[SoI] The "OMG, look what happened in SoI!" -thread

Mongols certainly have not been nerfed. I don't know what's causing it, but it's most likely related to stability, because civs still lose cities, but seem to be collapsing less often from this. There was a stability fix in last patch (Courthouses were not giving the bonus), for instance. Also something could have gone wrong with civ bonuses when they were moved to Python, but if that happened, the consequences would have been much more noticeable.

ok then, I'll keep out an eye for any suspicious behavior :cool:

Hello,

Here is my Georgian Iraq (in attachment).

City of Bagdad earn for me 134 gold per turn, and 137 tech points. So, this is near 1/5 of my whole national taxes and techs income!
City of Kufa earn also 56 gold per turn, because there is Imam Ali Mosque.

Maybe these two cities hit a little in my stability, but they working for my 20% of my GNP :)

Now i know, why the Bush too wanted to have the Iraq :D In reality, also the Mesopotamia territory was the realy rich.

Attachments

• georgian-iraq.jpg
    georgian-iraq.jpg
    391.4 KB · Views: 544
What happened to your UHVs? Are you going for a time victory now? You don't have much time left :)

In my game there was not chance to control or vassalize the Trebizond (1st UHV) and whole of Caucasus, because to do so I would have to fight with a Byzantion and Armenian both (they was alive in 1200 AD), when they was my geo-political friends :p So I did not wanna to make a war then. Finally I conquered these regions, but after Byzantion and Armienia collapse (in ~1275 AD).

I was close to 3st UHV, cause there were only 2 cities in enemy hands, but I did not have enough military power. Maybe in another play :)

One of the grandest Norman Empire that I have seen. BTW, that could be a dynamic name for them..?

However, Zengids have replaced KoJ:

I'm slowly going through the civs, trying to win each UHV on Caliph. I just finished up Kingdom of Sindh on Caliph, but I was helped along by two such extraordinary bits of luck that I don't know if I should count it as a victory. (No screenshots, sorry)

First: about a dozen turns into the game, I get the "greed" event targeting the iron near Lahore, which I was on my way to conquer anyway. After taking Lahore and getting a border expansion, a horde of Ghulam Guards (!) pop out of the Margalla Hills awaiting my orders. I sent some of them to take Delhi, which ended up being a poor choice. I didn't need the extra production for the first UHV, and it just hurt my stability and already-poor relations with the Chauhans. Still, though, seven or eight Ghulam Guards can make up for a lot of poor planning!

Second: and this I can't remember EVER seeing. A few more turns in, as I'm gearing up the Indus valley to be a production powerhouse and I've sent some of my ill-gotten Ghulams to beef up my home defenses, Yemen sails a ship up to my borders and wants to have a chat. Since I'm playing Caliph, Yemen starts out cautious despite the fact that we're coreligionists, and I'm about ready to dismiss them when I notice he's offering to trade his incense. I'm flabbergasted. I've had +10 relations with Yemen before, and they won't let go of their precious incense for love nor money. This time, I was able to get it for nothing more than some spare cotton I had lying around. I guess it's possible Yemen didn't have any Sufis for some reason, maybe Hadi refused a call to a Hajj or two, and their piety level was too low for the Sufis. Anyway, with the incense I was able to build the Sufi shrines in the late 1100s, and I conquered Gujarat shortly thereafter. Not the most impressive Caliph victory, maybe, but I suppose I'd rather be lucky than good.

I don't even think this game has units capable of killing it.

Attachments

• godlikelongbowman.jpg
    godlikelongbowman.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 638
a couple of (Heavy) Horse Archers with flanking III, or maybe City Attack III Seige would be my first shot after bombarding down the walls :p

"Shia Islam has spread in CITY_NAME_MISSING!"

"Refugees from the destroyed city of Urfa have arrived at CITY_NAME_MISSING!"

Looks like Basil II finally decided to abondon his heathen ways and join Sunni Islam!

Kingdom of George has DECLARED war on Safavid Empire!
Most of the time it's reversed.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0109.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0109.JPG
    219.9 KB · Views: 1,257
  • Civ4ScreenShot0110.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0110.JPG
    172 KB · Views: 1,270
  • Civ4ScreenShot0111.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0111.JPG
    205.1 KB · Views: 1,273
  • Civ4ScreenShot0112.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0112.JPG
    141.7 KB · Views: 1,270
They survived the Mongols and are a master of four civs, later Yemen vassalised to them as well.

Can't believe the Buyids survived that long. Usually they collapse before this. They continued to survive over a century after this.

strong abbasisd - long life for buyids :)
Spoiler :

usually buyds capture city in iraq, after respawn abbasids and spawn seljuks buyds 100% collapse

Last edited:
Gujarat with capital in Makkah ^^
Next screenshot my Heavy cavalry on armenian territory without war and open borders:eek:

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 211
  • Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
    175.3 KB · Views: 254
Armenia are u vassal?
no. Actually there was rebel tile and rebel marksman on it, i sent there 2 heavy cavalrys, after they killed marksman, tile became armenian, but one of them without movement points stayed on that tile.

Top Bottom