Talking about the Universe

It's the terror of knowing
What this world is about
Watching some good friends
Screaming 'Let me out'​

The universe is a great big tease.

The surface area/volume scaling differently messing with my giant insect plan.

Time dilation happening everywhere all the time but not enough to easily notice.

Things that are smaller than we can ever probe and bigger than our event horizon so we can't ever measure them.

The uncertainty principle giving just enough fuzzy odds and boundry conditions to manifest fate and free will.

Fission and fusion both stop releasing energy at Iron. What makes iron so special?

A great big joke in there somewhere. Cosmic sized. It's all gonna end as iron and light most likely. Or maybe a big crunch, but what about the light?

It's the terror of knowing
What this world is about
Watching some good friends
Screaming 'Let me out'​

Images of broken light which dance before me like a million eyes
They call me on and on across the universe
Thoughts meander like the restless wind inside a letter box
They tumble blindly as they make their way across the universe

A man said to the universe:
“Sir, I exist!"
“However,” replied the universe,
“The fact has not created in me
“A sense of obligation.”​
-- BY STEPHEN CRANE​

The question I have is.... is Hubble's Constant valid?

If we assume that the Universe is CONTRACTING, at just under the speed of light....

Then, by my thinking, it would be very hard to tell that from expanding.

Everything depend on the Doppler, that makes me uneasy.

In addition, if free will is a myth, sub-atomics suggest that it is a myth...
Then morality is what? An affectation?

Or do we create a hereafter that exists because we thought of it.
That is quite scary really.

Come on, Ziggy. This would be a perfect time to link to APOD's Scale of the Universe display. :)

I have nothing less significant to say. Thanks, for the thread Ziggy Stardust.

And there we have it. :)

The universe is always the same size (not a constant, but a certain width of experience), but its contents vary as I move. I will never see what's outside our universe: Sometimes, things spontaneously appear as I sit still, even, outside my control; I might get surprised from birdpoop appearing on my hair. Then suddenly a bird poop exists. And a cursed bird.

And in time, when I'm old enough, the universe will be plunged into the abyss.

The universe is always the same size (not a constant, but a certain width of experience), but its contents vary as I move. I will never see what's outside our universe: Sometimes, things spontaneously appear as I sit still, even, outside my control; I might get surprised from birdpoop appearing on my hair. Then suddenly a bird poop exists. And a cursed bird.

And in time, when I'm old enough, the universe will be plunged into the abyss.

Sounds like somebody woke up on the Diety side of his bed :old:

Psalm 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
Psalm 8:1,3 O Lord, our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.
3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained

Psalm 19:1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
Psalm 8:1,3 O Lord, our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.
3 When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained
Psalm 137:9
Happy shall he be, that takes and dashes your little ones against the stones.

Well, I saw that giant earthworm and now I'll never stop screaming.
That giant crab... horrors.

Top Bottom