The 2024 US Presidential Election

Meanwhile on social media ....

Biden: We did fixed covids!!
Trump: Wrong! It's my vaccine! You welcome Joe!
MAGA: Vax is causing cancer! My familly died from vax! Vax is poisioning children and stole my girlfriend!

:popcorn:

Biden: We did fixed covids!!
Trump: Wrong! It's my vaccine! You welcome Joe!
MAGA: Vax is causing cancer! My familly died from vax! Vax is poisioning children and stole my girlfriend!
:culture: If it hadn't been for Covid-eye-Joe, I'd been married long time ago. Where did you come from, where did you go? Where did you come from Covid-eye-Joe? :culture::dance:

Last edited:
It would be the same thing except I'd be saying "I'm fed up with the liberal elements of the left-liberal coalition"
Yes but you'd be voting directly for the left, and hoping for them to be able to get enough votes to govern without the liberals

A flurry of post SOTU polls have been posted up at RCP. All of them have Trump leading and he has slightly increased his lead, not in a significant amount, to the extent that there is no evidence that Biden got a bounce from the speech. Of course, it could have somewhat staunched the bleeding after the Hur fiasco. Long way to go.

Biden visiting Wisconsin and Michigan, both of which are virtually necessary for him in November. He could possibly win with one of them, but these states are the absolute trenches. Smart to be there now and he needs to be there as often as his schedule will allow. If he were to lose both of these, he would have to sweep the other 4 battleground states, PA, GA, AR, and NV or bring some other state into play.

RNC slashes budget for minority outreach after MAGA takeover
Matthew Chapman
March 13, 2024 8:57AM ET

Following the Republican National Committee's takeover by Trump loyalists, the party will be shuttering a heavily-touted program designed to boost minority engagement.

In the wake of some modest gains with Hispanic voters in 2020, the GOP invested millions in a major program they promised would help them communicate with nonwhite voters in swing states like Georgia and Arizona and grow these gains — but flash forward to today, and the whole thing is being canceled.

According to The Daily Beast's Roger Sollenberger, "The program at issue is an initiative from the 2022 midterms where RNC field staff engaged voters through gatherings and events held at community centers in areas with heavy minority populations, most specifically Latino communities."

The RNC initially had almost two dozen of these centers throughout the country, but in January closed down all but five of them in California, Texas, and New York.

"At the time ... the RNC chalked the closures up as a temporary byproduct of its budget cycle," said the report. "However, the organization also announced that it was preparing to double down on these efforts for 2024, opening 40 new centers in Latino, Black, Asian American, Native American, Jewish, and veteran communities across the country. That would include establishing outposts in key battlegrounds like Las Vegas, Nevada, Tuscon, Arizona, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and Allentown, Pennsylvania."

Now, one source told The Beast, the RNC's tagline might as well be "Make the RNC White Again."

There was little evidence these community centers were doing much good for the RNC anyway. In 2022, the GOP boasted of some 5,000 events at these centers, from candidate forums to FIFA watch parties, but despite the midterm electorate being significantly more conservative than 2020, they did not see additional gains with Hispanic voters, and most of their highly-touted Hispanic candidates in key House districts lost. In Georgia, after one of these centers was announced in Atlanta to great fanfare, two-thirds of the Latino electorate polled said they still hadn't been contacted by any political party.

Additionally, noted Sollenberger, some of these community centers attracted the wrong kind of attention, like the now-defunct center in Oklahoma City.

"At the opening of the site in July of 2022, the RNC honored Jonathan Hernandez, president of the Oklahoma College Republicans and a political operative in the state," said the report. "But Hernandez was arrested less than a week later on charges of indecent or lewd acts with a minor and forcible oral sodomy. He pleaded guilty, got a five-year suspended sentence, and was ordered to register as a sex offender. After the charges, he had no further involvement with the community center."[/qoute]
That's a bold plan. Let's see how it works out.

The problem is you seem to throw this out to any criticism of the Democrats. Am I being fair? How do we move forward with constructive criticism, if someone like me (or anyone) has serious issues with the party despite not wanting to support the opposition?
Constructive criticism has to be constructive. If you're fatiguing the only flawed person who shows up to the fight, your criticism isn't constructive, it's destructive. If you are inspiring them to correct course, energizing them, it's constructive.

Constructive criticism has to be constructive. If you're fatiguing the only flawed person who shows up to the fight, your criticism isn't constructive, it's destructive. If you are inspiring them to correct course, energizing them, it's constructive.
Aside from being a tautology, this is pretty wildly funny in the ironic sense. Anyhow.

You've got to accept that the individual definition of constructive needs to meet others where they are, otherwise you fall into the destructive trap yourself.

Looking the polling, and there has been a lot lately, one thing stands out - there hasn't been a lot of movement. Trump's lead seems to be fairly steady. Looking back to his previous two campaigns, chronologically, his standing was falling during this time period. He would fall so far that he would trail Clinton by 11 points in late March of 2016. And he trailed Biden by 10 in late June of 2020.

The only thing this means is probably that we should expect significant movement. It is just not happening at the moment.

I sort of doubt we will be able to use 2020's numbers as any sort of reference. Everything was driven by the pandemic.

Even inflation isn't an exact analog, since it's not quite as dire and uncertain.

I might expect fixity of numbers, rather than movement. People know both options, know how they feel about them. History says that in rematches the vote goes the way it did the previous time. Both have negatives they didn't have the previous time: inflation/J6 and trials. But neither has any fresh positive to offer.

Aside from being a tautology, this is pretty wildly funny in the ironic sense. Anyhow.

You've got to accept that the individual definition of constructive needs to meet others where they are, otherwise you fall into the destructive trap yourself.
Tie goes to the guy doing the thing.

Run new candidates, or even be the change, if you can’t stomach the existing guys.

Well, first, I know a lot of words. This turns out to be one of those cases. (I Googled and found out it is a word)

But, second, I also make words up, so, as often as not, some word I use won't be a word. (That's why I had to Google my own word)

Last edited:
Well, first, I know a lot of words. This turns out to be one of those cases.

But, second, I also make words up, so, as often as not, some word I use won't be a word.
Yes, this was my suspicion, I thought I had you but alas.

Top Bottom