The 2014 Civ IV S&T Awards

baseballpie

Deity
Bringing back a little piece of nostalgia from my first days here at S&T, I've decided to continue the Civ 4 S&T Awards for its third annual iteration (Not counting when it was skipped in 2013). So, here it begins! This round is the special runoff phase. Voting is similar to the last round, but with several differences. There are only two races this round, each one with different properties. The Narrative and Comedy categories are both locked in, but the Elective category has 3 stories up for one slot, while the Character-Based Interactives have three stories vying for two berths. Now, you may only vote for one story in each category. At the end of the round, the two CBIs with the most votes and the highest vote-garnering Elective will move on to the final round.

Spoiler 2nd Round Info :
The second round consists of the elimination phase. Anyone can cast their votes; you do not need to be an author or even a S&Ter. In this round, votes will be cast per each category. This means that you may vote twice within each category. So I would vote like this:
Spoiler :
I cast my vote for:

Narrative/AAR
Story, by Author
Story, by Author

Character-Based Interactive
Story, by Author
Story, by Author
etc.

You do not need to vote for all four categories at once, nor are you compelled to vote for all four categories at all. If you are an author of one of the stories on the list, you are still allowed to vote, however, I strongly recommend that you not vote for any of your own stories. I will not ban it, but I will look down upon it. At the end of the round, the three stories with the most votes in each category will move on to the third and possibly final round.
The Elimination round ends on 11:59 P.M. (UTC -05:00) Eastern Standard Time on Sunday, December 21, 2014

Spoiler 1st Round Info :
The first step is the nomination phase. Anyone and everyone can nominate any number of stories as long as they have been updated at least once since (or has finished after) January 1st. The format should look something like this:
Spoiler :
I nominate:
Story, by Author
Story, by Author
Story, by Author
etc.

Now, after a story has been nominated, it has to be endorsed (seconded) by at least one other person in order to make it to the next round. Feel free to second any story, no need to be picky and choosey at the moment. The format for seconding a story should look something like this:
Spoiler :
I second:
Story,
Story,
Story,
etc.

There is no limit to the number of stories you can nominate or second, nor is there a minimum amount you have to nominate/second. You can nominate one story, you can nominate forty for all I care. Neither is there any no limit on the amount of times you can post to second or nominate a story. I will maintain a list of stories seconded (thereby, occupying a spot in the next round) and a list of stories still not endorsed. There will be four rounds in total, each one thinning the crowd even further until we have one winner in each category. For the nomination round, no need to bother about categorization, I'll sort everything out myself for the next round.

The Nomination Round is over.

Links to the stories that have gotten through the first round are posted in the spoiler labeled '1st Round Stats'. Links to the first two S&T Awards can be found right here.

Votes

Narrative/AAR
A category characterized by updates made with little to no reader interaction

• Sri Lanka 2 by mrrandomplayer: 2
  • An Illustrated History of the Noyyau by Noyyau: 2
  • Interesting Times - The AI Side of RFC by CFCoasters: 2
  • Dawn of the Punic Sea by Tomorrow's Dawn: 1
  • Rise of the British Empire by constantinople: 1
  • Bella Italia by Lone Wolf: 1

A category characterized by readers controlling characters in story, whether it be for roleplaying purposes or in a ministerial duty

• Ethiopia: Land of Wonder by CaterpillarKing: 2
  • A Tryst With Destiny by adhiraj.bose: 4
  • Dawn of Russians by Citis: 2
  • The Democratic Caliphate by Sanguivorant: 2
  • (North) Korea: The Fresh Prince of Pyongyang by TheNoob: 0

Elective
A category characterized by readers voting on certain matters affecting the fate of a story within set platforms, most often for the leader of a civilization

• America: Write Your Own History by Royal Tenenbaum: 6
  • Poland: The Aristocratic Democracy by cudfather: 0
  • Rise of the Reichstag by baseballpie: 0
  • The Rise of Brazil by CaterpillarKing: 3
  • Greece: The dawn of Europeans by citis: 0

Comedy
A category characterized by stories intended to make readers laugh

• The Ports of Portugal by constantinople: 0
  • The Young Turks by constantinople: 0

Spoiler 1st Round Stats :

Elimination Phase:

Narrative/AAR
A category characterized by updates made with little to no reader interaction

