing anything against torturings, because it does enforce it.

Form, you don't have the reading comprehension to actually read and respond to my posts, and you don't have the reading comprehension to even read the wikipedia articles you skim through.

Why are you so invested in labeling the most secular political organization in Westminster a Catholic organization?

Why are you unwilling to acknowledge a standard definition of what a secular organization is?

That's another good one. Do Trekkies get judged by Roddenbery, Shatner, Stewart, Kirk or Picard?
Depends on whether you believe if Kirk proceeds jointly and equally from Roddenberry and Shatner.

Heretic! We all know Kirk is subordinate to Picard and Roddenberry!

Form, you don't have the reading comprehension to actually read and respond to my posts, and you don't have the reading comprehension to even read the wikipedia articles you skim through.

Why are you so invested in labeling the most secular political organization in Westminster a Catholic organization?

Why are you unwilling to acknowledge a standard definition of what a secular organization is?

Because you haven't given any independent proof that the IRA/Sinn Fein is secular, you've just beaten your cheat and gone "Urrgggh, Sinn Fein is secular fool"

Because you haven't given any independent proof that the IRA/Sinn Fein is secular, you've just beaten your cheat and gone "Urrgggh, Sinn Fein is secular fool"
You mean, other than their actual website and stated aims, and their general lack of involvement with anything that pushes Catholicism?

Heretic! We all know Kirk is subordinate to Picard and Roddenberry!
I'm quite syncretic as long as you agree that Rick Berman is the devil.

Rick Berman became the devil. While he did a good job with TNG, Generations, and First Contact, he fell like Lucifer and his work became sloppy with DS9, VOY, and ENT.

You mean, other than their actual website and stated aims, and their general lack of involvement with anything that pushes Catholicism?

Websites from organisations and their stated aims lie. Look at the USSR constitution of 1936, it said it was the most democratic in the world but reality was way different. They were mostly Catholic nationalists who wanted Northern Ireland to join a Catholic country.

Websites from organisations and their stated aims lie. Look at the USSR constitution of 1936, it said it was the most democratic in the world but reality was way different.
Can you point to the reality of Sinn Fein being any different? They've been in Government for 30 years. If they were actually interested in pushing Catholic policies, it'd be pretty easy for them, since the DUP and even the Conservative Party would be willing to play ball on most of those issues.

Or are they so good at keeping their secret popish plots hidden that they haven't shown hide nor hair of it in 30 years?

Can you point to the reality of Sinn Fein being any different? They've been in Government for 30 years. If they were actually interested in pushing Catholic policies, it'd be pretty easy for them, since the DUP and even the Conservative Party would be willing to play ball on most of those issues.

Or are they so good at keeping their secret popish plots hidden that they haven't shown hide nor hair of it in 30 years?

They haven't been in government though, sure they have been in local politics for 30 years but thats different. They won't be in government for ages because the Unionists out number Republicans.

They haven't been in government though, sure they have been in local politics for 30 years but thats different. They won't be in government for ages because the Unionists out number Republicans.
Locally, they are in the government of northern Ireland. They are the secondary partner in the ruling coalition, and hold the post of deputy first minister.
They have 14 seats in the Dail, 3 in the Seanad, 5 in Westminster, and 2 in the European Parliament. Surely somewhere one of these parliamentarians would have advance a Catholic agenda by now, if there was some secret plot.

Top Bottom