The "Fall Patch"

The patch is being tested. However, I don't know how long it'll take to work out the bugs and get the patch approved.

Thanks for my hopes...

This is last patch + hotfix ?

Very happy for Campaign Edition ;-)

[off topic] Brad Oliver worked as lead developer for Westlake, who ported Civ3 for MacSoft under contract. The last version of vanilla Civ3 escaped from his hard drive as a beta, along with a valiant attempt at an editor. Brad then moved to Aspyr and ported the newer versions of Civ3, plus Civ4. [/off topic]

Yes, yes. That's correct. I knew it was Brad. Oh, I'm getting old. :sad:

Yes, it's the 21st in Australia and I was hoping to get the patch before the end of the world :)

Just a guess folks, but I'd said January if it doesn't come out in the next few minutes. Aspyr folks have families too.

Pnut want patch now!!! Peanut will not tolerate delay!!!!Merh!...No but seriously, do you think by January? Also any news on new add ons or expansions?

Me three. My Steam account erased my Civ V file on the PC side, so I can't play the patch there anymore. Meh.

OSX Patch out? does it automatically download? Does anyone know anything about this patch? haha

Hell ! I was wrong !

I'm supposing for next one month now !

I'd be surprised if it took more than another 2 weeks. But, I don't have a desk in Aspyr.

This patch is currently having a snail's race with my new iMac's delivery.

I'll put $20 on the iMac delivery.

How come we never get release dates for these fixes? I mean, surely Aspyr (just like any other company) works according to deadlines? Are we simply not considered important enough to be kept in the loop?

I hope Aspyr understands that lack of info is a source of frustration all by itself.

I mean, surely Aspyr (just like any other company) works according to deadlines?

I doubt there's a deadline on this. It's not release work, it's not 'immediate revenue work', so it's most likely a lower priority, without a definite deadline. It'll be done when it's done.

Unless they bring us mod support and Steam Workshop support, I'll continue to play on my Win 7 partition anyway.

There's never a release date because by the time we can make a solid release date, we're releasing the patch.

When a PC patch is released, there's a lot of variables involved before the Mac version comes out. The testing process and the approval process takes a great deal of time, and any required fix can require more time to implement and retest.

When any step can require fixes and retesting, there's no way to do a long term release date. Throw something like a week or two of Christmas break in the mix, and there's more uncertainty. I suspect once the patch gets approved for release, then I'll be able to give a release date of "tomorrow" or "right now," but nothing further out than that.

Thanks for info Ryan! Just curious, does Aspyr get the patch before or after its released for PC?

Generally after. Porting while it's under development is a time drain, as we spend time tracing bugs down that turn out to be present in the PC version.

We also try to wait for any potential hot fixes, such as the patch that hit on Nov 21st for the "Fall Patch."

Top Bottom