• Sri Lanka 2 by mrrandomplayer
  • An Illustrated History of the Noyyau by Noyyau
  • Interesting Times - The AI Side of RFC by CFCoasters
  • Dawn of the Punic Sea by Tomorrow's Dawn
  • Rise of the British Empire by constantinople
  • Bella Italia by Lone Wolf

A category characterized by readers controlling characters in story, whether it be for roleplaying purposes or in a ministerial duty

• Ethiopia: Land of Wonder by CaterpillarKing
  • A Tryst With Destiny by adhiraj.bose
  • Dawn of Russians by Citis
  • The Democratic Caliphate by Sanguivorant
  • (North) Korea: The Fresh Prince of Pyongyang by TheNoob

Elective
A category characterized by readers voting on certain matters affecting the fate of a story within set platforms, most often for the leader of a civilization

• America: Write Your Own History by Royal Tenenbaum
  • Poland: The Aristocratic Democracy by cudfather
  • Rise of the Reichstag by baseballpie
  • The Rise of Brazil by CaterpillarKing
  • Greece: The dawn of Europeans by citis

Comedy
A category characterized by stories intended to make readers laugh

• The Ports of Portugal by constantinople
  • The Young Turks by constantinople

we're not covering older stories? I think that it should also cover stories finished after January 1st and active stories. Also, are we separating stories by category?

we're not covering older stories? I think that it should also cover stories finished after January 1st and active stories. Also, are we separating stories by category?

I suppose I could move the date back. Actually, January 1st does seem to make sense.
Categorization does not matter at the moment. Only at the beginning of Round 2 does it come into play.

Alright, I nominate:
5020 Years of Greatness, by mrrandomplayer
Sri Lanka 2, by mrrandomplayer
Ethiopia: Land of Wonder, by CaterpillarKing

Also, I second:
America: Choose Your Own Destiny, by Royal Tenenbaum

I'm only going to nominate one of my own stories.

I nominate,
The Rise of Brazil by CaterpillarKing
1 billion strong by phillip1882
A Tryst With Destiny by adhiraj.bose

I second,
America: Write Your Own History by Royal Tenenbaum
Ethiopia: Land of Wonder by CaterpillarKing
Sri Lanka 2 by mrrandomplayer

Also, random, you have the America story named wrong.

I'll nominate

Secrets of the Pharaoh by TheNoob

also, adhiraj, if the stories are already nominated, you second them. If you look, the America story has already been seconded, the Brazil story has been nominated, but not seconded, and the same with the India story.

I second Tryst with Destiny and Ethiopia, Land of Wonder.

I second America: Write your own history and The Rise of Brazil. What other stories have finished in 2014?

Egypt??? Come on that's one of my worst stories :lol:

I nominate:

(North) Korea: The Fresh Prince of Pyongyang by TheNoob
Dawn of Russians by Citis

I second:

A Tryst with Destiny by adhiraj.bose
The Rise of Brazil by CaterpillarKing

Does it matter how many seconds a story gets in this Phase?

Well, anyways:

I nominate:
- The Democratic Caliphate by Sanguivorant
- Polynesia: The Great Islands by The Noob
- Dawn of Russians by citis
- The Celestial Bureaucracy by Tomorrow's Dawn (it was updated in 2014, you may check it)
- Caerbulin the Barbarian by Royal Tenenbaum (because it was a great joke that made me laugh quite a couple times)

EDIT: Here we tied at nominating Dawn of Russians Noob, nice synchronization

- The Celestial Bureaucracy by Tomorrow's Dawn (it was updated in 2014, you may check it)

I don't think it should be in here. Just because it made one update or so. That's my opinion.

- Caerbulin the Barbarian by Royal Tenenbaum (because it was a great joke that made me laugh quite a couple times)

Because it was never update? :lol:

I don't think it should be in here. Just because it made one update or so. That's my opinion.

Because it was never update? :lol:

I hope Celestial Bureacracy let others win this as it already won in the past, but It was because of this update that I read parts of the story and it's great.

And I hope Caerbulin don't win, because it would mean people here prefer to vote on jokes.

To remind everyone that Caerbulin is still watching and waiting for his next update:

(I can't control myself when I see this pic :lol:)

It's beyond my power as GM to second any stories, but I will nominate a few that I found:

I nominate:
Greece: The dawn of Europeans by citis
Poland: The Aristocratic Democracy by cudfather
The Ports of Portugal by constantinople

Top Bottom