Speculation: New patch and/or DLC on the 21st of november

Right now I'd focus on African civs, get Carthage or Ethiopia in there because it is really under represented right now. Zulu would also be decent.

Then I'd go back to Europe, with Dutch Portugal, and a colonization of the world scenario.

As far as expansions, outside of balance and diplomacy and other underlying issues, I would add some new resources, new abilities/buildings, and other bonus content (random events, disasters, better CS options, trade options, vassals, colonization, etc).

I can do without religion (maybe new religious buildings if anything) and Espionage (other than Spy units, point system would be excessive). While I'd like to see those things back in, other areas need to be addressed first and foremost.

In a series of recent polls on the topic at 2K forums, Kongo and Zimbabwe were topping the list by a long way, Zulu, Ethiopia and Carthage were far behind. I think we are in need of some new civs, and Kongo / Zimbabwe would make excellent civilizations.

In a series of recent polls on the topic at 2K forums, Kongo and Zimbabwe were topping the list by a long way, Zulu, Ethiopia and Carthage were far behind. I think we are in need of some new civs, and Kongo / Zimbabwe would make excellent civilizations.

That's actually quite surprising as I assume the Dutch and the Maya were on the list as well as Zulu and Carthage. I'd be happy to see Zimbabwe in the game, but I'm a little unsure of UU's and leader's and such. I'm fairly good with general history knowledge but there's not going to be anything that the devs can put out from Kongo or Zimbabwe that will make me want to insta-buy because I can't wait to play them. Compared to putting up Shaka Zulu and the impis I'll expect to find it only mildly appealing and I'd be surprised if Zimbabwe had better sales prospects than either Zulu or any of those other three civs I mentioned. We'll see. Personally I think it's unlikely, but I'd be happy to see it for something different as I was with Polynesia.

But I'm still hanging on a distant dream, anybody want a giant BtS style expansion with religion, espionage and improved AI for christmas?

There have been so many polls that there's almost a selection bias by now. People who strongly want something vote, while those who are happy with three or four commonly used Civs won't vote. Therefore, those Civs seem unpopular.

Regardless of this, there are still favourites doing well, above the newcomers. Here is the last available results - the polls have been closed and we're waiting for the finals

1. (46) Netherlands
3. (42) Celts, Phoenicia
4. (37) Maya
5. (36) Austro-Hungaria
7. (35) Kongo, Zimbabwe
8. (34) Portugal
10. (33) Ethiopia, Inuit
12. (32) Byzantium, Israel
14. (29) Nubia, Zulu
15. (28) Majapahit
17. (24) Hittites, Sweden
19. (23) Assyria, Plains Indians
20. (22) Sumeria
24. (21) Arawak, Mississipians, Timurids, Viet Nam
25. (20) Papuan
27. (19) Koori, Venice
29. (18) Tibet, Tupi/Guarani
31. (17) Holy Roman Empire, Morocco
32. (16) Brazil
33. (15) Huns
35. (13) Australia, Nok
38. (12) Bulgaria, Khmer, Pueblo/Navajo

Poland was originally on the list, but due to mass voting drives by the Polish community (Poland had 18% of the votes, compared to 4% of Portugal, the next closest at the time) it was removed.

But for almost three weeks, it seems that the polish community has kidnapped the autor of this poll:lol:

Bring Carthage forth! Or the Zulu! Or some African civ!

Also they need to diversify each civ a little more. Right now, too many civs are military biased... you have to give Civs some culture, science, and economic bonuses as well. Not just military units and abilities.

I say three things among UB, UI's, UU's.... for each civ. Maybe expanded abilities...

ie) England (50% more gold for naval trade routes)

I read the first page and then this page.

While I am mildly amused and intriqued as to the progression of the thread from there to here its not enough to read the in between.

So wheres the patch confirmation?????!!?!

There is no patch confirmation. This thread is simple speculation based on the fact that an image is due to disappear after the 21st. We'll see what happens on that date, but that's all I can say.

So a modification of Civ2's combat rules? I would like that with one slight change as well. Either make it so the weaker of the two units defends or that there is a massive combat penalty for stacked units. That way stacking is purely for moving units, not for a combat advantage.

stuck negative bonus is simpler to implement.

I agree with that. It's also more defensive from a realism perspective (the idea of overcrowding making a more difficult defensive situation). Plus, if it were a -50% penalty, that would be straight forward. Although it would still be more beneficial to have a Knight (9 strength) on top of a Crossbow (6 strength), it would be so devastating to the Knight if attacked that it probably wouldn't make substantive difference.

I would also not just make it so if one unit is destroyed they all are, I would add parallel damage (cut out half the HP of the top unit, cut out half of all).

Your ideas are good, but is there any chance we can move the 2UPT/stacking discussion over to the ideas and suggestions forum now considering that the moderators already plucked the discussion out of this forum and put it over there? I'm sitting over there on my own at the 2UPT thread talking to my reflection in the mirror
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=446614
Cheers

Woops, thought I was in that thread. My bad :D

Top Bottom