• workers.jpg
    workers.jpg
    748.5 KB · Views: 587
  • clams.jpg
    clams.jpg
    507.8 KB · Views: 595
  • Maya BC-0825.CivBeyondSwordSave
    145.8 KB · Views: 56
Looks like things are going well. I might finally have some time to contribute something this weekend.

At least we've found the end of the world as we know it. That helps in planning. Should we make a continental dotmap?
How much of a gold stash do we need to do meditation->priesthood->monarchy?
Should Mutal or Lakamha do the first GS (i.e., should Mutal or Lakamha do the second)?

Had a look :). Very good. Can probably start teching this or next turn, with new gems Monarchy should take about 10-11 turns.

I would look into chopping 2x forest after gems for a new worker (one worker on each forest). Should be good. Starting to grow soon and many tiles will be needed.

Finish cottage, then go and improve pigs for new city, yup :). With one or two workers? Two I guess.

Mutal could build another worker at size 5 in decent time even with 2x scientists, while using copper (corn, copper, cottage + 2x scientist... or even mine instead of cottage, starving -1 :food: for a few turns...)? Would be good to have a worker up there with Monarchy (road corn, build winery, road wine, build 1-2 cottages) and moving an existing worker wastes many turns doing nothing while we want our force clearing the jungle. What you think? :)

Generally Mutal should finish its GS first, probably? Lakamha has more potential and really wants to work all its green cottages instead of being stuck with scientists. Mutal, scientists for 34T there don't hurt as much.

Should be done with whipping for a long time now, ok library in CI needs to be whipped, Granary in new city... but that's it.

I like the "one more farm for Uxmal" there, yup.

Dotmap could look something like this? Settle pigs as planned now. And then we are done until (close to) Optics imo.

Spoiler :

Would make use of every land tile, even desert copper is not so bad. Very lucrative for trades too, often worth two resis+money. That city on the river will be a powerhouse late-game.

Once we talked about "operation more workers" I think the path to Monarchy looks clear ;). Would very much like to play next, my last turnset was also interrupted a bit early by barbs and new info and stuff. Also next week will be busy for me so now is a good opportunity ~.

This always happens when i drink wine on weekends..i make some silly comments, just this time i have no idea what to write ;)

Okay, voices in your head..join us join us join us we got Dutchfire and we will get you too..join us join us, can you see how good Lain is?
And when Izuul starts his calculations, it's like vampires beating on helpless city folks

Spoiler :
Makes sense? Nope, all that matters..join us ~~

Did i really post that, scary..
must make a useful contribution now.

Should be good with 2nd scientist from Mutal, some spare food if we use Pigs there :)
No special plans for CI i think, so fine with only fish?

I like your dotmap, we can see if copper and stone would be more useful in first ring and giving up river bonus thou, faster gain and keeps 1 better tile too.
I rarely plan for Levee, but maybe it's worth doing?

Worker in Mutal looks good, would use only copper thou and keep 1 cottage.
Normal mine would be a bit extreme imo, we still have some time and it's not super urgent work.

Mayapan forests can be used for library too, my feeling would be that using those in Pigs city fit better for worker chopping.
Have fun with this turnset Lain :)

Yup, dotmap can be discussed later of course :). I'm not sure yet either.

Hm, I like library in Mayapan with the gems and stuff, but it won't come before Monarchy and with a few farms we can probably 2-pop-whip it at some point (enough production with gems to reach 30/90). So I would suggesting putting those forests into a worker first. If you don't completely hate that idea ;) can discuss more of course.

Pig city could whip granary/chop into library and 2-pop-whip later for those nice river tiles?

I found a good solution... just chop workers in both places :D. Here is my report.

Spoiler :

Worker in Mutal as planned + scientists here and Lakamha. Finished him with Monarchy and did grow to size 6 after whip anger wore off.

Calakmul founded. Put 1T into worker here before pigs were improved... so 2x chops (=50 :hammers: for worker) later will be enough for a worker in one turn (with improved pigs it's 7:hammers: towards worker I think, so at least 3:hammers: needed to be prepared now for for 1T worker later). Sounded good in theory, but was not needed because Granary whip generated enough hammers... meh. But more on that later.

What else to report... got a forest growth :D

That triggered me to chop a worker here aswell~~ I really think it's worth it. And worst case we can use a worker to fogbust and move a unit into the city for happiness ;). 8 workers for 6 jungley cities seems ok though. Hope you don't hate me now.

Monarchy next turn now with some micro... pics

Mayapan needs two farms, one is finished next turn, other is partially pre-built 1S, so need to finish it next :)

Calakmul... whip hammers + anarchy next turn + double chop in 2T. Keep in mind that it needs to be connected to the empire still.

Most cities grow into "unhappiness" next turn, switch into HR will fix that immediately. Max growth everywhere then and spam warriors, maybe even work copper in Mutal for that. GPP generation can be delayed for a few turns to achieve that.

