1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

SprylliNES V: The Peloponnesian War

Discussion in 'Never Ending Stories' started by spryllino, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Gen.Mannerheim

Gen.Mannerheim Grand Moff

To Cumae

A convoy of twenty transports will depart Syracuse to resupply our brothers in Cumae. Ten ships will be loaded with grain collected from the surrounding countryside and subject towns as well as donations from prominent merchants and families from Syracuse. Five ships will be loaded with amphora of wine of common quality. Three ships with loads of lumber for use in repairs of damage to the city’s building and defenses. And two ships will be loaded with olive oil, weapons and armor (including spears, arrows, bolts, other projectiles, and shields) and bundles of tunics, clothing, and other fabrics. The government of Syracuse gives these supplies with a gracious heart and with the full support of ten Syracusan warships to open her harbor to the world

2. spryllino

spryllino Deity

Yes, but the Spartans are not in full control of Amphipolis. If you look at the map, you'll see it's actually coloured yellow; there are only relatively few Spartan soldiers there.

3. Espoir

Espoir Warlord

Yes, but it is the Spartans' responsibility to enforce the treaty, and they actually have the ability to do so at Amphipolis. I do not see why the Athenians would withdraw from Pylos, for example, if the Spartans do not enforce their end of the treaty.

4. Immaculate

Immaculate unerring

Thebes, finding itself without allies, regretfully must accept the Peace proposed. A shameful day indeed.

5. The Strategos

The Strategos Thanatos

Sparta most certainly do not have the ability to hand over Amphipolis, not without a much larger army then is currently there now. Sure, if Athens wants a pretext for war they could demand Sparta send a larger army and when it failed to comply (and it most certainly would fail, for she has too many enemies to send a large enough army to be effective north) use it as an excuse to resume the war. And they may indeed choose to do that here (I certainly wouldn't oppose such a plan), though that seems pointless, Athens still would be without Amphipolis and would now have more enemies with whom to contend.

6. spryllino

spryllino Deity

Therefore the Decree of the Athenian People to wage war against the Boeotians is void.

Lamachus is therefore to set sail for Thrace with the forces specified by the psephisma as soon as it is feasible for him to do so.

Demosthenes is required to oversee the handing over of Pylos.

Nicias and Alcibiades are not required to do anything this turn in terms of military actions.

This is the 20-hour warning. I have so far received orders from Kraznaya, erez87, and Gen.Mannerheim.

7. Yui108

Yui108 Deity

I shall accept my obligations

8. Thlayli

Thlayli Le Pétit Prince

Rejoice, people of Athens, for she has been vindicated.

The vile Boiotians, who as we know once conspired to place Hellas under the dominion of the Persians, are vanquished without the loss of one life.

9. spryllino

spryllino Deity

So, I'm still, most crucially, waiting on Dachs, Immaculate, Kentharu and skeptikalz!. The deadline is past. I need orders (saying what you intend to do and giving defence plans) from you pretty much immediately if you want an update this weekend rather than next weekend.

Unless informed otherwise, I am assuming that I am not to expect orders from Thlayli (character inactive), or from TLK, Eko, or Shadowbound, who haven't showed up.

I am starting on the update in a few minutes.

10. Gen.Mannerheim

Gen.Mannerheim Grand Moff

OOC: I know that Dachs has some personal stuff going on this weekend so that's prob the cause of the silence.

11. spryllino

spryllino Deity

I have finished the account of the campaigns in Campania and Lucania.

I cannot do Thrace without Dachs's orders.

I cannot do the Peloponnese without orders from skeptikalz! and Kentharu. skeptikalz! and Kentharu, you both need to include full contingencies in your orders please or I shall assume there aren't any; don't rely on me coming on #nes.

If you all send orders quickly, I might be able to have another crack at it tomorrow night, but if not, send your orders as quickly as possible, but you likely won't get update until next Saturday.

12. erez87

erez87 Lord of Random

A deadline exists because of the word dead. Who cares about their orders?

13. skeptikalz!

skeptikalz! The Truth and the Lie

Sent. My apologies for being late.

14. Kentharu

Kentharu Zebra Commander

I'm to lazy to do this.
    Drop me

15. erez87

erez87 Lord of Random

I personally doubt this NES will last longer than an update.

16. spryllino

spryllino Deity

Honestly, erez, shut up. My record in previous NESes is much to the contrary, and I would have thought, given how much time I spent last Saturday on #nes with you resolving your campaigns, that you would realise that I am quite invested enough in this NES for there not to be more than the slightest chance of it failing. I don't have time to work on the update on weekday evenings, but I'll do more at the weekend, however many people I have to NPC, and I'm not short of players, all told. Unless you want to make this NES, a very promising start in my view, fail, don't make demoralising comments.

17. erez87

erez87 Lord of Random

I'm not blaming you. You are invested, I feel that I am too.

Your players aren't, and you are still waiting for them.

18. das

das Regeneration In Process

Do I need to come on IRC, or..?

19. Thlayli

Thlayli Le Pétit Prince

If you need more players, spry, make the call and #nes will find them.

20. erez87

erez87 Lord of Random

He need more dedicated players that send orders on time and are there when required.