1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[SoI] The "OMG, look what happened in SoI!" -thread

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall: The Sword of Islam' started by Jusos2108, Mar 26, 2011.

1. embryodead

embryodead Caliph

Mongols certainly have not been nerfed. I don't know what's causing it, but it's most likely related to stability, because civs still lose cities, but seem to be collapsing less often from this. There was a stability fix in last patch (Courthouses were not giving the bonus), for instance. Also something could have gone wrong with civ bonuses when they were moved to Python, but if that happened, the consequences would have been much more noticeable.

2. The Turk

The Turk Deity

ok then, I'll keep out an eye for any suspicious behavior :cool:

3. narvego

narvego Chieftain

Hello,

Here is my Georgian Iraq (in attachment).

City of Bagdad earn for me 134 gold per turn, and 137 tech points. So, this is near 1/5 of my whole national taxes and techs income!
    City of Kufa earn also 56 gold per turn, because there is Imam Ali Mosque.

Maybe these two cities hit a little in my stability, but they working for my 20% of my GNP :)

Now i know, why the Bush too wanted to have the Iraq :D In reality, also the Mesopotamia territory was the realy rich.

Attached Files:

4. Tigranes

Tigranes Armenian

What happened to your UHVs? Are you going for a time victory now? You don't have much time left :)

5. narvego

narvego Chieftain

In my game there was not chance to control or vassalize the Trebizond (1st UHV) and whole of Caucasus, because to do so I would have to fight with a Byzantion and Armenian both (they was alive in 1200 AD), when they was my geo-political friends :p So I did not wanna to make a war then. Finally I conquered these regions, but after Byzantion and Armienia collapse (in ~1275 AD).

I was close to 3st UHV, cause there were only 2 cities in enemy hands, but I did not have enough military power. Maybe in another play :)

6. Jusos2108

Jusos2108 Deity

One of the grandest Norman Empire that I have seen. BTW, that could be a dynamic name for them..?

However, Zengids have replaced KoJ:

7. Replacement

Replacement Robot Elephant

I'm slowly going through the civs, trying to win each UHV on Caliph. I just finished up Kingdom of Sindh on Caliph, but I was helped along by two such extraordinary bits of luck that I don't know if I should count it as a victory. (No screenshots, sorry)

First: about a dozen turns into the game, I get the "greed" event targeting the iron near Lahore, which I was on my way to conquer anyway. After taking Lahore and getting a border expansion, a horde of Ghulam Guards (!) pop out of the Margalla Hills awaiting my orders. I sent some of them to take Delhi, which ended up being a poor choice. I didn't need the extra production for the first UHV, and it just hurt my stability and already-poor relations with the Chauhans. Still, though, seven or eight Ghulam Guards can make up for a lot of poor planning!

Second: and this I can't remember EVER seeing. A few more turns in, as I'm gearing up the Indus valley to be a production powerhouse and I've sent some of my ill-gotten Ghulams to beef up my home defenses, Yemen sails a ship up to my borders and wants to have a chat. Since I'm playing Caliph, Yemen starts out cautious despite the fact that we're coreligionists, and I'm about ready to dismiss them when I notice he's offering to trade his incense. I'm flabbergasted. I've had +10 relations with Yemen before, and they won't let go of their precious incense for love nor money. This time, I was able to get it for nothing more than some spare cotton I had lying around. I guess it's possible Yemen didn't have any Sufis for some reason, maybe Hadi refused a call to a Hajj or two, and their piety level was too low for the Sufis. Anyway, with the incense I was able to build the Sufi shrines in the late 1100s, and I conquered Gujarat shortly thereafter. Not the most impressive Caliph victory, maybe, but I suppose I'd rather be lucky than good.

8. Sovietof17

Sovietof17 Warlord

I don't even think this game has units capable of killing it.

Attached Files:

9. DC123456789

DC123456789 Deity

Umm... might have to wait an era or two while you get better units...

And that's a huge Makuria.

10. Sian

Sian Emperor

a couple of (Heavy) Horse Archers with flanking III, or maybe City Attack III Seige would be my first shot after bombarding down the walls :p

11. Lokki242

Lokki242 That One Guy

One time the PoA controlled Egypt, the Levant and Iraq and was still stable for me.

12. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

"Shia Islam has spread in CITY_NAME_MISSING!"

"Refugees from the destroyed city of Urfa have arrived at CITY_NAME_MISSING!"

Looks like Basil II finally decided to abondon his heathen ways and join Sunni Islam!

Kingdom of George has DECLARED war on Safavid Empire!
    Most of the time it's reversed.

Attached Files:

13. Jusos2108

Jusos2108 Deity

They survived the Mongols and are a master of four civs, later Yemen vassalised to them as well.

14. Jusos2108

Jusos2108 Deity

double post..

15. Dumanios

Dumanios MLG

Can't believe the Buyids survived that long. Usually they collapse before this. They continued to survive over a century after this.

16. SanJose

SanJose King

strong abbasisd - long life for buyids :)
    Spoiler :

usually buyds capture city in iraq, after respawn abbasids and spawn seljuks buyds 100% collapse

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  17. SanJose

SanJose King

First Crusade fail
    Spoiler :

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  18. dmitrytrue

dmitrytrue Prince

Gujarat with capital in Makkah ^^
    Next screenshot my Heavy cavalry on armenian territory without war and open borders:eek:

Attached Files:

19. SanJose

SanJose King

Armenia are u vassal?

20. dmitrytrue

dmitrytrue Prince

no. Actually there was rebel tile and rebel marksman on it, i sent there 2 heavy cavalrys, after they killed marksman, tile became armenian, but one of them without movement points stayed on that tile.