New worker in Mutal should improve+road wine first, road on corn is pre-built 1T, wine might be more urgent though.

Now with Monarchy we want growth to size 10 everywhere.. Lakamha really lacks tiles, but can hire scientists I guess. Generally lacking a few tiles. Aaah. Uxmal can whip the library at some point. Also some GPP in Chichen Itza (even though first 2 GS come from other cities) might not be soo bad. Could get some Great Person in the later stages of the game with so much food, maybe even National Epic here? Or just plan for a 3rd GS to burn for Golden Age? Could come 1000 AD or so and be in time before our first attack.

:hammer:

Lets discuss a bit and then... Izuul, you want to play next since you have some time this weekend? :)

PS: Added a few markers. Be cautious if you switch tiles, I think one :commerce: less and Monarchy won't be finished.

Would suggest Sailing next, can whip a couple of Lighthouses. Metal Casting after? To have something useful for our hammers. Pre-building 1-2 Triremes would also be good.

Attachments

• Maya BC-0575.CivBeyondSwordSave
    160.2 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Here is my dotmap. Grabs two 2h city centers (plains hill and desert copper hill).

Order: down by the seafood, then the middle of the 3 (pigs in first ring), then the top one (shares tiles with Lakamha and can borrow the pigs), then the bottom one (slow start).

Looked a bit at the top 5 cities/religions: Christianity and Confucianism have been founded recently. Judaism, Buddhism and Hinduism are all at roughly 20%. Pyramids have been completed recently. Great Lighthouse not yet. GP so far are Great Spy and 2x Great Prophet (one shrine).
Would we want to do a Colossus shot? Probably not.

For tech, I agree that sailing and metal casting are the most important. We've got a bit of a lack of useful things to build (that don't halt growth) and lighthouses will be useful. They also increase the number of reasonable tiles we can work without taking worker turns. Then Machinery - Compass - Optics?

Was waiting until i have more time for adding my thoughts, it's ofc fine with workers Lain ;)

Techs, sailing first is cheap and useful yup.
While Mutal has no seafood, LH would give us plenty okay tiles. I think we want them, the lake would be better for Lakamha.
(where i could also see us whipping a LH when whip anger wears off? Similar for CI).
Scientists are fine meanwhile, (unfortunately) we need them in some places. Looks okay in CI for the 3rd one for much later.

Harbors are really nice with expansive, how will we value them (and Compass) compared to forges first?
Colossus can be interesting with copper, but more for failgold imo (done that a couple times in Iso). We are very likely too late for that thou, by teching Monarchy.

Settler whip into Caras 1t before Optics works great, adding 1 chop for 60h :)
Ever since Pedro did that, i like it much better than pre-building Triremes.

Yup, should definitely whip infrastructure little by little when whip anger wears off, makes it much easier later to manage whip anger and focus on units.

Don't know about Forge/Harbors... hm the +1 health could also be useful and they are really cheap ofc. Would decide that on a city-by-city basis. For example a Forge in Mutal looks good, will generate more hammers from whip/chop later when we get a caravel here.

Probably too late for Colossus, yup. Finishing it isn't worth it, but failgold can be nice.

Maybe we can still build at last one Trireme because we probably want 3-4 exploring. We are somewhere in the middle and that makes it harder to find others, they could be in any direction. So finishing 2 with overflow/chop and upgrading another 1-2 would give us quick information..

What I like about your dotmap Dutchfire: Pigs can be shared by two cities. Would still like to have something on the river though. Well, can be decided later :)

Are harbors so impressive? +1 health (two when we settle clam) and what +1 commerce prior to currency? Of course, we want to have them in place when astronomy hits.
I was thinking machinery and windmills would be more attractive (worker turns worker turns worker turns!)

What's the concrete plan, and who plays next?

Well i was still hoping we get some more peoples to join, looks not like it thou.
So either you or me now Dutchfire, i pass ofc if you want.
I've been away for a few days, so it's probably better if you play now. I could then play the next turnset this weekend. Sounds like a plan?

@Fippy

Quick question. I do not understand what you mean :

1) Nice when micro works?

-> 21 food + 5 food surplus (26/26) = just enough for next pop?
Next turn in food bar : 13/28 grnaray store + 0 food surplus = 13/28 total?

2) not so lucky here, 1 food missing:

-> 18 food + 5 food surplus (23/24) = just not enough for next pop?
Next turn in food bar : 12/26 granary store + 4 food surplus = 16/26 total?

Why is it important to get the next pop with exactly 0 food surplus in granary. Also including you mentioned the micro aspect, then next picture you say "not so lucky here".
:confused::confused::confused: assuming here you counted the food surplus each turn, you already knew it will be 1 food short some turns earlier.

So it is important that you hit the next pop with exactly the right amount of food surplus to fill the food bar to max? 24/24 and 26/26?

:hammer2:Oh bonkers , you was talking about the whip anger decline with the turn of growth ? :hammer2:

Time to get myself a cup of tea. :D I am braindead.

Last edited:
Top Bottom